Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757958 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9030 on: June 09, 2021, 07:41:54 PM »

Who attacked the Capitol?

Who killed the woman?

Will they ever tell us?

Do they care?

Trump and his enablers killed Ashli, Kevin, Rosanne, Benjamin, and Brian.

Cruz and Hawley are accessories at best, though more accurately murderers at a very slight remove.

The question remains whether they will choose the firing squad or the electric chair when the legal process is finished with them.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9031 on: June 09, 2021, 07:52:18 PM »

Who attacked the Capitol?

Who killed the woman?

Will they ever tell us?

Do they care?

A cop killed a terrorist who tried to breach the last barrier. She made a bet the cops wouldn’t shoot and rolled snake eyes.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: June 09, 2021, 08:03:40 PM »

This stops.

Objections to my saying this stops are allowed by PM, but not here.

Violators will be relieved of posting ability for 5 days. If it resumes, 10 days.

Then banned.

If you think my position on "this" is unclear, you are welcome to test my limits - but know you are gambling.

There is some slack, for folks replying before they see this, but not much. 30 minutes, maybe an hour, depending on what you are responding to. Don't respond to any that say "MODERATOR: Do not respond to this message." (That ought to be obvious, but...)

First I would like to thank OC for his impartial words questioning my banning and the even handedness of it.

This was the message I received when I tried to log -in a few days ago.

Sorry bankshot1, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire.

As there was no other information or explanation about the ban I assumed it was meant to be permanent.

Second My open-ended ban appears lifted perhaps reflecting Josh's realization that the warning he issued and just reposted, (above) was directed at Larry and Utley and boz, and I had nothing to do with it. And a like warning was never issued to me or Larry about the Sam re-debate. (below)

As best as I can tell because I responded to Larry, albeit with a degree of contempt, about a long ago dead and buried discussion that Larry wanted to re-open, and re-argue, 7 years later, so I engaged him. And he continued to post about it after I was banned, and from what I can tell, he was not warned nor banned. I'm still not sure what my infraction was.

Third-There has been several posts over the past few days that at best are mischaracterizations of past events or about my motivations. I will not address those, other to say my disagreements with Larry are based on only content and a difference of opinion. 

Again thank you OC for your decency and impartiality.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 08:18:34 PM by bankshot1 »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: June 09, 2021, 08:06:05 PM »

Yep - this is what it has come to, Bambu.  Hard to believe, right?

I don't live there, but it comes as no surprise to me.
What happened at Charlottesville gave a clue as to what's going on today, but obviously nobody much took any notice.
It was shown on tv that some people were allowed to vote 3 times in the election.
That is enough for some people to call "foul" on the election.
Maybe they'll fix the election process for next time.
Mexican flags flying everywhere Cinco de Mayo...with American flag shirts basically banned in schools.
"Immigration Reform"...it's quite clear what that actually means.

Your TV is treating you like a mushroom by keeping you in the dark and feeding you bullshit.

Nah, Sky News tv covers what's happening in America and the world in great detail, every night and day.
6 hrs a night.
Every minute detail, from transgender in sport, to race riots, to VP Harris' speech.
No 1 radio host is on every night at 8pm.
Andrew Bolt at 7pm before him, and Peta Credlin at 6pm before him.

Mushroom.

Some of Putin’s puppets in Oz.

Sky News covers the global news, not just from America in detail.
Last night it informed us of this:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/09/oxford-student-who-led-move-to-remove-queens-portrait-is-american/

Oxford student who led ‘woke’ move to remove Queen’s portrait is American

The Oxford University student who led a vote to remove Queen Elizabeth II’s portrait — sparking outrage in the top tiers of UK government — is a wealthy American private school boy who is a Captain America fan, it emerged Wednesday.
Stanford grad Matthew Katzman, 25, tabled the motion to remove the image from Magdalen’s Middle Common Room, saying it was not welcoming because the monarch “represents recent colonial history.”

Members of the Middle Common Room then voted in favor by a “substantial” majority — sparking fierce backlash.

The Queen “is the head of state and a symbol of what is best about the UK,” UK Education Secretary Gavin Williamson tweeted. “During her long reign, she has worked tirelessly to promote British values of tolerance, inclusivity & respect around the world.”

A spokesman for Boris Johnson then told the Daily Mail that the prime minister “supports” his minister’s statement.

Now it has emerged that the man leading the movement to take down the portrait was not even British, but from Washington, DC — only adding to the outrage.

Katzman is the son of commercial lawyer Scott Katzman, 65, who lives in a DC mansion worth more than $5.5 million, according to the Mail.

#####

Oh dear.

