Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758016 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8865 on: June 08, 2021, 10:18:17 AM »

HamSam,

https://jech.bmj.com/content/75/4/394

Abstract

Introduction
Violent encounters with police represent a significant cause of morbidity and mortality in the USA, especially among Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC). This study characterises trends in fatal police shootings overall and by armed status and quantifies inequities in mortality burden and years of life lost (YLL) across racial/ethnic groups.

Methods

Longitudinal study of Washington Post data on fatal police shootings in the USA using generalised linear-mixed models to capture trends with time and relative rates.

Results

This study shows that the rate of fatal police shootings for Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) is constant from 2015 to 2020. Further, BIPOC have significantly higher death rates compared with Whites in the overall victim pool (Native American RR=3.06, Black RR=2.62, Hispanic RR=1.29) and among unarmed victims (Black RR=3.18, Hispanic RR=1.45). Native American (RR=3.95), Black (overall RR=3.29, unarmed RR=3.49) and Hispanic (RR=1.55, unarmed RR=1.55), victims had similarly high rates of YLL relative to Whites.

Conclusion

Fatal police shootings are a public health emergency that contribute to poor health for BIPOC. Urgent attention from health professionals is needed to help drive policy efforts that reduce this unjust burden and move us towards achieving health equity in the US.     

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8866 on: June 08, 2021, 10:25:46 AM »

---New York Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called Vice President Kamala Harris’ comments on immigration "disappointing" on Monday, after Harris said during a press conference that migrants looking to cross the U.S. border should not come---

OK catfight between the looney fringe and the prez, hit in the face with the immigration crisis.
And out of ammo blaming Trump.

Holly Martins

« Reply #8867 on: June 08, 2021, 10:38:49 AM »

Whoa!

Deja vu!

I tend to post before I've looked all down the thread.   Trying to do that less,  save some keystrokes when someone else has already covered the same point.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8868 on: June 08, 2021, 10:45:43 AM »

Whoa!

Deja vu!

I tend to post before I've looked all down the thread.   Trying to do that less,  save some keystrokes when someone else has already covered the same point.

Ditto.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: June 08, 2021, 10:53:07 AM »

I posted a link to the SCOTUS choice to ignore the male only draft issue in a different discussion group about 20 hours ago.

Seven 30-something folks have been batting it around since then, from many different perspectives, with disagreements and conflicts of opinions and backgrounds.

They've been positing together (along with another 100 or so) for nearly 20 years.

There have been no insults. No name-calling. No personal attacks or references by others to the home lives of their fellow posters. No innuendo.

Nor were they always so harmonious - there was plenty of vitriol spilled in the past. They've moved past it.

More than 120 comments exchanged so far.

Is this really beyond us?!

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8870 on: June 08, 2021, 10:54:42 AM »

Whoa!

Deja vu!

Ditto.

I was recalling the last time I told Hammy to fuck off so I was wondering if someone was gonna attempt to goad me into engaging, right Jenna?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8871 on: June 08, 2021, 10:56:06 AM »

Whoa!

Deja vu!

Ditto.

I was recalling the last time I told Hammy to fuck off so I was wondering if someone was gonna attempt to goad me into engaging, right Jenna?

Just say no.

I will try to practice what I preach.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8872 on: June 08, 2021, 11:20:26 AM »

Whoa!

Deja vu!

Ditto.

Just say no.

I will try to practice what I preach.

I refuse to engage with UNO and gave my reasons. I’m gonna practice this from now on.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8873 on: June 08, 2021, 11:45:30 AM »

Law enforcement ahead of criminals - two news stories in two days.

Yesterday we got the news about recovery of the ransomware money from Global Pipelines.

Today, this amazing news!
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/hundreds-arrested-around-world-global-organized-crime-sting-n1269920

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8874 on: June 08, 2021, 11:56:05 AM »

Whoa!

Deja vu!

Me too.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: June 08, 2021, 11:56:22 AM »

Whoa!

Deja vu!

Ditto.
See?
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8876 on: June 08, 2021, 12:02:21 PM »

Law enforcement ahead of criminals - two news stories in two days.

Yesterday we got the news about recovery of the ransomware money from Global Pipelines.

Today, this amazing news!
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/hundreds-arrested-around-world-global-organized-crime-sting-n1269920

This is a BFD!

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: June 08, 2021, 12:06:43 PM »

Just heard some ass crack on MSNBC that had a problem with whiteness on Long Island because she saw a bunch of anti Biden stickers and...wait for it...

American flags.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8879 on: June 08, 2021, 12:28:05 PM »

I posted a link to the SCOTUS choice to ignore the male only draft issue in a different discussion group about 20 hours ago.

Seven 30-something folks have been batting it around since then, from many different perspectives, with disagreements and conflicts of opinions and backgrounds.

They've been positing together (along with another 100 or so) for nearly 20 years.

There have been no insults. No name-calling. No personal attacks or references by others to the home lives of their fellow posters. No innuendo.

Nor were they always so harmonious - there was plenty of vitriol spilled in the past. They've moved past it.

More than 120 comments exchanged so far.

Is this really beyond us?!

So, in other words, they're a bunch of pussies.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 2928