Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758085 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9000 on: June 09, 2021, 04:33:23 PM »

OC misses his boo
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: June 09, 2021, 04:34:33 PM »

God wants us to have money, and God wants us to be generous and he wants us to help other people.

If there is a God that is equivalent to the Jewish deity or the Christian deity (and they are clearly not the same deity), they want us to be generous and to help other people.

But neither of them gives a fuck about money.
As far as I know the New Testament there are three precepts that deal with money or wealth: if you are rich you are going to Hell, pay your taxes, and from each according to their ability to each according to their need. Not sure where God wants us to have money comes from.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: June 09, 2021, 04:38:11 PM »

Vatican News

18 minutes  ·

Pope Francis has sent a video message to members of the John 17 Movement, an ecumenical initiative that helps build communion of friendship and love among Christian Churches towards unity.

----------------

We need to help all people, but we especially need to help other Christians.

And right now there are a lot of people in the USA who need help, we have homeless people everywhere who need help. And as all of the jobs have went to China, we need for people to create new jobs for the jobs which were lost, and we need to have good fair trade rules with China and others. Times are hard right now in the USA, it is the worst I have ever seen it, it is like the Great Depression. We need to help people, and people need to bring the jobs back to the USA.

Also, as everything opens back up, if people want to put together groups to raise money to feed the hungry, people can form teams to sell beer and hot dogs at sporting events, and at concerts, etc. A friend and his group sold hot dogs and beer at sporting events and concerts and they raised over one million dollars for charity to feed hungry people.

Matthew 25, 31-46 tells us to help the poor, and to help the homeless, and to feed the hungry, etc, you cannot do that if you are poor and homeless. You need to have money and you need to be successful to help the homeless. Christians need to learn how to do honest business, and they need to learn how to make money so that they can help the poor people. And as the poor people rise then they too can help others to rise.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2025%3A31-46&version=NRSV;NIV

And Proverbs 31 talks about the qualities of a good wife. God wants the women to study and to learn how to do business, so that they can help to take care of the family.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%2031%3A10-31&version=ICB

God wants Christians to have money and to understand business so that Christians can help the poor and the needy. You cannot help anyone if you are out there on the streets homeless. You cannot give from an empty cup, your cup has to be over-flowing so that you can help others.

Of note too, the Catholic Church should have a bank which gives business loans to poor people so that they can be farmers, etc, and as they rise they can help other people.

God wants us to have money, and God wants us to be generous and he wants us to help other people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Seems this Pope, and the Vatican, have had an enlightenment...because not that long ago this was released by some of their predecessors:
"If it isn't Roman Catholic then it's not a proper church"  - Pope tells Christians...was the newspaper headline.
The word "defective" was used in the statement.
...meaning my church with Her Majesty the Queen as its Head is defective, and thereby I am a defect.
You should really check out the history of your faith. Who do you think that wizened old bitch is the defender of the faith against?
A parrot bit me.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: June 09, 2021, 05:12:42 PM »

It was shown on tv that some people were allowed to vote 3 times in the election.

No.   You need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.   There are no facts,  of the kind that hold up in court, to show people voting three times.   Aside from a couple cases of Trump voters filling out a dead relative's ballot (and being caught), and that's a couple cases out of tens of millions.   And it's impossible,  due to various security measures, to duplicate votes under your own name.   If you have evidence to the contrary,  post it or STFU.

It was shown on tv that some people voted multiple times...like it or not.
That would have been enough for some people to start saying the election was corrupted....in my opinion.

Don't bring that rational thinking in here!

How is "it was shown on tv" a rational show of evidence?   Post evidence from a reputable source,  like a FEC or FBI or similar, or STFU.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: June 09, 2021, 05:14:01 PM »

BTW ---- Could we unban Banks in a couple days?   If not moving on from an old dispute and repeated personal attack was the grounds,  then why wasn't there a group ban for Banks,  Larry,  and Ham?

Reposting this.   I cannot see Banks as the only culpable party here,  in recent brawls.

I’m not even gonna ask why you have any nickels in that quarter.

People egg each other on.   Ban the people who are flaming or ban no one.   I'm no fan of Banks,  just of fair play. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Holly Martins

« Reply #9005 on: June 09, 2021, 05:19:20 PM »

It was shown on tv that some people were allowed to vote 3 times in the election.

No.   You need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.   There are no facts,  of the kind that hold up in court, to show people voting three times.   Aside from a couple cases of Trump voters filling out a dead relative's ballot (and being caught), and that's a couple cases out of tens of millions.   And it's impossible,  due to various security measures, to duplicate votes under your own name.   If you have evidence to the contrary,  post it or STFU.

It was shown on tv that some people voted multiple times...like it or not.
That would have been enough for some people to start saying the election was corrupted....in my opinion.

