Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758031 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8895 on: June 08, 2021, 02:23:37 PM »

When the shitbirds are just generally preening, I ignore it or give a gentle STFU. When they try to marshal arguments to support their anemic plumage, I find it worth destroying them.

You can destroy their arguments or, more to the point, illustrate the flaws in them for those of us who are not chasing the issues in the same places you are (if at all).

You don't destroy them or even give them pause.

Post the rebuttal information. But the verbal taunting is a waste of time.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: June 08, 2021, 02:40:38 PM »

Vice President Kamala Harris is in Latin America trying to address the issue of migration, and she wants them to create hope and jobs in their home nations. 

President George W. Bush wanted to create jobs in Latin America instead of sending all of the jobs to China. Then, 9/11 happened and the focus all went to the Middle East, and people forgot all about Latin America.

We wanted to create jobs in Latin America 20 years ago instead of sending all of the jobs to China. 

And the people of Latin America are our good Christian allies. 

Biden and Harris are more than welcome to try to address the issue of creating jobs and hope in Latin America. We should have worked on this issue 20 years ago.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8897 on: June 08, 2021, 02:49:20 PM »

Whoa!

Deja vu!

I tend to post before I've looked all down the thread.   Trying to do that less,  save some keystrokes when someone else has already covered the same point.

Ditto.

I was recalling the last time I told Hammy to fuck off so I was wondering if someone was gonna attempt to goad me into engaging, right Jenna?

Just say no.

I will try to practice what I preach.

I refuse to engage with UNO and gave my reasons. I’m gonna practice this from now on.

Intellectually lazy Smart individuals do tend to give up when faced with doing something that isn't easy to do. that experience has shown is fruitless and in vain, like arguing with an intellectually dishonest troll like uno.

Typical.
FIFY.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: June 08, 2021, 03:00:29 PM »

"My hope is that the tides will turn," Obama said of our current political moment. "But that does require each of us to understand that this experiment in democracy is not self-executing. It doesn't happen just automatically."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8899 on: June 08, 2021, 03:17:28 PM »

HamSam,

https://jech.bmj.com/content/75/4/394

Abstract

Introduction
Violent encounters with police represent a significant cause of morbidity and mortality in the USA, especially among Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC). This study characterises trends in fatal police shootings overall and by armed status and quantifies inequities in mortality burden and years of life lost (YLL) across racial/ethnic groups.

Methods

Longitudinal study of Washington Post data on fatal police shootings in the USA using generalised linear-mixed models to capture trends with time and relative rates.

Results

This study shows that the rate of fatal police shootings for Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) is constant from 2015 to 2020. Further, BIPOC have significantly higher death rates compared with Whites in the overall victim pool (Native American RR=3.06, Black RR=2.62, Hispanic RR=1.29) and among unarmed victims (Black RR=3.18, Hispanic RR=1.45). Native American (RR=3.95), Black (overall RR=3.29, unarmed RR=3.49) and Hispanic (RR=1.55, unarmed RR=1.55), victims had similarly high rates of YLL relative to Whites.

Conclusion

Fatal police shootings are a public health emergency that contribute to poor health for BIPOC. Urgent attention from health professionals is needed to help drive policy efforts that reduce this unjust burden and move us towards achieving health equity in the US.     

Wow. I was only shitting on Shartbert’s pitiful offering because though the title refers to fatal police shootings and the data marshaled in the piece refers to fatal police shootings, the weaselly authors’ thesis is that claims that police violence disproportionately effects BIPOC are not true while the only data that got cited as evidence only dealt with the much narrower circumstance of fatal police shootings.

Now it seems not only was the argument false and deceptive, it was also supported by highly questionable data.

You’ve lost the ability to surprise or disappoint, Ham. Go on behaving exactly as expected.

Better yet, get a pet rock you can bully so you’ll have at least one venue where you can score some points.

And so, you think THAT is a rebuttal? I gave you chance to deconstruct the piece, a piece, btw, which I did not endorse, yet you and other twits felt that by posting it, I agreed with it. Nope, I just wanted to see if you clowns could actually make a case.

