Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758257 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8805 on: June 07, 2021, 05:53:55 PM »

You call me a dummy, do you have a Jeopardy!

I'll take "Hyperthymesia" for $600, Alex. Oh, wait---forgot you were dead.

Being able to recall trivia is limited to essentially one kind of intelligence.

There are many people who know all the ins and outs of the game of baseball, but they've never actually played the game.

Rain Man knew what airlines not to fly. Did you want him piloting the plane?

Think about it. Because as far as this conversation on politicking goes, your not well positioned to win the argument.

Speaking of politics, would you like to make comparisons between us based on our experiences or by our ability to learn, file and access information, trivia or otherwise?

Either way your out of your depth.

Oooohhh...fac is not going to like how you used "your"!

Reading you is like watching a baboon pick nits out his ass.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8806 on: June 07, 2021, 05:57:22 PM »

Larry

I won my college residential area "Risk" competition, but I'm reasonably sure its doesn't make me a a great candidate for Sec of State or 5-Star General.

Your limp rebuttals using your resume to fend off valid arguments are fucking funny as hell and totally irrelevant.

"Jeopardy" that was some very funny shit.

You need to take a nap Larry.

I think fac takes over when Larry naps. That way, their idiocy continues 24/7.

How do you like playing side kick to a guy who despises you?

The only thing you have in common are your futile attempts to convince yourselves you somehow are better than anyone else in here.

Take a shot to go with the mug of beer you’re crying in.

Someone must've kicked you upside your head, Larry.

Some of us white folks can put aside our personal differences and agree on some things.

Perhaps we are thivker-dkinned than you?

I think banks might agree that you're a supercilious twit with anger management issues.

But that's his call.

Sure! White folks like you are suckers and marks willing to try and bite off your own nose if you thought it would hurt black people.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8807 on: June 07, 2021, 06:00:27 PM »

Larry

I won my college residential area "Risk" competition, but I'm reasonably sure its doesn't make me a a great candidate for Sec of State or 5-Star General.

Your limp rebuttals using your resume to fend off valid arguments are fucking funny as hell and totally irrelevant.

Slink away, Banks.

While some folks can do, others just talk shit.

I never played “Risk” but I scored big time in leadership lab for devising operations from objectives, to strategies to tactics during my tenure in ROTC.

Larry

Take a step back. You're the one talking shit

congrats on Jeopardy but how is that relevant to someone legitimately criticizing an opinion you had in this forum?

Larry it holds no relevance.

And its a laughable rebuttal

Literally.

And Larry your ROTC service is admirable, but you're not coming off like Gen Colin Powell, but rather more like Doug Neidermeyer.

and we all know how he ended up.

LMAO

The rebuttal is I know more and have done more than you in spite of having to deal the likes of you in my professional and personal endeavors.

Your ego won’t allow you to accept the fact people like you and your trained organ grinder monkey are a dime a fucking dozen.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8808 on: June 07, 2021, 06:01:45 PM »

Larry

Slink away, Banks.

I never played “Risk” but I scored big time in leadership lab for devising operations from objectives, to strategies to tactics during my tenure in ROTC.

Larry

congrats on Jeopardy but how is that relevant to someone criticizing you on an opinion you had in this forum?

And Larry your ROTC service is admirable, but you're not coming off like Gen Colin Powell, but rather more like Doug Neidermeyer.

LMAO

I think he's coming off more like Corporal Agarn of Passaic, New Jersey.

Says Private Snafu...

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8809 on: June 07, 2021, 06:04:41 PM »

Funny aside.

If I was all hopped up on pain killers the fact TWO of you barely holding your own is hysterical.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8810 on: June 07, 2021, 06:06:54 PM »

PS

You’re still wrong on the Michael Sam argument because you’ve forgotten to bring anything but your opinion.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: June 07, 2021, 06:07:45 PM »

Let’s see if I get this straight.
Biden rolled back Trump policies at the border, calling Trump and the GOP racists for wanting to make it tough for illegal aliens to enter the USA.
Biden and the dems, instead, literally invited them in.
The resulting rush was labeled a “ crisis at the border” that was vigorously denied by Biden who blamed Trump for increases.
Biden tabbed Kammy Harris to take charge of the mess.
75 days later VP Harris makes her first foray south and tells people in Guatemala to stay home, “ you will only be turned away”!
To which the Guatemalan President said “ Say what?  You’ll told them to come! “

Kamala Harris accomplished one thing,though.
She admitted she is a racist

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: June 07, 2021, 06:09:27 PM »

Larry

Slink away, Banks.