Don't bring that rational thinking in here!

How is "it was shown on tv" a rational show of evidence?   Post evidence from a reputable source,  like a FEC or FBI or similar, or STFU.

A rational thinker might want to ask:  did people vote three times and if so was it counted three times.   That would really be the nitty gritty.   But,  first,  evidence.   Post your source,  or the source some tv talking head used.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9006 on: June 09, 2021, 05:24:49 PM »

BTW ---- Could we unban Banks in a couple days?   If not moving on from an old dispute and repeated personal attack was the grounds,  then why wasn't there a group ban for Banks,  Larry,  and Ham?

Reposting this.   I cannot see Banks as the only culpable party here,  in recent brawls.

I’m not even gonna ask why you have any nickels in that quarter.

People egg each other on.   Ban the people who are flaming or ban no one.   I'm no fan of Banks,  just of fair play.

Without going all “poor me” I will assert that I’m the one getting flamed on any and every subject.

Banks and UNO take turns tag teaming me. I can’t help they have such an obsessive need to prove I am “less than” whatever.

If you want “fair play” Why are you lumping the flamers and the flamee in the same camp?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9007 on: June 09, 2021, 05:47:28 PM »

Sound familiar?

Good policy is winning politics

“Biden’s bold approach today reflects an understanding that, had we been able to move bolder and earlier — for instance, passing health-care reform in the summer of 2009 with a Medicare buy-in and cheaper prescription drugs — we would have won over more moderates than by taking the perceived “moderate” path that enabled corporate-captured senators to waste time and water down reforms.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/manchin-perriello-aca-voting-rights/2021/06/09/1696fcb6-c8a8-11eb-afd0-9726f7ec0ba6_story.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: June 09, 2021, 06:09:17 PM »

"No, we find that the rousting of folks from Lafayette Park was independent of Trump's walk there.

"No, we didn't interview whole bunches of people, but we are sure we are right.

"Yes, even for what the rousting was for, it was grossly mishandled."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/09/politics/park-police-lafayette-square-protesters-donald-trump-bible/index.html

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: June 09, 2021, 06:09:37 PM »

So now Sleepy Joe rips an old page from the Obama/Biden playbook:
Get the IRS involved!
It worked against the GOP on silencing non profits. 
Now leaking Tax forms of the ultra rich show Americans the rich” don’t pay their fair share”,
Except the premise is full of holes and voters are not stupid. 
There is a difference between Wealth and Income.
Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders may conflate the two, along with Schumer and the elitist democrats.
Most of the rest of us don’t.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: June 09, 2021, 06:29:39 PM »

Americans need to remember that ALL men are created equal, and we all have the same rights.

In prison they divide the prisoners up by race, and they fight the prison gangs against each other to retain control of the prison. We must not let ourselves be treated like prison gangs in prison.

Senator Rosen of Nevada is starting a new caucus for the Jews and the Blacks, to improve relations between the Jews and the Blacks. I think we are all equal, and we need to improve relations with EVERYONE regardless of race, we need to help all of the homeless people regardless of race, we need to feed the hungry people regardless of race.

I wrote on Senator Rosen's page that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.

We are not prison gangs in prison, and we must not let them divide us up and fight us among ourselves.

And for me, I want to be in a community with the artists, and thinkers, and with the good people who work to help other people and who work to make the world a better place, the color of their skin or the church they attend does not matter.

I loved living in Malibu with the movie stars, that is my kind of community, and I was as happy to see Whoopi Goldberg as I was to see James Garner, it is not about race. I want to live with the artists and thinkers.

In Rome I would like to have an office at Cinecitta where they make movies, and I want to work with the artists. I will have a night club with live music where the music students can get a chance to play in front of an audience, etc. And at my winery I will drink wine with great people and we will try to help to solve the problems of the world.

I want to be with the artists, and with the thinkers, and with the dreamers.

And as an American in America we are all created equal, and we all have unalienable rights.

I would not go into a community and just help people based on their race, I would go in and help all people. When I cooked for the homeless I fed all people regardless of race. We are all equal.

We need to stop people from dividing people up and fighting people among themselves like they do in prison with prison gangs.

And of note too, we need to build more colleges, and fewer prisons.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 06:32:07 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9013 on: June 09, 2021, 06:38:27 PM »

B lack

M yths

M atter?

One of the most pernicious myths about police shootings is that officers shoot unarmed black men at an alarming rate, when in fact just 2% of the people who were killed by an officer were unarmed and black.  Since the beginning of 2015, law enforcement officers across the country have actually killed 33 more unarmed white people than unarmed black people.

While it is true that since whites comprise 76.3% of the US population and blacks comprise just 13%, black people are statistically more likely to be shot and killed by law enforcement officers; multiple scientific studies have proven that racial animus is not a factor in this disparity.

