Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757943 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9105 on: June 10, 2021, 09:57:31 PM »

Fac

I'm all for a pluralistic society, the more the merrier, but I can question some of the beliefs that I find objectionable.
Absolutely. That is your right.
And you can choose not to.
Yup. I can choose the other path as well, which I often do
And in that same vein I'd expect you to be a vocal supporter of the voice of Marjorie Taylor Greene. :)
There’s a big jump from arguing that Muslims without oil should also be treated with a modicum of respect to advocating for the overthrow of the government in order to hand power to the biggest crooks in the country, but, as we established earlier, you are (so long as your speech doesn’t involve crossing the threshold into criminal conspiracy like MTG) perfectly free to voice the laziest possible analogy in support of most any argument you choose.
But I think she's also a loose cannon, irresponsible, dangerous (watch out if she gets her hands on a Jewish space laser) and also perhaps an anti-semite and I don't like her either.
You are no fool Banks, as this sentiment proves.
And Fac perhaps your kids will look on Marjorie TG as their favorite President since Ivanka Trump, and wish there had been a way to give her a third term in office because of how well she represents America’s political center.

or not.

My Kids are spiritually kin rather than fruit of my loins. They have a contingency for the kind of scenario you outline.

I only know for sure they put the  first two of the ten steps into effect deposing dipshit donald and his dirty demented impostership.

I expect they stand ready in case the terrorists still at large escalate their viscous power grabs.

You may hear more about this later.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: June 11, 2021, 12:01:07 AM »

I expect they stand ready in case the terrorists still at large escalate their viscous power grabs.

Do these power grabs involve molasses or differential grease?   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: June 11, 2021, 01:13:42 AM »

Good catch.

More wet poop, decomposing viscera, and mayonnaise than molasses or diff grease.

Viscous, in the sense it means slimy, applies almost as much as vicious does in its strong association with republicans and conservatives in general.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:16:09 AM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: June 11, 2021, 01:23:10 AM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6/10/2034714/-State-Rep-Mike-Nearman-is-the-first-person-ever-expelled-from-the-Oregon-Legislature

If we’re lucky and good, this will be the start of a major trend of expelling virulent republicans from legislative bodies all across the nation, a development from which we would all prosper.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: June 11, 2021, 01:39:08 AM »

The Line

http://youtu.be/uK2CvCW4Rzg

Know your enemy.

Achtung

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: June 11, 2021, 04:44:29 AM »

Biden should make trump ambassador to the Marianas Trench. Draft him & send him to his post in a diving bell made of solid gold. Joe can have him pulled up every couple of years to give a report on the progress he’s making in his real estate negotiations he’s undertaking on our behalf.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: June 11, 2021, 07:44:21 AM »

Biden should make trump ambassador to the Marianas Trench. Draft him & send him to his post in a diving bell made of solid gold. Joe can have him pulled up every couple of years to give a report on the progress he’s making in his real estate negotiations he’s undertaking on our behalf.

That's deep!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9113 on: June 11, 2021, 09:32:37 AM »

This is a BIG FUCKING DEAL!

This is some really noxious shit pushed byTrump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/10/us/politics/justice-department-leaks-trump-administration.html

It ought to be a big deal, but the GOP folks don't care what they did, for the most part - as demonstrated by Kid's "WAS" in response to the former congresswoman's complaints about the current party.

Emotionally insulated.

This is the DEEP STATE they scream about!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: June 11, 2021, 09:36:38 AM »

Rashida Tlaib Slams 'Stay There and Die' Immigration Approach After Harris Tells Migrants 'Do Not Come'
https://www.newsweek.com/rashida-tlaib-slams-stay-there-die-immigration-approach-after-harris-tells-migrants-do-not-come-1598756?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation

I am beginning to appreciate Kamala more and more as a realist, a centrist, and a fine future presidential candidate. The "squad" does not know how to deal with a clear minded black woman not driven by primitive tribal passions.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9115 on: June 11, 2021, 09:43:32 AM »

Yeah, I know.  But you cannot punish people for something they haven't done yet.

