Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758074 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #8985 on: June 09, 2021, 02:14:29 PM »

Yep - this is what it has come to, Bambu.  Hard to believe, right?

I don't live there, but it comes as no surprise to me.
What happened at Charlottesville gave a clue as to what's going on today, but obviously nobody much took any notice.
It was shown on tv that some people were allowed to vote 3 times in the election.
That is enough for some people to call "foul" on the election.
Maybe they'll fix the election process for next time.
Mexican flags flying everywhere Cinco de Mayo...with American flag shirts basically banned in schools.
"Immigration Reform"...it's quite clear what that actually means.

Your TV is treating you like a mushroom by keeping you in the dark and feeding you bullshit.

Nah, Sky News tv covers what's happening in America and the world in great detail, every night and day.
6 hrs a night.
Every minute detail, from transgender in sport, to race riots, to VP Harris' speech.
No 1 radio host is on every night at 8pm.
Andrew Bolt at 7pm before him, and Peta Credlin at 6pm before him.

Mushroom.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: June 09, 2021, 02:20:13 PM »

”Although the meaning of the flag is up for grabs depending on one's political slant, it appears that the right has adopted it as part of the "Make America Great Again" ethos. This is reminiscent of the "America, Love It or Leave It" bumper stickers one would see in the late 1960s as a reaction to the countercultural movement (and especially to the protesting of the Vietnam War). Today this kind of nationalistic use of the flag seems to be a response to multiculturalism and globalism.

From this perspective, it can be understood how the flag can be seen as representative of white (and male) power. Until relatively recently, not only were white men dominant in virtually all aspects of everyday life in this country, but many took active steps to repress potential threats to their power. The flag can therefore serve as a reminder of how the nation has fallen well short of its noble ideals”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/psychology-yesterday/202007/is-the-american-flag-symbol-racism

Yes, and it my world it started about 2008 with the passing of laws in the Victoria state parliament allowing for discrimination against White males.
The newspaper article starting:
""Discrimination against White males will soon be encouraged in a bid to boost the status of women and cultural and religious minorities".
Clear as crystal.
No Harvard degree or Mensa club membership needed for this one either.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: June 09, 2021, 02:28:55 PM »

Vatican News 

18 minutes  · 

Pope Francis has sent a video message to members of the John 17 Movement, an ecumenical initiative that helps build communion of friendship and love among Christian Churches towards unity.

----------------

We need to help all people, but we especially need to help other Christians.

And right now there are a lot of people in the USA who need help, we have homeless people everywhere who need help. And as all of the jobs have went to China, we need for people to create new jobs for the jobs which were lost, and we need to have good fair trade rules with China and others. Times are hard right now in the USA, it is the worst I have ever seen it, it is like the Great Depression. We need to help people, and people need to bring the jobs back to the USA.

Also, as everything opens back up, if people want to put together groups to raise money to feed the hungry, people can form teams to sell beer and hot dogs at sporting events, and at concerts, etc. A friend and his group sold hot dogs and beer at sporting events and concerts and they raised over one million dollars for charity to feed hungry people.

Matthew 25, 31-46 tells us to help the poor, and to help the homeless, and to feed the hungry, etc, you cannot do that if you are poor and homeless. You need to have money and you need to be successful to help the homeless. Christians need to learn how to do honest business, and they need to learn how to make money so that they can help the poor people. And as the poor people rise then they too can help others to rise.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2025%3A31-46&version=NRSV;NIV

And Proverbs 31 talks about the qualities of a good wife. God wants the women to study and to learn how to do business, so that they can help to take care of the family. 

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%2031%3A10-31&version=ICB

God wants Christians to have money and to understand business so that Christians can help the poor and the needy. You cannot help anyone if you are out there on the streets homeless. You cannot give from an empty cup, your cup has to be over-flowing so that you can help others. 

Of note too, the Catholic Church should have a bank which gives business loans to poor people so that they can be farmers, etc, and as they rise they can help other people. 

God wants us to have money, and God wants us to be generous and he wants us to help other people. 

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: June 09, 2021, 02:46:29 PM »

God wants us to have money, and God wants us to be generous and he wants us to help other people.

If there is a God that is equivalent to the Jewish deity or the Christian deity (and they are clearly not the same deity), they want us to be generous and to help other people.

But neither of them gives a fuck about money.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: June 09, 2021, 03:04:23 PM »

If there is a God that is equivalent to the Jewish deity or the Christian deity (and they are clearly not the same deity), they want us to be generous and to help other people.

But neither of them gives a fuck about money.

Sol and Levi were walking past a Catholic Church with a sign out front that read,
Convert Today and Recieve $1000!
Sol turns to Levi and says, “wait here I’m going inside to ask a few Questions”.
An hour Later Sol comes out and tells Levi he has converted to Catholicism.
Levi asks, “ Did you get a thousand bucks?”

Sol replies, “ Is that all you people think about?”

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: June 09, 2021, 03:08:36 PM »

Vatican News

18 minutes  ·

Pope Francis has sent a video message to members of the John 17 Movement, an ecumenical initiative that helps build communion of friendship and love among Christian Churches towards unity.

----------------

And right now there are a lot of people in the USA who need help, we have homeless people everywhere who need help. And as all of the jobs have went to China, we need for people to create new jobs for the jobs which were lost, and we need to have good fair trade rules with China and others. Times are hard right now in the USA, it is the worst I have ever seen it, it is like the Great Depression. We need to help people, and people need to bring the jobs back to the USA.