But...you didn't.

Amusing.

You've never had much ability at all except to toss harmless darts towards the board, the majority of which fall far short of their intended mark, but now you've underscored your deficits.

As for "bullying", all of that behavior on this forum comes from the leftists like yourself, Little Vatican Stevie of AZ, and Larry the Timid, Bartoon, and the rest of the Cabal Of Woke Folk, or COWFolk, as I prefer to call you.

The demonization of anyone who fails to Kowtow to the COWfolk is pretty clear to any casual reader here.

SSDD

Cow-ey on.

And remember, sheep aren't the only animals who get led to slaughter.

Pay attention to me...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: June 08, 2021, 03:31:42 PM »

Just heard some ass crack on MSNBC that had a problem with whiteness on Long Island because she saw a bunch of anti Biden stickers and...wait for it...

American flags.

Guess she doesn't know what the flag really means.
Or maybe kid's recitation of what the unidentified person said is bull shit, distorted by his own bias, or more likely filtered through the views of someone who is deliberately twisting the statement for political purposes. Kiid's comment gives us no context at all.

Go get the transcript or the video, Lime
You haven't even identified the show or the person. Even if i was inclined to check out the Right Wing Faux Outrage de jour, I have no idea what to look for.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: June 08, 2021, 03:33:07 PM »

HamSam,

https://jech.bmj.com/content/75/4/394

Abstract

Introduction
Violent encounters with police represent a significant cause of morbidity and mortality in the USA, especially among Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC). This study characterises trends in fatal police shootings overall and by armed status and quantifies inequities in mortality burden and years of life lost (YLL) across racial/ethnic groups.

Methods

Longitudinal study of Washington Post data on fatal police shootings in the USA using generalised linear-mixed models to capture trends with time and relative rates.

Results

This study shows that the rate of fatal police shootings for Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) is constant from 2015 to 2020. Further, BIPOC have significantly higher death rates compared with Whites in the overall victim pool (Native American RR=3.06, Black RR=2.62, Hispanic RR=1.29) and among unarmed victims (Black RR=3.18, Hispanic RR=1.45). Native American (RR=3.95), Black (overall RR=3.29, unarmed RR=3.49) and Hispanic (RR=1.55, unarmed RR=1.55), victims had similarly high rates of YLL relative to Whites.

Conclusion

Fatal police shootings are a public health emergency that contribute to poor health for BIPOC. Urgent attention from health professionals is needed to help drive policy efforts that reduce this unjust burden and move us towards achieving health equity in the US.     

Wow. I was only shitting on Shartbert’s pitiful offering because though the title refers to fatal police shootings and the data marshaled in the piece refers to fatal police shootings, the weaselly authors’ thesis is that claims that police violence disproportionately effects BIPOC are not true while the only data that got cited as evidence only dealt with the much narrower circumstance of fatal police shootings.

Now it seems not only was the argument false and deceptive, it was also supported by highly questionable data.

You’ve lost the ability to surprise or disappoint, Ham. Go on behaving exactly as expected.

Better yet, get a pet rock you can bully so you’ll have at least one venue where you can score some points.

And so, you think THAT is a rebuttal? I gave you chance to deconstruct the piece, a piece, btw, which I did not endorse, yet you and other twits felt that by posting it, I agreed with it. Nope, I just wanted to see if you clowns could actually make a case.

But...you didn't.

Amusing.

You've never had much ability at all except to toss harmless darts towards the board, the majority of which fall far short of their intended mark, but now you've underscored your deficits.

As for "bullying", all of that behavior on this forum comes from the leftists like yourself, Little Vatican Stevie of AZ, and Larry the Timid, Bartoon, and the rest of the Cabal Of Woke Folk, or COWFolk, as I prefer to call you.

The demonization of anyone who fails to Kowtow to the COWfolk is pretty clear to any casual reader here.

SSDD

Cow-ey on.