Of course, if the "top tiers of UK Government" are so outraged, there's a simple solution to the problem, that doesn't involve armies, cops, riots etc...they should just politely tell Oxford University to hang the Queen's portrait back on the wall...or lose govt funding and be closed down for 2 years.
No degree from Stanford needed for this one either.

Maybe time for young Matthew to return to America.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 08:10:25 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: June 09, 2021, 08:10:04 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: June 09, 2021, 08:23:48 PM »

Young American Matthew Katzman 25 obviously missed 9/11...and wasn't in London.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwrX-LN9-L0
9/11 American National Anthem Buckingham Palace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad3NoimHero
The Star Spangled Banner, 3 Days after 9/11, St. Paul's, London

Young American Matthew should be saluting the Queen's portrait, or just ignoring it, not trying to tear it down.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9036 on: June 09, 2021, 08:31:57 PM »

Moderate Democrats are fucking up again...

“First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a “more convenient season.” Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.”

Martin Luther King, Jr
Letter from a Birmingham Jail
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: June 09, 2021, 08:33:54 PM »

This stops.

Violators will be relieved of posting ability for 5 days. If it resumes, 10 days.

Then banned.

If you think my position on "this" is unclear, you are welcome to test my limits - but know you are gambling.

There is some slack, for folks replying before they see this, but not much. 30 minutes, maybe an hour, depending on what you are responding to. Don't respond to any that say "MODERATOR: Do not respond to this message." (That ought to be obvious, but...)

First I would like to thank OC for his impartial words questioning my banning and the even handedness of it.

Sorry bankshot1, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

As there was no other information or explanation about the ban I assumed it was meant to be permanent.

Second My open-ended ban appears lifted perhaps reflecting Josh's realization that the warning he issued and just reposted, (above) was directed at Larry and Utley and boz, and I had nothing to do with it. And a like warning was never issued to me or Larry about the Sam re-debate. (below)

As best as I can tell because I responded to Larry, albeit with a degree of contempt, about a long ago dead and buried discussion that Larry wanted to re-open, and re-argue, 7 years later, so I engaged him. And he continued to post about it after I was banned, and from what I can tell, he was not warned nor banned. I'm still not sure what my infraction was.

Third-There has been several posts over the past few days that at best are mischaracterizations of past events or about my motivations. I will not address those, other to say my disagreements with Larry are based on only content and a difference of opinion. 

The reason it did not have a limit was an error when I created it. I corrected it the next day.

The post about banning was explicitly aimed at you, as well as others.

That you cannot understand that explains why you made the post that got you turned off.

And as I said, if you object to the policy, send me a private message. Is that really so difficult to understand? Apparently.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: June 09, 2021, 08:50:46 PM »

This stops.

Then banned.

Just letting it go without commentary was the better approach for you

Your ban makes for better forum.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9039 on: June 09, 2021, 09:17:52 PM »

Harrumph...

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: June 09, 2021, 09:18:05 PM »

Bambu, I love how you carry forward your primitive tribal idolatry in the face of the tsunami of information showing how ridiculous and self-harming your withered belief system has proven itself to be.

Your an inspiration to anachronistic buggered simps everywhere.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: June 09, 2021, 11:34:16 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/09/opinion/republican-party-2022.html

OPINION
GUEST ESSAY

My Fellow Republicans, Stop Fearing This Dangerous and Diminished Man
June 9, 2021

By Barbara Comstock

Ms. Comstock, a Virginia Republican and a lawyer, was a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from 2015 to 2019.

When Donald Trump, the patron saint of sore losers, appeared at a Republican event on Saturday night and compared the 2020 election to a “third-world-country election like we’ve never seen before,” it wasn’t just another false rant from the former president. His words also described his attempted subversion of democracy in the run-up to the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

Consider Mr. Trump’s remarks at his rally just before the attack: “If Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election,” he said. “All Vice President Pence has to do is send it back to the states to recertify and we become president.”

Or consider Mr. Trump’s harassment of Georgia’s Republican secretary of state, Brad Raffensperger, with the request to “find” him votes, or his relentless harassment of other election officials and governors.

Many Republicans want to move on from the Jan. 6 attack. But how is that possible when the former president won’t move on from the Nov. 3 election and continues to push the same incendiary lies that resulted in 61 failed lawsuits before Jan. 6, led to an insurrection and could lead to yet more violence?

If you doubt that a threat of violence exists, look at the recent poll from the Public Religion Research Institute and the Interfaith Youth Core, which shows that a dangerous QAnon conspiracy theory is believed by 15 percent of our fellow Americans — including almost one in four Republicans, 14 percent of independents and even 8 percent of Democrats.