Also, as everything opens back up, if people want to put together groups to raise money to feed the hungry, people can form teams to sell beer and hot dogs at sporting events, and at concerts, etc. A friend and his group sold hot dogs and beer at sporting events and concerts and they raised over one million dollars for charity to feed hungry people.

Matthew 25, 31-46 tells us to help the poor, and to help the homeless, and to feed the hungry, etc, you cannot do that if you are poor and homeless. You need to have money and you need to be successful to help the homeless. Christians need to learn how to do honest business, and they need to learn how to make money so that they can help the poor people. And as the poor people rise then they too can help others to rise.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2025%3A31-46&version=NRSV;NIV

And Proverbs 31 talks about the qualities of a good wife. God wants the women to study and to learn how to do business, so that they can help to take care of the family.

God wants Christians to have money and to understand business so that Christians can help the poor and the needy. You cannot help anyone if you are out there on the streets homeless. You cannot give from an empty cup, your cup has to be over-flowing so that you can help others.

Of note too, the Catholic Church should have a bank which gives business loans to poor people so that they can be farmers, etc, and as they rise they can help other people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Seems this Pope, and the Vatican, have had an enlightenment...because not that long ago this was released by some of their predecessors:
"If it isn't Roman Catholic then it's not a proper church"  - Pope tells Christians...was the newspaper headline.
The word "defective" was used in the statement.
...meaning my church with Her Majesty the Queen as its Head is defective, and thereby I am a defect.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 03:32:45 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: June 09, 2021, 03:28:10 PM »

Yep - this is what it has come to, Bambu.  Hard to believe, right?

I don't live there, but it comes as no surprise to me.
What happened at Charlottesville gave a clue as to what's going on today, but obviously nobody much took any notice.
It was shown on tv that some people were allowed to vote 3 times in the election.
That is enough for some people to call "foul" on the election.
Maybe they'll fix the election process for next time.
Mexican flags flying everywhere Cinco de Mayo...with American flag shirts basically banned in schools.
"Immigration Reform"...it's quite clear what that actually means.

Yeah - have to wonder what would have happened (would happen) had a white high school graduate draped him(her/their)self in the American flag on their big day as they received their honor.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: June 09, 2021, 03:31:55 PM »

American patriots have black and brown too, LB.  Many even own flags.

I’m a patriot. My dad’s flag is on my mantle. I fly my flag in front of my house.

But I’m not naive.

Ive never forgotten this, have you?

Why do you paint the many with acts of the few?  Isnt that what you ask us not to do?

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: June 09, 2021, 03:37:43 PM »

No.   You need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.   There are no facts,  of the kind that hold up in court, to show people voting three times.   Aside from a couple cases of Trump voters filling out a dead relative's ballot (and being caught), and that's a couple cases out of tens of millions.   And it's impossible,  due to various security measures, to duplicate votes under your own name.   If you have evidence to the contrary,  post it or STFU. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: June 09, 2021, 03:43:22 PM »

Vatican News

18 minutes  ·

----------------

Salute,

Tony V.

Fair trade rules with China?
Good luck with that.

"Buy American, buy your kids a job" was a slogan once...now there's not much American to buy.
As you stated, that must change.
The American jobs that were exported to China, India, Philipinnes etc must be brought back.
Also, foreign workers being brought in as cheap labor, who take American jobs, should be stopped.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 03:45:51 PM by bambu. »

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: June 09, 2021, 03:45:03 PM »

BTW ---- Could we unban Banks in a couple days?   If not moving on from an old dispute and repeated personal attack was the grounds,  then why wasn't there a group ban for Banks,  Larry,  and Ham?

Reposting this.   I cannot see Banks as the only culpable party here,  in recent brawls.

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: June 09, 2021, 04:16:09 PM »

No.   You need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.   There are no facts,  of the kind that hold up in court, to show people voting three times.   Aside from a couple cases of Trump voters filling out a dead relative's ballot (and being caught), and that's a couple cases out of tens of millions.   And it's impossible,  due to various security measures, to duplicate votes under your own name.   If you have evidence to the contrary,  post it or STFU.

It was shown on tv that some people voted multiple times...like it or not.
That would have been enough for some people to start saying the election was corrupted....in my opinion.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8997 on: June 09, 2021, 04:21:06 PM »

American patriots have black and brown too, LB.  Many even own flags.

I’m a patriot. My dad’s flag is on my mantle. I fly my flag in front of my house.

But I’m not naive.

Ive never forgotten this, have you?

Why do you paint the many with acts of the few?  Isnt that what you ask us not to do?

71 million voted for Trump after he half million people die and in the process wrecked the economy.

Who attacked the Capitol?

I calks them as I sees them.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: June 09, 2021, 04:24:42 PM »

It was shown on tv that some people voted multiple times...like it or not.
That would have been enough for some people to start saying the election was corrupted....in my opinion.

Don't bring that rational thinking in here!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #8999 on: June 09, 2021, 04:31:04 PM »

BTW ---- Could we unban Banks in a couple days?   If not moving on from an old dispute and repeated personal attack was the grounds,  then why wasn't there a group ban for Banks,  Larry,  and Ham?

Reposting this.   I cannot see Banks as the only culpable party here,  in recent brawls.

I’m not even gonna ask why you have any nickels in that quarter.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 2928