Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758277 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8941 on: June 08, 2021, 11:21:41 PM »

Meidas Touch tried to buy a $184k+ ad on Fox News.

Fox turned it down.

What did they turn down? Capitol Police talking about their experiences.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1401558459955388419
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: June 08, 2021, 11:47:51 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/08/1004472519/justice-department-says-it-will-now-require-federal-officers-to-wear-body-camera

Better late than never.
Late?

The Federal government banned use of body cameras by their LEOs until last year. They had also banned the use of them by other agencies engaged in joint operations. The latter rule changed first.

Late.

First widely used in the US in 2014.

Introduced in the UK in 2005.

Late.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: June 09, 2021, 12:40:00 AM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: June 09, 2021, 01:26:34 AM »

Meidas Touch tried to buy a $184k+ ad on Fox News.

Fox turned it down.

What did they turn down? Capitol Police talking about their experiences.

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1401558459955388419

Real news on that channel would upset their tweaky viewership and destroy the company’s brand. Fox is allergic to news the way Oz witches are allergic to water.

It would be like Goebbels admitting the master race was getting its pasty ass kicked by some mutts from across the Atlantic and the fucking proletariat.

It will only happen once at the very very end. We’re not quite there yet.

Keep marching.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: June 09, 2021, 01:28:39 AM »

We're having our American legs pulled.   I was nearly convinced by the  Bambu character  until the bit about carrying guns on a plane.   And the reference to The Bone Collector,  a film generally recognized as utterly preposterous.
I am sometimes convinced bambu is latest emenation of a brilliant if shadowy old NYT books forum regular,.first spotted as p.dale ("peed ale"), a dense but pedantic lit prof, he later entered and reentered the forum in numerous guises, including the widow of a poet and minor diplomat living in Japan. In less guarded moments he claimed to be a Marxist ex pat Aussie prof working in Northern Italy. His post about having a rope swing over the Yarra River as a 13 year old, looking up at the moon while pondering some arcane post modern literary theory was the funniest thing I ever read on the NYT forums, outside of the things I wrote personally. He.wqs.the 10 smartest people I ever met on those forums.

But alas, I suspect bambu is merely stupid at a world historical level.

Bambu is as Bambu does.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: June 09, 2021, 01:35:33 AM »

If Trump had done something to prevent Russian cyber attacks that happened on his watch instead of rolling over to expose more of his ass, we wouldn’t still be having them now.

Shitty republicans always fail. They just fail the voters before their crimes catch up with them and they find they have ultimately failed themselves.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: June 09, 2021, 02:16:36 AM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/dyv3ak/we-all-have-vaccine-proof-why-arent-any-bars-or-restaurants-requiring-it

Unfortunately, it’s not just Bambu.

The only large event I’m signed up for absolutely and strictly requires vaccination for all staff and patrons without exception. I’m so looking forward to it for a whole host of reasons.

Other than that, vaccinated as I am, I’m not changing much of anything in my pandemic conscious behavior.

This shit ain’t over children.

Achtung.

And to the self-rapturing, don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: June 09, 2021, 03:23:07 AM »

http://youtu.be/etSd4nE0xnE

Big Joe needs to put little joe in a choke collar and walk him where he needs to go.

Little joe is feeling like a big dog for shitting all over the lawn and biting the staff.

Establish dominance, Big Joe, before little joe gets bitchy enough to pull the whole house down and feed it to the trumpified rats pretending to play at politics but really acting as pestilential vermin of the worst kind.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: June 09, 2021, 03:34:54 AM »

We're having our American legs pulled.   I was nearly convinced by the  Bambu character  until the bit about carrying guns on a plane.   And the reference to The Bone Collector,  a film generally recognized as utterly preposterous.

You can't carry guns on a plane as an ordinary passenger?
Or can you in checked luggage including bullets, then carry your guns on your person as soon as you clear the terminal building?
I'm totally serious...never would I travel in a screened cab/ride share without guns...having watched that movie.
In my world no guns can be carried around on your person, but cabs/ride share don't have screens .

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: June 09, 2021, 03:39:34 AM »

http://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/all

You’ll have to make separate arrangements for your plasma cutter as well I’m afraid.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: June 09, 2021, 03:40:07 AM »

I am sometimes convinced bambu is latest emenation of a brilliant if shadowy old NYT books forum regular,.first spotted as p.dale ("peed ale"), a dense but pedantic lit prof, he later entered and reentered the forum in numerous guises, including the widow of a poet and minor diplomat living in Japan. In less guarded moments he claimed to be a Marxist ex pat Aussie prof working in Northern Italy. His post about having a rope swing over the Yarra River as a 13 year old, looking up at the moon while pondering some arcane post modern literary theory was the funniest thing I ever read on the NYT forums, outside of the things I wrote personally. He.wqs.the 10 smartest people I ever met on those forums.

But alas, I suspect bambu is merely stupid at a world historical level.

Prof bambu?
lol
bambu failed high school ( "the only crooked branch upon the good old family tree" as the song goes.)
Nearly got 50% in all the subjects, but just missed.
Actually he passed high school exams at age 15, after 3 years of HS and obtained an Intermediate Certicate, a 70% student, which entitled him to leave school and seek employment, trade apprenticeship.
Instead, bambu was loaded up with "rocket science" subjects for 2 more years of HS study to get a higher Certicate and qualify to go to university.
2 yrs turned into 3, as he had to repeat a year...as the study was far beyond his scholastic capability.
So of course fail he did.
Maths 1
Maths 11
Physics
Chemisty
Woodwork
Metalwork
Latin
French
Modern History
Ancient history
English
Science
...something like that.
Having been shipped off to "finishing school" every Sat for 12 months, by the time he left school at age 18 he was a
well-mannered, well-spoken, well-groomed, well-dressed,  polite, modest, caring and sharing "gentleman"...set up perfectly to be eaten alive in the workplace.
He did attend Sydney University...for 3 weeks at age 19...to assist new students set up bank accounts at the university.

Books forum old NYT forums?
Nah, fashion forum...showing the misguided members where they were going wrong thinking they were better than stay at home moms with brown bob haircuts and plastic purses.

Middle East forum...when the Hamas leader in the wheelchair was turned into swiss cheese while on his way to prayer building.
Immigration forum.
Race Relations forum.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 04:27:21 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: June 09, 2021, 03:44:09 AM »

You’ll have to check your tomahawk also, but unlike the firearms your country is wise enough to keep from your grubby twitchy fingers, there are no special instructions for how you have to pack it in your checked luggage.

Capeesh, kemosabe?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: June 09, 2021, 04:10:08 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 2928