Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758300 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8955 on: June 09, 2021, 04:12:53 AM »

We're having our American legs pulled.   I was nearly convinced by the  Bambu character  until the bit about carrying guns on a plane.   And the reference to The Bone Collector,  a film generally recognized as utterly preposterous.
I am sometimes convinced bambu is latest emenation of a brilliant if shadowy old NYT books forum regular,.first spotted as p.dale ("peed ale"), a dense but pedantic lit prof, he later entered and reentered the forum in numerous guises, including the widow of a poet and minor diplomat living in Japan. In less guarded moments he claimed to be a Marxist ex pat Aussie prof working in Northern Italy. His post about having a rope swing over the Yarra River as a 13 year old, looking up at the moon while pondering some arcane post modern literary theory was the funniest thing I ever read on the NYT forums, outside of the things I wrote personally. He.wqs.the 10 smartest people I ever met on those forums.

But alas, I suspect bambu is merely stupid at a world historical level.

He’s a funny little algorithm in a morbidly disgusting way. No one’s finest work so no one takes ownership of Bambu who is nothing at all to be proud of.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: June 09, 2021, 04:37:26 AM »

Just heard some ass crack on MSNBC that had a problem with whiteness on Long Island because she saw a bunch of anti Biden stickers and...wait for it...

American flags.

Of course.
It's the new world in which we live....where:
Being anti-Biden is a "crime".
Being anti-Left, pro-Right, is a "crime".
Being White is a sin.

Fly the nation's flag   "how dare you!"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 05:24:14 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: June 09, 2021, 04:50:06 AM »

We're having our American legs pulled.   I was nearly convinced by the  Bambu character  until the bit about carrying guns on a plane.   And the reference to The Bone Collector,  a film generally recognized as utterly preposterous.
I am sometimes convinced bambu is latest emenation of a brilliant if shadowy old NYT books forum regular,.first spotted as p.dale ("peed ale"), a dense but pedantic lit prof, he later entered and reentered the forum in numerous guises, including the widow of a poet and minor diplomat living in Japan. In less guarded moments he claimed to be a Marxist ex pat Aussie prof working in Northern Italy. His post about having a rope swing over the Yarra River as a 13 year old, looking up at the moon while pondering some arcane post modern literary theory was the funniest thing I ever read on the NYT forums, outside of the things I wrote personally. He.wqs.the 10 smartest people I ever met on those forums.

But alas, I suspect bambu is merely stupid at a world historical level.

He’s a funny little algorithm in a morbidly disgusting way. No one’s finest work so no one takes ownership of Bambu who is nothing at all to be proud of.

"bambu" = didgeridoo (Warray Tribe, Northern Territory)

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: June 09, 2021, 05:22:04 AM »

You do drone on.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: June 09, 2021, 05:41:05 AM »

You do drone on.

Drones are great...the van lifers send them up and take magnificent videos of nature.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8960 on: June 09, 2021, 07:21:25 AM »

Just heard some ass crack on MSNBC that had a problem with whiteness on Long Island because she saw a bunch of anti Biden stickers and...wait for it...

American flags.

I agree with her.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #8961 on: June 09, 2021, 09:36:10 AM »

Though we still have no idea what she actually said.  No link, no name.   

Sorry I missed Peed Ale.   Wonder if those forae are archived somewhere.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: June 09, 2021, 10:06:49 AM »

If they are archived anywhere, it would be with the NYT itself - the Wayback Machine doesn't have them.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8963 on: June 09, 2021, 10:29:01 AM »

NYTimes reporter Mara Gay stated she felt intimidated on Long Island by the pickup trucks festooned with Trump stickers and flying American flags.

Conservative media is losing its collective mind. The whole America love it or leave it vibe. Twitter ablaze with Race Card accusations and shit.

I personally agree with her. I grew up on Long Island and I KNOW IT IS A PIT OF RACIST MOTHERFUCKERS.

No lies spoken.

When I see  trump sticker on a truck here in DMV I can imagine the motherfucker behind the wheel hates me sight unseen.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #8964 on: June 09, 2021, 10:40:04 AM »

Ah,  context!   Thank you!   Yes,  same here,  flags mounted on pickup trucks indicate white redneck pride and willingness to spit on anyone not in the club.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8965 on: June 09, 2021, 10:49:03 AM »

Here a little more context of her remarks

“New York Times editorial board member Mara Gay’s comments on MSNBC have been irresponsibly taken out of context. Her argument was that Trump and many of his supporters have politicized the American flag. The attacks on her today are ill-informed and grounded in bad-faith,” the publication wrote.

https://news.yahoo.com/nyt-mara-gay-anti-american-014503016.htmlz

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: June 09, 2021, 11:02:26 AM »

Quackery reaches a new level of unattractive:
https://www.wkbn.com/news/ohio/ohio-doctor-tells-lawmakers-covid-19-vaccine-can-leave-people-magnetized-interfaced-with-5g-towers

And the doctor is still licensed to practice medicine.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: June 09, 2021, 12:07:11 PM »

If they are archived anywhere, it would be with the NYT itself - the Wayback Machine doesn't have them.
Actually, one of the posters from the old Meander Where You May forum in books archived.everything there 1hen the NYT changed their forums and this one was born. But that was years ago, so lord only knows if Teddy still has them.  bosox might know, he was in touch with her.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8969 on: June 09, 2021, 12:08:32 PM »

Quackery reaches a new level of unattractive:
https://www.wkbn.com/news/ohio/ohio-doctor-tells-lawmakers-covid-19-vaccine-can-leave-people-magnetized-interfaced-with-5g-towers

And the doctor is still licensed to practice medicine.

And then are nurses in Texas...

In April, Houston Methodist president and CEO Dr. Marc Boom informed employees by email that they must receive at least the first dose of the emergency authorized vaccine by June 7 or they would face termination.

Hospital management later specified that employees not vaccinated by the deadline would be placed on a fourteen-day suspension without pay and then terminated. Workers were told they could apply for an exemption for pregnancy or “religious” exceptions.

https://thetexan.news/houston-hospital-nurses-stage-walkout-over-vaccine-mandate/

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 2928