Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758208 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8820 on: June 07, 2021, 08:02:26 PM »

PS

You’re still wrong on the Michael Sam argument because you’ve forgotten to bring anything but your opinion.

Larry I brought the facts.

You made it perfectly clear, you did not understand how the facts fit together and how there was no Oprah money for Sam once the cameras were not permitted to film his rookie tryout with the Rams.

I've no idea what fantasy world you live in. Sam had little value once Ram's camp was off-limits and Oprah knew it immediately as she's an astute business person, and she cut her exposure.

But you need to re argue the case 7 years later.

And it only proves and exposes your inability to learn from your mistakes. 

Larry, you bring an incoherence, a studied avoidance of the obvious when it clashes with your bias, stubbornness, and a glaring inabulity to reconsider your mistakes.

But you did appear on Jeopardy. 

Good for you.

What can I say? I’m petty like that and as Jen Psaki would say I tend to circle back to things from time to time.

Oh, did I mention I’m really fucking petty?

What facts?

Everything you’ve stated as fact is your opinion as are your “strong supporting arguments.”

« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:06:13 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: June 07, 2021, 08:12:00 PM »

PS

You’re still wrong on the Michael Sam argument because you’ve forgotten to bring anything but your opinion.

You made it perfectly clear, you did not understand how the facts fit together and how there was no Oprah money for Sam once the cameras were not permitted to film his rookie tryout with the Rams.

I've no idea what fantasy world you live in. Sam had little value once Ram's camp was off-limits and Oprah knew it immediately as she's an astute business person, and she cut her exposure.

Larry, you bring an incoherence, a studied avoidance of the obvious when it clashes with your bias, stubbornness, and a glaring inabulity to reconsider your mistakes.

Good for you.

What facts?

Everything you’ve stated as fact is your opinion as are your strong supporting arguments.
Are you, blind, willfully stubborn or just stupid?

As soon as the Rams told Sam there would be no Sama-Rama drama, at training camp, and he would be treated like every other Ram rookie, Oprah knew she couldn't monetize the gay football player and turn him into a soap opera, so she dropped Sam like a hot potato.

No tv show, no money.

Its not my problem you can't play connect the dots, are blind to the obvious and insist on arguing Sam should have taken the money.

Fucking 7 years after the fact you want a different ending.

There was no money once the Rams and the NFL shut it down. 

Its not that fucking complicated once you open your mind to the facts.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:18:21 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: June 07, 2021, 08:15:58 PM »

Post about the news.

Post opinions about the news.

Post in response to others' opinions and articles.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: June 07, 2021, 08:20:50 PM »

Post about the news.

Post opinions about the news.

Post in response to others' opinions and articles.

Apparently this is news to Larry.

He's been in a coma for 7 years.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8825 on: June 07, 2021, 08:45:47 PM »

PS

Good for you.

What facts?

Everything you’ve stated as fact is your opinion as are your strong supporting arguments.
Are you, blind, willfully stubborn or just stupid?

As soon as the Rams told Sam there would be no Sam-drama-Rama, at training camp, and he would be treated like every other Ram rookie, Oprah knew she couldn't monetize the gay football player and turn him into a soap opera, she dropped Sam like a hot potato.

No tv show, no money.

Its not my problem you can't play connect the dots, are blind to the obvious and insist on arguing Sam should have taken the money.

Fucking 7 years after the fact you want a different ending.

There was no money once the Rams and the NFL shut it down. 

Its not the fucking complicated once you open your mind to the facts.

She dropped him because he backed out of the project.

Oprah looking to monetize Sam? Of course it might have been ratings gold and it might have been a fizzle.

What you fail to realize is by backing out of the contract he cost the production company a good chunk of change.

They were ready to start production when the Rams claimed it would cause a distraction although that never stopped a team from bringing Tim Tebow to camp.

How much do you know about pre production for this type of series?

The show was to be made on location that means you have figure logistics and make deposits on lodgings, travel, personnel (local company for crew or deploy an in house team - either way that’s money) and equipment.

In order to be the principal in a reality TV you have to at least sign a release authorizing the use of you and your likeness so there will be consideration for compensation... not a shit ton of cash but there was agreed to CONTRACT that he and his reps tore up (who have other clients with NFL) and bowed to the will of theRams.

Conjecture on my part. If Sam had a production centered on him and he balled out (which he did) the Rams have to say, “don’t believe the tape! Trust us he just isn’t good enough.

He backs out (break a deal, face the wheel) and fucked over OPRAH WINFREY? The Queen of all media?

Ever heard the saying, “You’ll never work in this town again!”

FACT

Sam is not the preeminent gay sports media personality... and this guy had Q ratings in spades

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8826 on: June 07, 2021, 08:53:21 PM »

Facts with supported arguments.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: June 07, 2021, 09:26:58 PM »

Funny aside.

If I was all hopped up on pain killers the fact TWO of you barely holding your own is hysterical.

Oh, yeah, man. You're like the black Ben Hur.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: June 07, 2021, 09:29:03 PM »

Larry

I won my college residential area "Risk" competition, but I'm reasonably sure its doesn't make me a a great candidate for Sec of State or 5-Star General.

Your limp rebuttals using your resume to fend off valid arguments are fucking funny as hell and totally irrelevant.

"Jeopardy" that was some very funny shit.

