Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758061 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8760 on: June 06, 2021, 09:26:05 PM »

Today we observed the 77th Anniversary of the Invasion of Normand and the beginning of the end of Nazi Germany’s Fortress Europe.

Of course this monumental achievement would never have happened without the stunning Union victory at the Battle of Memphis in 1862.

A battle that would never have happened if CSN had enough fuel to flee down river but they didn’t and so used the fuel they to engage the Union and promptly had their asses blown to bits in about an hour.

Yet it was such a pivotal engagement without that battle taking place DDay would never have happened.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: June 06, 2021, 10:45:59 PM »

Biden is picking the groups who get to decide which immigrants are allowed into the USA...

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/6-humanitarian-groups-tasked-with-picking-asylum-seekers-to-allow-into-u-s/

------

I think that we should make the immigrants who are already here legal first, and then we need to have a Good Neighbor policy with Mexico and with Canada, and a special policy for our allies. We also must have special consideration for the people from Venezuela.

As far as places for the immigrants to come to...

We need to send UNION REPRESENTATIVES to our Southern Border to tell our new immigrants where the good union jobs are.

Also we can send new immigrants from Venezuela to Battle Mountain, Nevada, and there is Elko, Nevada, for the people who want to study.

And there is Merced, California, which is welcoming new immigrants.

We can allow in refugees with help from the Catholic Church, and also with help from UNICEF, etc.

Also, we need to welcome in Medical Students from the Philippines, etc.

And we also need Psychiatrists.

I also think that we should have an open door for our allies from Poland and from the Ukraine.

The Muslims can go be essential workers in Abu Dhabi and in Dubai, where they will be happy.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 10:57:00 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: June 07, 2021, 05:16:47 AM »

:American citizens now, should get first chance at any jobs, including union jobs...before any immigrants either legal or illegal.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: June 07, 2021, 05:23:09 AM »

:American citizens now, should get first chance at any jobs, including union jobs...before any immigrants either legal or illegal.

I am sure the owners and managers of our baseball teams disagree with you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: June 07, 2021, 08:31:17 AM »

"Google it."

I did, Larry, and it turns out it's like Banks said. It's not enough to have the people's opinions align with yours. You gotta win elections. Politics.

Whether the "majority of Americans across the political spectrum want what you call progressive economic policies" kind of doesn't matter, if you don't win where you need to win, or generate enthusiasm in individual districts.

Only 16 districts split their votes in 2020
Districts carried by a presidential candidate of one major party and a House candidate of the other party in 2020

MARGIN   
DISTRICT   WINNER   PARTY   FLIPPED SEAT   HOUSE   PRESIDENT   DIFF.
NY-24   John Katkoi   R      R+10.2   D+9.1   +19.2
PA-01   Brian Fitzpatricki   R      R+13.1   D+5.8   +19.0
ME-02   Jared Goldeni   D      D+6.1   R+7.4   +13.5
CA-21   David Valadao   R   ✓   R+0.9   D+10.9   +11.8
CA-39   Young Kim   R   ✓   R+1.2   D+10.1   +11.3
NE-02   Don Baconi   R      R+4.6   D+6.5   +11.1
CA-25   Mike Garciai   R      R+0.1   D+10.1   +10.2
PA-08   Matt Cartwrighti   D      D+3.5   R+4.4   +8.0
NJ-03   Andy Kimi   D      D+7.8   R+0.2   +7.9
WI-03   Ron Kindi   D      D+2.7   R+4.7   +7.4
TX-24   Beth Van Duyne   R      R+1.3   D+5.4   +6.7
FL-27   María Elvira Salazar   R   ✓   R+2.7   D+3.2   +5.9
IL-17   Cheri Bustosi   D      D+4.1   R+1.6   +5.7
MI-08   Elissa Slotkini   D      D+3.6   R+0.8   +4.4
CA-48   Michelle Steel   R   ✓   R+2.1   D+1.5   +3.6
IA-03   Cindy Axnei   D      D+1.4   R+0.1   +1.5
i Incumbent in November 2020