And remember, sheep aren't the only animals who get led to slaughter.
Better a cow than a pile of cow shit like you.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: June 08, 2021, 04:01:13 PM »

"It's another case of gun violence in our midst"

- Phil Murphy

https://www.nj.com/essex/2021/06/18-year-old-student-shot-killed-at-maplewood-high-school-athletic-field-identified.html

Hey - fucktard governor - what happened?  Why?  Lets discuss the real problem that would have a youngster try to kill another
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8903 on: June 08, 2021, 04:13:30 PM »

"It's another case of gun violence in our midst"

- Phil Murphy

https://www.nj.com/essex/2021/06/18-year-old-student-shot-killed-at-maplewood-high-school-athletic-field-identified.html

Hey - fucktard governor - what happened?  Why?  Lets discuss the real problem that would have a youngster try to kill another

Let’s discuss the fact if a gun wasn’t readily available the real problem behind their altercation most likely would have ended with the harvesting of hands.

Or maybe the shooter would have pulled his Swiss Army Knife.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: June 08, 2021, 04:16:41 PM »

We have the technology to tie a specific gun to a specific property, with its losing its function if it leaves the house.

Is there a reason not to require it, given the whole "defend my property" argument for assault weapons?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: June 08, 2021, 04:30:14 PM »

When the shitbirds are just generally preening, I ignore it or give a gentle STFU. When they try to marshal arguments to support their anemic plumage, I find it worth destroying them.

You can destroy their arguments or, more to the point, illustrate the flaws in them for those of us who are not chasing the issues in the same places you are (if at all).

You don't destroy them or even give them pause.

Post the rebuttal information. But the verbal taunting is a waste of time.

If the weren’t getting anything out of it, they wouldn’t beg so fervently that I keep it up.

It just might be a Simon and Messina thing.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: June 08, 2021, 04:31:23 PM »

Vice President Kamala Harris is in Latin America trying to address the issue of migration, and she wants them to create hope and jobs in their home nations.

President George W. Bush wanted to create jobs in Latin America instead of sending all of the jobs to China. Then, 9/11 happened and the focus all went to the Middle East, and people forgot all about Latin America.

We wanted to create jobs in Latin America 20 years ago instead of sending all of the jobs to China.

Biden and Harris are more than welcome to try to address the issue of creating jobs and hope in Latin America. We should have worked on this issue 20 years ago.

Salute,

Tony V.

Damn straight, Tony, though I’d have said 40 or 60 years ago.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: June 08, 2021, 04:39:27 PM »

Just heard some ass crack on MSNBC that had a problem with whiteness on Long Island because she saw a bunch of anti Biden stickers and...wait for it...

American flags.

Guess she doesn't know what the flag really means.
Or maybe kid's recitation of what the unidentified person said is bull shit, distorted by his own bias, or more likely filtered through the views of someone who is deliberately twisting the statement for political purposes. Kiid's comment gives us no context at all.

Go get the transcript or the video, Lime
You haven't even identified the show or the person. Even if i was inclined to check out the Right Wing Faux Outrage de jour, I have no idea what to look for.

Kiid’s idea of flirting. Also it’s how he likes to get minors into drugs, a tiny taste to get them a seeking.

A truly twisted soul, our Kiid.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8908 on: June 08, 2021, 04:41:59 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Damn straight, Tony, though I’d have said 40 or 60 years ago.

The USA and CIA shouldn’t have fomented the coup that removed Guatemala’s democratically elected government in 1954.

Everything wrong in Central America today can be laid at the feet of America and the United Fruit Company now known as Chiquita. Hence the term Banana Republic.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: June 08, 2021, 04:45:22 PM »

We have the technology to tie a specific gun to a specific property, with its losing its function if it leaves the house.

Is there a reason not to require it, given the whole "defend my property" argument for assault weapons?

Requiring may be going a bit far. Making insurance for a firearm without that feature 50 or 100 times more expensive than insurance for one with it seems perfectly fair and legal.

Uninsured firearms should and can also be made unlicenseable. Possessing unlicensed firearms should be reclassified as a major felony possibly leading to chemical castrations for repeat offenders along with onerous fines and jail time.
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 2928