You need to take a nap Larry.

I think fac takes over when Larry naps. That way, their idiocy continues 24/7.

It’s called progress, Ham. Get on board or get dragged under, the progress will progress all the same. I’m simply an enzyme in a cell of progress. It’s happening all around you all the time whether or not you ever decide to tug your head from your pocked an seeping asshole. We do this for you and others like you, my lovely friend, and we do it moreover for ourselves.

Can’t stop. Won’t stop.

Don’t boo, vote.

Keep marching.

Achtung, bitches, achtung.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: June 07, 2021, 09:31:16 PM »

Let’s see if I get this straight.
Biden rolled back Trump policies at the border, calling Trump and the GOP racists for wanting to make it tough for illegal aliens to enter the USA.
Biden and the dems, instead, literally invited them in.
The resulting rush was labeled a “ crisis at the border” that was vigorously denied by Biden who blamed Trump for increases.
Biden tabbed Kammy Harris to take charge of the mess.
75 days later VP Harris makes her first foray south and tells people in Guatemala to stay home, “ you will only be turned away”!
To which the Guatemalan President said “ Say what?  You’ll told them to come! “

Kamala Harris accomplished one thing,though.
She admitted she is a racist

Not a racist but a back pedaler, under the harsh light of reality open borders does not work. Close it up and send the anchor babies and their extended brood back. Help them rebuild their homeland's broken, backward societies with education and preferential trade agreements.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: June 07, 2021, 09:35:34 PM »

You call me a dummy, do you have a Jeopardy!

I'll take "Hyperthymesia" for $600, Alex. Oh, wait---forgot you were dead.

Being able to recall trivia is limited to essentially one kind of intelligence.

There are many people who know all the ins and outs of the game of baseball, but they've never actually played the game.

Rain Man knew what airlines not to fly. Did you want him piloting the plane?

Think about it. Because as far as this conversation on politicking goes, your not well positioned to win the argument.

Speaking of politics, would you like to make comparisons between us based on our experiences or by our ability to learn, file and access information, trivia or otherwise?

Either way your out of your depth.

Oooohhh...fac is not going to like how you used "your"!

It should read, “you’re out of your depth.”

You are out of your depth.

Will you for a minute stop being a total twat-cunt if Larry promises to work on his grammar? Heck, I’ll work on mine as well if you perform the miracle of demonstrating human behavior.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: June 07, 2021, 09:36:19 PM »

B lack

M yths

M atter?

One of the most pernicious myths about police shootings is that officers shoot unarmed black men at an alarming rate, when in fact just 2% of the people who were killed by an officer were unarmed and black.  Since the beginning of 2015, law enforcement officers across the country have actually killed 33 more unarmed white people than unarmed black people.

While it is true that since whites comprise 76.3% of the US population and blacks comprise just 13%, black people are statistically more likely to be shot and killed by law enforcement officers; multiple scientific studies have proven that racial animus is not a factor in this disparity.

The most recent, which was published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in 2019, found “no significant evidence of antiblack disparity in the likelihood of being fatally shot by police,” and instead determined that “race-specific county-level violent crime strongly predicts the race of the civilian shot.”

In other words, it is the violent crime rate of a given race—not race itself—that determines the likelihood a member of that race will be shot and killed by a law enforcement officer.

https://www.maciverinstitute.com/2021/04/the-truth-about-police-shootings-in-america/

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8832 on: June 07, 2021, 09:39:20 PM »

Funny aside.

If I was all hopped up on pain killers the fact TWO of you barely holding your own is hysterical.

Oh, yeah, man. You're like the black Ben Hur.

Go fetch your buddy a beer.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: June 07, 2021, 09:40:13 PM »

:American citizens now, should get first chance at any jobs, including union jobs...before any immigrants either legal or illegal.

I am sure the owners and managers of our baseball teams disagree with you.

And bambu likely watches a bit of the Australian A league on the telly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_A-League_players

That and baseball are sport.
I'm talking about "normal" jobs...eg: retail, factory, office work, construction, hospitality, trades.
Businesses should be made advertise/ search the nation high and low for American citizens to fill vacant jobs before they're allowed to bring workers in from overseas or hire illegals.
Which includes labor hire companies whose workers are from overseas.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8834 on: June 07, 2021, 09:43:14 PM »

B lack

M yths

M atter?

One of the most pernicious myths about police shootings is that officers shoot unarmed black men at an alarming rate, when in fact just 2% of the people who were killed by an officer were unarmed and black.  Since the beginning of 2015, law enforcement officers across the country have actually killed 33 more unarmed white people than unarmed black people.

While it is true that since whites comprise 76.3% of the US population and blacks comprise just 13%, black people are statistically more likely to be shot and killed by law enforcement officers; multiple scientific studies have proven that racial animus is not a factor in this disparity.

The most recent, which was published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in 2019, found “no significant evidence of antiblack disparity in the likelihood of being fatally shot by police,” and instead determined that “race-specific county-level violent crime strongly predicts the race of the civilian shot.”

In other words, it is the violent crime rate of a given race—not race itself—that determines the likelihood a member of that race will be shot and killed by a law enforcement officer.

https://www.maciverinstitute.com/2021/04/the-truth-about-police-shootings-in-america/

Take this Koch Bros bullshit and stuff it up your nose

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 2928