SOURCES: THE COOK POLITICAL REPORT, DAILY KOS ELECTIONS

The GOP’s slight edge in these crossover seats is significant, as it continues a recent pattern in presidential contests of Republicans winning more districts with split outcomes. (Democrats previously held this advantage, from 2000 to 2008, but in 2010 they lost many seats in the South that had long been in their hands despite voters’ leaning toward the GOP at the presidential level.) However, while the GOP may have done somewhat better in the crossover seats in 2020, they still proved to be pivotal to the Democrats’ majority: The Democrats now hold 222 seats overall,4 and that’s in large part thanks to these seats. If they’d lost five or more of these split-ticket seats, Republicans would have gained control. In total, the average gap between the presidential and House margins in the 16 crossover seats was about 9.2 points, while the average difference in the remaining House seats was 4.4 points,5 indicative of just how close the presidential and House races ran together.

And that close alignment will likely be the reality moving forward. Even if the number of crossover seats increases in 2024, it would take a dramatic shift in our politics for enough voters to split their tickets to produce a lot of Democratic House members in seats carried by the GOP presidential nominee or vice versa. Now more than ever, these split-ticket outcomes are the exception, not the rule.

So, banks is right. It's about politics, not necessarily what the majority of Americans or the majority of American voters want.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: June 07, 2021, 08:38:31 AM »

And bambu likely watches a bit of the Australian A league on the telly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_A-League_players
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: June 07, 2021, 08:46:12 AM »

Cheney: Trump inciting January 6 riot 'the most dangerous thing' a president has done

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/06/politics/cheney-trump-dangerous-thing-axe-files/index.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Opening a Pandora's box, with loosening the immigration rules. Should start with the homeless and unemployed here in the US first. We are coming off a disastrous pandemic. Give primo union jobs to American citizens laid-off and give aid to the countries. These people abandon their infants at the gate, makes them morally unfit for citizenship.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #8767 on: June 07, 2021, 09:25:09 AM »

....makes them morally unfit for citizenship.

So many rejoinders,  so little time.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: June 07, 2021, 09:58:37 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: June 07, 2021, 10:02:29 AM »

And bambu likely watches a bit of the Australian A league on the telly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_A-League_players

Surprised to see only three US born players have played there

kidcarter8

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: June 07, 2021, 11:14:58 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-shrink-tells-yale-audience-she-fantasizes-about-shooting-white-people-in-head

NYC shrink tells Yale audience she fantasizes about shooting White people in head

A New York City-based psychiatrist told an audience at the Yale School of Medicine in April that she had fantasies of "unloading a revolver into the head of any white person that got in my way."

Dr. Aruna Khilanani spewed the race-hating virtual remarks — in which she also said she’d walk away from the shooting "with a bounce in my step" and that white people "make my blood boil" and "are out of their minds and have been for a long time" — at the Ivy League institution’s Child Study Center on April 6...

..."Nothing makes me angrier than a white person who tells me not to be angry, because they have not seen real anger yet," she said — before talking about how she "systematically" cut off most of her former white friends "around five years ago.

"I stopped watching the news," Khilanani continued. "Once I started, I couldn’t stop.

"It was also a public service," she said. "I had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any white person that got in my way, burying their body and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step. Like I did the world a f–king favor."

Later in the talk, Khilanani claimed that conversing with white people about racial issues was "useless because they are at the wrong level of conversation.

"White people are out of their minds, and they have been for a long time … White people feel that we are bullying them when we bring up race," she said.

Truly surprised that the woke folk here haven't brought this up, given the tremendous concern expressed here for ensuring a world in which we all live peacefully together and learn to accept our inherent differences.