The point overlooked by just about everyone. The teacher was expressing an opinion on a PROPOSED new school policy.
Obviously the school board appears to treat the PROPOSAL a fait accompli

The point being the employee told his employers “Fuck what you say ima do what I want!”
Yes, and when he does it, it stops being protected speech and starts being an active violation of policy.
[/quote]

Quite!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9116 on: June 11, 2021, 09:45:22 AM »

Let’s give him a crack at demeaning some students...
Yeah, I know.  But you cannot punish people for something they haven't done yet.

Of course, public employees do not have the same right of free speech when talking about their agency.

Ive got to go with Lime on this one, Larry. He makes a good point.

Having warned the guy now, I think they can be summary as fuck with him now if he steps toward that line while he’s under employment as a teacher.

This is true. HL nails the bottom line. But this teacher is an asshole.

Watch him fuck up.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9117 on: June 11, 2021, 09:48:00 AM »

The point overlooked by just about everyone. The teacher was expressing an opinion on a PROPOSED new school policy.
Obviously the school board appears to treat the PROPOSAL a fait accompli
The point being the employee told his employers “Fuck what you say ima do what I want!”
Yes, and when he does it, it stops being protected speech and starts being an active violation of policy.
Then you acknowledge the Board’s premature punishment was misguided and stupid.

I’d say it was prescient.

I’d have this teacher pushing paper in a windowless room with no contact with students.
He keeps his check and doesn’t get to bulky kids.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9118 on: June 11, 2021, 09:56:08 AM »

Re Omar I'll give the Repubs about 6 hours and we should have full-blown talking points about Dems and their harboring rabid anti-semites.

Re Omar2: Fuck her and her false equivalents that she knows are divisive and a hot button and are going to set people off.

Although it probably draws some nice campaign cash from overseas.

This shouldn't impact '22.

Only one group on her list ever nuked a whole city. It’s the same one that invented concentration camps.

The tweet wasn’t specific about time and location, so there may be room for clarification and/or hedging there.

It sounds like she backed away from the repulsive tweet and instead focused on a specific question that she clarified. These were stand alone issues. But this is what she tweeted

We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban.

Seems Omar cherry picked. Germany? Poland? Russia? Cambodia? Sudan? Uganda?

As an aside, while the ww2 atomic bombings were horrific and killed around 140,00 Japanese, it ended the war in a week's time. I've never been convinced an invasion of Japan including traditional air raids in multiple cities (Tokyo, Yokohama, Osaka, Kyoto, etc) would have been more humane, as the death toll would have been many multiples and the infrastructure decimated.

as a further aside, pre-banning I posted about my dad's service aboard a sub-hunter group in WW2. At war's end he and his ship had arrived in Pearl Harbor and had started naval training for the invasion of Japan. A multi-year war was envisioned.

If you want to make the case that would have been more humane, feel free.

When the WWII ended my dad was on a Liberty ship in Buckner Bay loaded with creosote timbers to be used in the invasion of Japan. Dropping bombs hastened the end of the war and was big STOP sign for the Soviets.

Nowver, there are no lies spoken in her tweet.

We have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban.

The actions of the Israeli government in Gaza and the West Bank give oxygen and space for HAMAS to claim legitimacy in opposition when in reality they’re a bunch of corrupt thugs.

Allow the water to flow and electricity to run 24/7.

Rein in the Kahanists who if given their way would fucking eradicate the problem by eradicating the people.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: June 11, 2021, 10:43:55 AM »

I didn't say she lied Larry, I said this.

Re Omar2: Fuck her and her false equivalents that she knows are divisive and a hot button and are going to set people off.

And she backed away from the tweet yesterday by saying,

She added: "I was in no way equating terrorist organizations with democratic countries with well-established judicial systems."

But for all intents and purposes she did, and she should have known that, and I suspect she did, but she wanted the uproar her original tweet would re-ignite. 

As long as they spell the name right and

Campaigns don't fund themselves.

But I'm a cynic Larry.

As to debate Israel and the ME here-I've generally avoided the issue as the side are too dug in. Minds don't change on this one.

But my position is a 2-state solution is the way to go, subsidized by the US, Israel, and the ME oil countries, creating a huge free-economic zone to encourage development. Jobs and stability. And take it from there. Once people are taking care of their family they are less likely to go to war.

Enjoy your day and hope your back is feeling better.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 10:47:18 AM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 2928