The most recent, which was published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in 2019, found “no significant evidence of antiblack disparity in the likelihood of being fatally shot by police,” and instead determined that “race-specific county-level violent crime strongly predicts the race of the civilian shot.”

In other words, it is the violent crime rate of a given race—not race itself—that determines the likelihood a member of that race will be shot and killed by a law enforcement officer.

https://www.maciverinstitute.com/2021/04/the-truth-about-police-shootings-in-america/

I’ve got to go stab some bitches, but I’ll break down the bullshit in this piece for you when I get back.

Be a dear and don’t chew up the furniture too much while I’m away.

Enjoy the soft bigotry of my low expectations where you are concerned.

A promise is a promise, so here is a nice tidbit for your continuing education

Most racially motivated police violence, violence against minorities however justified to put them and keep them down, does not involve shootings. Chokings, beatings, degradations public and private, all are far more common at the hands of police than shootings - especially fatal ones.

Shooting someone has the greatest chance of causing death out of the various forms of blue on Black or Brown violence. Cops also know that bullets are easily traced back to the very gun that fired them, while a bruise is just a bruise and invisible trauma is just a story that just contradicts the ones told by the cops on the scene.

The argument in the article is akin to saying Matt Gates has never been accused of raping actual infants therefore he must be a nice guy.

The argument you quoted is bad faith bullshit to defend bad actors and evil ends.

There.

I hope you were taking notes.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: June 09, 2021, 06:39:23 PM »

Vatican News

18 minutes  ·

Pope Francis has sent a video message to members of the John 17 Movement, an ecumenical initiative that helps build communion of friendship and love among Christian Churches towards unity.

----------------

We need to help all people, but we especially need to help other Christians.

And right now there are a lot of people in the USA who need help, we have homeless people everywhere who need help. And as all of the jobs have went to China, we need for people to create new jobs for the jobs which were lost, and we need to have good fair trade rules with China and others. Times are hard right now in the USA, it is the worst I have ever seen it, it is like the Great Depression. We need to help people, and people need to bring the jobs back to the USA.

Also, as everything opens back up, if people want to put together groups to raise money to feed the hungry, people can form teams to sell beer and hot dogs at sporting events, and at concerts, etc. A friend and his group sold hot dogs and beer at sporting events and concerts and they raised over one million dollars for charity to feed hungry people.

Matthew 25, 31-46 tells us to help the poor, and to help the homeless, and to feed the hungry, etc, you cannot do that if you are poor and homeless. You need to have money and you need to be successful to help the homeless. Christians need to learn how to do honest business, and they need to learn how to make money so that they can help the poor people. And as the poor people rise then they too can help others to rise.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2025%3A31-46&version=NRSV;NIV

And Proverbs 31 talks about the qualities of a good wife. God wants the women to study and to learn how to do business, so that they can help to take care of the family.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%2031%3A10-31&version=ICB

God wants Christians to have money and to understand business so that Christians can help the poor and the needy. You cannot help anyone if you are out there on the streets homeless. You cannot give from an empty cup, your cup has to be over-flowing so that you can help others.

Of note too, the Catholic Church should have a bank which gives business loans to poor people so that they can be farmers, etc, and as they rise they can help other people.

Salute,

Tony V.

Seems this Pope, and the Vatican, have had an enlightenment...because not that long ago this was released by some of their predecessors:
"If it isn't Roman Catholic then it's not a proper church"  - Pope tells Christians...was the newspaper headline.
The word "defective" was used in the statement.
...meaning my church with Her Majesty the Queen as its Head is defective, and thereby I am a defect.
You should really check out the history of your faith. Who do you think that wizened old bitch is the defender of the faith against?

Yes, well I like her.
She has worked very hard all day of her reign to support, direct, and improve the Commonwealth....as did her recently departed husband.
Instead of trying to work towards peace, love and harmony in Christian churches, Rome decided it was a good idea to spew hate. lol

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/if-it-isnt-catholic-then-its-not-a-proper-church-says-pope-26303705.html

If it isn't Catholic, then it's not a proper church, says Pope

THE Vatican has described the Protestant and Orthodox faiths as "not proper Churches" in a document issued with the full authority of the Pope.

Anglican leaders reacted with dismay, accusing the Roman Catholic Church of paradoxical behaviour. They said that the new 16-page document outlining the "defects" of non-Catholic churches constituted a major obstacle to ecumenism.

The document said that the Orthodox church suffered from a "wound" because it did not recognise the primacy of the Pope. The wound was "still more profound" in Protestant denominations, it added.

It was "difficult to see how the title of 'Church' could possibly be attributed to them", said the statement from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Roman Catholicism was "the one true Church of Christ".

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 2928