Republicans, instead of opposing a commission to investigate the events of Jan. 6, need to be at the forefront of seeking answers on the insurrection and diminishing the power of QAnon and the other conspiracy theories that Mr. Trump has fueled. While he is still popular within the party, Mr. Trump is a diminished political figure: 66 percent of Americans now hope he won’t run again in 2024, including 30 percent of Republicans. He is not the future, and Republicans need to stop fearing him. He will continue to damage the party if we don’t face the Jan. 6 facts head-on.

Nothing less than a full investigation is essential. As a House Republican chief counsel during the Clinton administration, I see a clear set of unanswered questions about Jan. 6, as well as evidence that needs to be gathered and that our country needs to understand. An investigation should cover the events related and leading up to Jan. 6, as well as all the parties involved. Who planned and funded the Trump rally that day, and who picked the speakers and got attendees there? How did supporters of QAnon, Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys get there? What happened as the White House planned for Jan. 6?

Whether it is a congressionally formed commission or a congressional committee, the subpoenas and testimony would produce records that tell the story. Imagine all the thousands of texts, emails, phone calls and other records from the weeks leading to and on Jan. 6 that are not yet part of the public record. This material will come out eventually — in hearings, in books or in the media — but Republicans should be part of the process, to help provide accountability and prevent future attacks.

While a commission would be best, a congressional select committee with a five-Democrat, five-Republican split and the same rules as a commission would have, could also work. In the meantime, any standing committee with subpoena power could begin the information-gathering process immediately.

Many Republican leaders seem to think any all-encompassing investigation will be bad for the party. I disagree. Some prominent Republicans want to uncover the truth, as do police officers who heroically protected members of Congress and their staff on Jan. 6. Officer Brian Sicknick, who died after engaging with the Trump-inspired mob, supported Mr. Trump. Officer Michael Fanone, who was shocked multiple times with a stun gun and beaten and suffered a heart attack and traumatic brain injury, told me he is a Republican. Officer Harry Dunn said: “We were victims of an assault, of an attack, and we deserve justice and we deserve to know everybody who was involved, and we want them held accountable.” Many of our officers feel they are being left on the field, and they wonder, what happened to “Back the Blue.”

Mr. Trump’s lies are red meat to those in the conspiracy world who have already demonstrated what they are prepared to do. The danger also extends to states, as Mr. Trump tells people that election outcomes in Georgia and Arizona will be overturned, and he could be reinstated as president in August. How will QAnon followers or Oath Keepers respond when that does not happen?

Many Republicans rationalize ignoring his rhetoric: His speech on Saturday wasn’t even aired live on Fox or CNN, and he may end up being indicted in New York and occupied with legal and financial problems. So, this thinking goes, what’s the harm in humoring the guy a little longer?

The harm is that the lies have metastasized and could threaten public safety again. The U.S. Capitol Police report that threats against members of Congress have increased 107 percent this year. Representative Adam Kinzinger, a Republican, has noted, “There’s no reason to believe that anybody organically is going to come to the truth.” Representative Liz Cheney, another Republican, said, “It’s an ongoing threat, so silence is not an option.”

Humoring the guy also emboldens Mr. Trump’s pardoned allies like Steve Bannon and his former national security adviser Michael Flynn. Republicans are now flocking to Mr. Bannon’s podcast to audition for Mr. Trump’s support, and Mr. Bannon says “a litmus test” will be whether they are willing to challenge the outcome of the 2020 election. Later this month, Mr. Flynn will appear at an Oklahoma campaign rally with Jackson Lahmeyer, a political novice who is challenging Senator James Lankford, the Republican incumbent. Mr. Lahmeyer claims the 2020 election was stolen and touts Mr. Flynn’s endorsement, saying we have to be willing to “Fight Like a Flynn.”

Republicans would be better advised to fight like Senator Margaret Chase Smith. During the Joseph McCarthy era in 1950, she advised fellow Republicans that the Democrats had already provided Republicans with sufficient campaign issues, and they need not resort to McCarthy’s demagogy.

The same is true today. Republicans need to have more faith in their policies and stop being afraid of a dangerous and diminished man who has divided the country and now divides our party. Reconsider the commission, let the investigation go ahead, and run and win in 2022 on the truth.

Barbara Comstock, a Virginia Republican and a lawyer, was a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from 2015 to 2019.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: June 09, 2021, 11:56:31 PM »

WAS a member.....

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: June 10, 2021, 12:21:42 AM »

Heh

The idiots split the vote

Both former state Del. Jennifer Carroll Foy, who finished a distant second to McAuliffe with 20%, and state Sen. Jennifer McClellan, who finished third, are Black women. (The fourth-place finisher -- Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax -- is also Black.)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/09/politics/terry-mcauliffe-face-of-the-democratic-party/index.html

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 601 602 [603] 604 605 ... 2928