Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 758035 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9045 on: June 10, 2021, 01:06:47 AM »

Heh

The idiots split the vote

Both former state Del. Jennifer Carroll Foy, who finished a distant second to McAuliffe with 20%, and state Sen. Jennifer McClellan, who finished third, are Black women. (The fourth-place finisher -- Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax -- is also Black.)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/09/politics/terry-mcauliffe-face-of-the-democratic-party/index.html

McAuliffe got more than 60% of the vote. One of them or three of them, it made no difference to the final result.

That there were three Black candidates had no impact on their losing - any one of them, getting all the votes, would have lost anyway.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: June 10, 2021, 01:07:09 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: June 10, 2021, 01:50:29 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: June 10, 2021, 02:40:21 AM »

Still refer to Catholicism as the Scarlet Whore?

The Catholic position that it is the one true church does not prevent or deter ecumenical outreach.

And the world would be a better place if Cromwell had finished the job.

Are Catholic schools still telling their little kiddies that kids at the non-Catholic schools are going to hell because they're not Catholics?
No. And they have not for eons.
Still telling their congregations to vote Left?
No. They do not.preach electoral politics from the pulpit. We are to inform our consciences with the teaching of the church and based on that informed conscience vote for the greatest public good.. There are aspects of Catholic doctrine that my consciences tells me arei ncompatible with Conservative thought, particularly the ugliness you spew. There are fewer, but some, things I find incompatible with real thought also.

Still telling their congregations that anyone who is not married in a Catholic church is a sinner and not married?
Pope Francis has noted that he is a sinner. And no. That is not Catholic teaching. But then your ignorance of Catholicism is as boundless as, well, the rest of your ignorance.  [This deleted part was uncalled for and creul. My sincere apology to bambu]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:16:33 AM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: June 10, 2021, 02:43:57 AM »

Should be liberal thought. Not real thought.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: June 10, 2021, 07:53:40 AM »

Are Catholic schools still telling their little kiddies that kids at the non-Catholic schools are going to hell because they're not Catholics?

That's the born agains.

Not hell - but unable to enter heaven, even if a good Catholic - unless you are "saved"

Such rubbish.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: June 10, 2021, 07:58:20 AM »

Heh

The idiots split the vote

Both former state Del. Jennifer Carroll Foy, who finished a distant second to McAuliffe with 20%, and state Sen. Jennifer McClellan, who finished third, are Black women. (The fourth-place finisher -- Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax -- is also Black.)

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/09/politics/terry-mcauliffe-face-of-the-democratic-party/index.html

McAuliffe got more than 60% of the vote. One of them or three of them, it made no difference to the final result.

That there were three Black candidates had no impact on their losing - any one of them, getting all the votes, would have lost anyway.

yeah - saw that

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: June 10, 2021, 08:20:58 AM »

That's the born agains.

Not hell - but unable to enter heaven, even if a good Catholic - unless you are "saved"

Such rubbish.
One of the things about bambu's post that was so laughable. It is like he has no clue what his church's position on  Catholicosm was for several hundred years but has a view of Catholic doctrine firmly mired in 1640s anti Catholic propaganda.
A parrot bit me.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: June 10, 2021, 09:23:38 AM »

WAS a member.....

November 2018 = Blue Wave.   She was the last GOP to hold a DC suburb.   

Try to keep up.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Holly Martins

« Reply #9054 on: June 10, 2021, 10:07:39 AM »

I think democrats need to grab the high ground on civil liberties,  and get on the same page on free speech.   This VA school board thing should be an opportunity to support free speech,  even when it's speech that liberals disagree with.   

And it's not like it's only RW Christians who have contrarian views on LGBTNB rights.   There are several religious sects from RWE to Hindu who may disagree with the current prevailing idea.  You can't have liberals, if they have any integrity,  nodding tolerantly when a Muslim or Hindu questions gender reassignment or self-definition but moving to expel RWEs if they voice the same doubts.   Again,  the best counter to free speech you disapprove...is more free speech.   You can blast that teacher in VA with facts pertinent to gender definition, but you can't fire him.   School board meetings are inherently contentious.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #9055 on: June 10, 2021, 10:54:28 AM »

As he takes his first trip abroad as president, a Pew Research Center global survey released Thursday...

Trust in the U.S. president fell to historic lows in most countries surveyed during Donald Trump’s presidency, according to Pew.

Under Biden, it has soared. In the 12 countries surveyed both this year and last, a median of 75 percent of respondents expressed confidence in Biden to “do the right thing regarding world affairs,” Pew found, compared with 17 percent for Trump last year. Sixty-two percent of respondents now have a favorable view of the United States vs. 34 percent at the end of Trump’s presidency. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/06/10/pew-global-approval-biden-us/

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: June 10, 2021, 12:03:47 PM »

But trhe world's view of us is of LEAST importance.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9057 on: June 10, 2021, 12:30:52 PM »

I think democrats need to grab the high ground on civil liberties,  and get on the same page on free speech.   This VA school board thing should be an opportunity to support free speech,  even when it's speech that liberals disagree with.   

And it's not like it's only RW Christians who have contrarian views on LGBTNB rights.   There are several religious sects from RWE to Hindu who may disagree with the current prevailing idea.  You can't have liberals, if they have any integrity,  nodding tolerantly when a Muslim or Hindu questions gender reassignment or self-definition but moving to expel RWEs if they voice the same doubts.   Again,  the best counter to free speech you disapprove...is more free speech.   You can blast that teacher in VA with facts pertinent to gender definition, but you can't fire him.   School board meetings are inherently contentious.

I wouldn’t let that bastard anywhere near my kid. If I tell you my child’s name is Linda don’t dare decide you’re gonna call my kid Lyndon.

Period.

The amo7nt of damage this asshole can do to children who are struggling with their identity is incalculable.

In the public school you leave your religious dogma at the door.

This isn’t free speech it’s religious bigotry and bullying.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: June 10, 2021, 12:37:50 PM »

WAS a member.....

November 2018 = Blue Wave.   She was the last GOP to hold a DC suburb.   

Try to keep up.

And of course "WAS a member..." was the closest to rebutting everything she said that Kid could get.

He had nothing even close to of substance to say.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: June 10, 2021, 12:39:54 PM »

But trhe world's view of us is of LEAST importance.

Could you expand upon this thought?

Why do you believe trust in others is not important in managing global relations?

IMO in business and personal matters, trust is an important building block in creating a strong relationship.
Once trust goes...

Other than having an overpowering military, or graphic pictures of hookers in a Russian hotel to influence behavior, I'm not sure why  you believe trust is not important.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:41:35 PM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 2928