Some folks did react to her comments: https://meaww.com/psychiatrist-dr-aruna-khilanani-slammed-shoot-white-people-yale-talk-twitter-reactions-racism

And Yale gave its reaction to the lecture, too: https://www.nhregister.com/news/article/Yale-School-of-Medicine-responds-to-outcry-over-16227421.php

“I began my talk by saying that if I start talking about race in this way, I’m going to be seen as the crazy, psychotic one and white people just followed my (expletive) textbook like a (expletive) script,” she said.---

Some folks may read her thoughts and conclude that it really is a privilege to be white.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8772 on: June 07, 2021, 11:51:13 AM »

"Google it."

I did, Larry, and it turns out it's like Banks said. It's not enough to have the people's opinions align with yours. You gotta win elections. Politics.

Whether the "majority of Americans across the political spectrum want what you call progressive economic policies" kind of doesn't matter, if you don't win where you need to win, or generate enthusiasm in individual districts.

Only 16 districts split their votes in 2020
Districts carried by a presidential candidate of one major party and a House candidate of the other party in 2020

MARGIN   
DISTRICT   WINNER   PARTY   FLIPPED SEAT   HOUSE   PRESIDENT   DIFF.
NY-24   John Katkoi   R      R+10.2   D+9.1   +19.2
PA-01   Brian Fitzpatricki   R      R+13.1   D+5.8   +19.0
ME-02   Jared Goldeni   D      D+6.1   R+7.4   +13.5
CA-21   David Valadao   R   ✓   R+0.9   D+10.9   +11.8
CA-39   Young Kim   R   ✓   R+1.2   D+10.1   +11.3
NE-02   Don Baconi   R      R+4.6   D+6.5   +11.1
CA-25   Mike Garciai   R      R+0.1   D+10.1   +10.2
PA-08   Matt Cartwrighti   D      D+3.5   R+4.4   +8.0
NJ-03   Andy Kimi   D      D+7.8   R+0.2   +7.9
WI-03   Ron Kindi   D      D+2.7   R+4.7   +7.4
TX-24   Beth Van Duyne   R      R+1.3   D+5.4   +6.7
FL-27   María Elvira Salazar   R   ✓   R+2.7   D+3.2   +5.9
IL-17   Cheri Bustosi   D      D+4.1   R+1.6   +5.7
MI-08   Elissa Slotkini   D      D+3.6   R+0.8   +4.4
CA-48   Michelle Steel   R   ✓   R+2.1   D+1.5   +3.6
IA-03   Cindy Axnei   D      D+1.4   R+0.1   +1.5
i Incumbent in November 2020

SOURCES: THE COOK POLITICAL REPORT, DAILY KOS ELECTIONS

The GOP’s slight edge in these crossover seats is significant, as it continues a recent pattern in presidential contests of Republicans winning more districts with split outcomes. (Democrats previously held this advantage, from 2000 to 2008, but in 2010 they lost many seats in the South that had long been in their hands despite voters’ leaning toward the GOP at the presidential level.) However, while the GOP may have done somewhat better in the crossover seats in 2020, they still proved to be pivotal to the Democrats’ majority: The Democrats now hold 222 seats overall,4 and that’s in large part thanks to these seats. If they’d lost five or more of these split-ticket seats, Republicans would have gained control. In total, the average gap between the presidential and House margins in the 16 crossover seats was about 9.2 points, while the average difference in the remaining House seats was 4.4 points,5 indicative of just how close the presidential and House races ran together.

And that close alignment will likely be the reality moving forward. Even if the number of crossover seats increases in 2024, it would take a dramatic shift in our politics for enough voters to split their tickets to produce a lot of Democratic House members in seats carried by the GOP presidential nominee or vice versa. Now more than ever, these split-ticket outcomes are the exception, not the rule.

So, banks is right. It's about politics, not necessarily what the majority of Americans or the majority of American voters want.

https://theappeal.org/the-lab/polling-memos/voters-in-frontline-and-swing-districts-support-progressive-policies/

From January

If Manchin wasn’t cook blocking Biden’s BIG FUCKING POLICIES 2022 would be a Democratic blowout in spite of GOP voter suppression, redistricting and other efforts made to push the big lie.

Have a seat.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 12:23:01 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 2928