Larry

congrats on Jeopardy but how is that relevant to someone legitimately criticizing an opinion you had in this forum?

Literally.

LMAO

The rebuttal is I know more and have done more than you in spite of having to deal the likes of you in my professional and personal endeavors.

Your ego won’t allow you to accept the fact people like you and your trained organ grinder monkey are a dime a fucking dozen.
Larry you're talking shit again.

You know very little about me and my accomplishments, personal or professional, as I rarely discuss them, as I learned that disclosing too much info on the internet has its risks.

I generally let my arguments make my case, and create an impression, and do the heavy lifting, rather than having the need to embellish modest accomplishments to impress internet strangers.

I'm not as needy for the attention as you seem to be.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: June 07, 2021, 06:18:24 PM »

PS

You’re still wrong on the Michael Sam argument because you’ve forgotten to bring anything but your opinion.

Larry I brought the facts.

You made it perfectly clear, you did not understand how the facts fit together and how there was no Oprah money for Sam once the cameras were not permitted to film his rookie tryout with the Rams.

I've no idea what fantasy world you live in. Sam had little value once Ram's camp was off-limits and Oprah knew it immediately as she's an astute business person, and she cut her exposure.

But you need to re argue the case 7 years later.

And it only proves and exposes your inability to learn from your mistakes. 

Larry, you bring an incoherence, a studied avoidance of the obvious when it clashes with your bias, stubbornness, and a glaring inabulity to reconsider your mistakes.

But you did appear on Jeopardy. 

Good for you.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 06:23:17 PM by bankshot1 »

Holly Martins

« Reply #8814 on: June 07, 2021, 06:33:11 PM »

Like Jeb Bartlett,  chess is my preferred board game.   

Skill at Jeopardy reflects, usually,  someone widely read,  as Alex often pointed out.   And the sort of retentive mind that can,  say,  still sing the F Troop song though they haven't heard it since age 11.

A hero who sneezed,  abruptly seized retreat and reversed it to victory....

Impressive that at  age 98, Larry Storch is alive,  well,  and still travels around the country meeting fans.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #8815 on: June 07, 2021, 06:34:11 PM »

Let’s see if I get this straight.

You didn't.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: June 07, 2021, 06:41:22 PM »

I really liked F Troop as a kid, the show cracked me up, and IMO a cut above from most 60s comedies. And I had a crush on Jane. I still have a weakness for blondes

I remember when I heard the more R version of the origins of the tribe,  "We're the Fukawi'? years after the show, I just broke up.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 06:54:44 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: June 07, 2021, 07:16:54 PM »

We're the Fugawi -- classic story of writers hoping to sneak one past the censors.   Too bad,  the censors got the joke,  and they had to call the tribe the Hakawi.  (as in "where the heck are we? " )

I loved that show,  too.   Some of Storch's stuff was Pythonesque.   Stood out from American sixties tv comedy.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8819 on: June 07, 2021, 08:00:08 PM »

Larry

Slink away, Banks.

Larry

Literally.

LMAO

Larry you're talking shit again.

You know very little about me and my accomplishments, personal or professional, as I rarely discuss them, as I learned that disclosing too much info on the internet has its risks.

I generally let my arguments make my case, and create an impression, and do the heavy lifting, rather than having the need to embellish modest accomplishments to impress internet strangers.

I'm not as needy for the attention as you seem to be.

I Can’t be threatened with doxxing (you still let that guy tag along picking nits out of your fur) because I’m a public figure and there ain’t no secrets for me to protect.

As far as me being needy you’re more needy by continuing to preen and strut and declare yourself kicking ass in a mostly anonymous forum. I don’t care what you e done because you’re just basically a blowhard trying to overcompensate. The time you said I sounded like the guys you used to take the pants from in school made me wonder, “What kind of emotionally centered grown ass man would brag about being a bully?

You have an unhealthy need to dominate in these spaces to make yourself feel superior. You’ve used the term “poor Larry” more times than recall yet when claim to “kick your ass” it’s just hot air.
You only “win” when people get tired.

I’ll leave that right there... for now.

There was a short lived show with Walter Brennan and his tagline was, “No brag, just facts!”

I don’t have to embellish anything because like I said, it’s quantifiable.

Like I said, you talk shit, I’ve done shit.

Your arguments in here mostly boil down to “because I said so.”

You

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 2928