Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758315 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8925 on: June 08, 2021, 06:31:38 PM »

We have the technology to tie a specific gun to a specific property, with its losing its function if it leaves the house.

Is there a reason not to require it, given the whole "defend my property" argument for assault weapons?
“Defend my property”is only one reason the second amendment prohibits infringing on the right to own a gun.
You may want to get a clue.

Methinks he is referring specifically to people who state they are buying a gun for home defense only.   If they are being honest,  then an assault-style weapon that stops working off their property shouldn't pose any problem for them.   There's your clue.

Anyone here ever opened a can with an AR 15?

If that's not a real scene in one of the Naked Gun movies,  then it's time for another sequel.   RIP Leslie Nielsen.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: June 08, 2021, 06:44:18 PM »

We have the technology to tie a specific gun to a specific property, with its losing its function if it leaves the house.

Is there a reason not to require it, given the whole "defend my property" argument for assault weapons?
“Defend my property”is only one reason the second amendment prohibits infringing on the right to own a gun.

“Defend my property” isn’t in the Amendment at all. The only qualification or justification giving purpose and strict narrow boundaries to what it covers is a well regulated militia. No piece if you don’t form up to drill once a week. Anything less is clearly not well regulated. We may also have to chip you to monitor that your behavior off-post doesn’t impinge on your readiness or troop morale in any way. Violators need to be decommissioned and thus expelled from the gun club.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: June 08, 2021, 06:49:36 PM »

Infrastructure negotiations between WH and Capito collapse. So now Manchin’s committee the bi -partisan blah blah blah slow walk and water it down to appease GOP who won’t vote for it anyway and in order to pass the bill through reconciliation Manchin will only agree if the bill remains too small.

Duck moderate Dems hiding behind Manchin and Sinema will insist on doing what’s possible and pissing away the high ground AGAIN

GOP Voters in WVA want what Biden’s selling including their Republican billionaire governor

But Joe Manchin is owned by ALEC

Fuck ALEC

When society falls apart and I have to get the vickers oiled up to keep the alabastards off my property, I’ll know who to blame.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: June 08, 2021, 06:52:26 PM »

Methinks he is referring specifically to people who state they are buying a gun for home defense only.   If they are being honest,  then an assault-style weapon that stops working off their property shouldn't pose any problem for them.   There's your clue.
Clue?
To what?
No one has to state a reason for buying a gun. It is your right to own one.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: June 08, 2021, 06:55:35 PM »

http://www.dorfonlaw.org/2021/06/the-absurd-formalism-of-mississippi.html

of the MS Supreme Court, that is.

Their reasoning for tossing a citizen petition to amend their constitution is stupid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: June 08, 2021, 06:56:56 PM »

Anyone here ever opened a can with an AR 15?

If that's not a real scene in one of the Naked Gun movies,  then it's time for another sequel.   RIP Leslie Nielsen.

Only with a levered .44

I don’t like pop tools. Too much plastic.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: June 08, 2021, 06:58:44 PM »

Clue?
To what?
No one has to state a reason for buying a gun. It is your right to own one.

It’s a State’s right to own a well regulated militia.

You are not a State. If you were, no one would call you well regulated.

You have no right to buy a gun.

What’s at debate here is if and how society should extend you the privilege given your blatant penchant toward irresponsibly.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 07:01:27 PM by facilitatorn »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: June 08, 2021, 07:20:19 PM »

http://www.dorfonlaw.org/2021/06/the-absurd-formalism-of-mississippi.html

of the MS Supreme Court, that is.

Their reasoning for tossing a citizen petition to amend their constitution is stupid.
No, but you might qualify for the honor.

The Court basically noted the State Constitution nullified  the ballot initiative when the state has fewer than five Congressional Districts.  The legislature there has been asleep since the 2000 census.
Might be pastime to update the Constitution.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: June 08, 2021, 07:43:59 PM »

Moral: Don't judge America by what happens in movies.

Not America's fault, bad people are everywhere.
Those screens are just another way for the bad people to do evil.
Carrying guns foils them.
....problem is not being able to carry guns on planes, so then not into cabs/ride shares.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: June 08, 2021, 07:48:26 PM »

In the movie Bone Collector (Denzel)...a husband and wife who hailed a cab at the airport are trapped in the back seat with doors locked and the screen locked...driver taking them thru the city not to 5th Ave as directed.
Husband found murdered, wife kidnapped and being tortured.
Moral...always carry several guns if you live in America.
Can't carry guns on a plane?
Always fly in daylight when you can rent a car, or take the bus.

It's a movie,  genius.   

True, but no way I'd ever be getting into one in America without carrying guns.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: June 08, 2021, 08:39:22 PM »

A great U.S. Senator mocks the single shittiest one currently serving

http://youtu.be/QaClrvN0NnA

The one doing the bit needs 50 years on the Supreme Court.

The one getting bit simply needs to fuck off.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: June 08, 2021, 08:40:21 PM »

In the movie Bone Collector (Denzel)...a husband and wife who hailed a cab at the airport are trapped in the back seat with doors locked and the screen locked...driver taking them thru the city not to 5th Ave as directed.
Husband found murdered, wife kidnapped and being tortured.
Moral...always carry several guns if you live in America.
Can't carry guns on a plane?
Always fly in daylight when you can rent a car, or take the bus.

It's a movie,  genius.   

True, but no way I'd ever be getting into one in America without carrying guns.

We prefer you don’t come here at all.

Feel free to send the missus

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: June 08, 2021, 09:00:14 PM »

We're having our American legs pulled.   I was nearly convinced by the  Bambu character  until the bit about carrying guns on a plane.   And the reference to The Bone Collector,  a film generally recognized as utterly preposterous. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8938 on: June 08, 2021, 10:38:15 PM »

Motherfucking Moderate Democrats
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: June 08, 2021, 10:46:35 PM »

We're having our American legs pulled.   I was nearly convinced by the  Bambu character  until the bit about carrying guns on a plane.   And the reference to The Bone Collector,  a film generally recognized as utterly preposterous.
I am sometimes convinced bambu is latest emenation of a brilliant if shadowy old NYT books forum regular,.first spotted as p.dale ("peed ale"), a dense but pedantic lit prof, he later entered and reentered the forum in numerous guises, including the widow of a poet and minor diplomat living in Japan. In less guarded moments he claimed to be a Marxist ex pat Aussie prof working in Northern Italy. His post about having a rope swing over the Yarra River as a 13 year old, looking up at the moon while pondering some arcane post modern literary theory was the funniest thing I ever read on the NYT forums, outside of the things I wrote personally. He.wqs.the 10 smartest people I ever met on those forums.

But alas, I suspect bambu is merely stupid at a world historical level.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 2928