Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757954 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9121 on: June 11, 2021, 12:07:21 PM »

and fwiw today is the 77th anniversary of my dad sinking a fucking Nazi sub!

https://www.desausa.org/images2/uss_inch_de_146.htm

In photo 1 Bankshot Sr is the guy immediately behind the speaker's left shoulder epulet (it appears to fall on his waist)

Dad was 24 then

Seeing that photo and my dad then, I felt like Kevin Costner in Field of Dreams

Hey dad wanna sink a sub?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9122 on: June 11, 2021, 12:22:05 PM »

I didn't say she lied Larry, I said this.

Re Omar2: Fuck her and her false equivalents that she knows are divisive and a hot button and are going to set people off.

And she backed away from the tweet yesterday by saying,

She added: "I was in no way equating terrorist organizations with democratic countries with well-established judicial systems."

But for all intents and purposes she did, and she should have known that, and I suspect she did, but she wanted the uproar her original tweet would re-ignite. 

As long as they spell the name right and

Campaigns don't fund themselves.

But I'm a cynic Larry.

As to debate Israel and the ME here-I've generally avoided the issue as the side are too dug in. Minds don't change on this one.

But my position is a 2-state solution is the way to go, subsidized by the US, Israel, and the ME oil countries, creating a huge free-economic zone to encourage development. Jobs and stability. And take it from there. Once people are taking care of their family they are less likely to go to war.

Enjoy your day and hope your back is feeling better.

No lies spoken is a colloquialism among millennials with whom I converse frequently.

Naftali Bennett doesn’t see a two state solution as an option. He’s further right than Bibi.

https://www.haaretz.com/.premium-bennett-two-state-solution-at-dead-end-1.5281143

Meanwhile I’m out and about these days.

Drove to my Opthalmologist to get another intravitreal injection in my right eye.

Got to wear my cool new shades on the drive home.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9123 on: June 11, 2021, 12:29:33 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9124 on: June 11, 2021, 12:31:32 PM »

In photo 1 Bankshot Sr is the guy immediately behind the speaker's left shoulder epulet (it appears to fall on his waist)

Dad was 24 then

My Dad always said the destroyer was the convoy’s best friend.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9125 on: June 11, 2021, 01:22:30 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: June 11, 2021, 02:07:00 PM »

We need to have better role models for the kids, and we need for the kids to have better goals.

When I was a teen back in the 1980's we all wanted to be rich. Everything back then was about making money and living the good life. So, back then education was big, people wanted to learn how to make money. And people worked hard, we all worked 90 hours per week making money. Everything back then was about working, getting educated, and making money. 

Now, people are all about gangs, tattoos, and they want to be thugs, and everyone wants to see who is the toughest, etc.

Even prison is acceptable, and Danny Trejo is a huge star. Those are the role models today, Danny Trejo, and Snoop Dogg, and Lil Wayne. Then there are the Kardashians and Kanye West. Those are the role models for people today. Kim Kardashian got famous from a sex tape, and so did Paris Hilton. Those are the role models for the people today.

We need to bring back the desire for an education, we need to make education cool again, and we need to bring back the respect for honest work and the desire to make money, but we need to go one step further and teach people to do good deeds with their money, we need to teach them the joy of being on a mission to help the homeless, and to help to make the world a better place. 

One of my heroes who recently died, she was born wealthy in the Philippines, her family was wealthy from Bananas, she came to California and she opened a night club named Manila Gardens, and she opened other businesses and she was very successful. She used her money to help other people, she helped the homeless, and the hungry. She had friends who were movie stars, and who were in government, and she also helped the homeless people and she was a hero in the community. 

We need to teach people that it is great to go to school, and to get an education, and to learn how to make money, and to work hard to make money, but we need to go a step further and teach people the joy of being a good person and the joy of helping the homeless and helping others.

The fun part of money is what you can do with it, and helping other people is fun, it is a joy to feed the homeless and to donate libraries and to help other people. 

And we need to build more colleges, and more banks, and fewer prisons. 

Also, I need to produce my own movies and television shows, etc, so I can share my own point of view, and I can write poetry books, etc. 

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: June 11, 2021, 02:13:34 PM »

American patriots have black and brown too, LB.  Many even own flags.

I’m a patriot. My dad’s flag is on my mantle. I fly my flag in front of my house.

But I’m not naive.

Ive never forgotten this, have you?

Why do you paint the many with acts of the few?  Isnt that what you ask us not to do?

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: June 11, 2021, 02:16:59 PM »

Those are the role models today, Danny Trejo, and Snoop Dogg, and Lil Wayne.

?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9129 on: June 11, 2021, 02:17:23 PM »

BTW ---- Could we unban Banks in a couple days?   If not moving on from an old dispute and repeated personal attack was the grounds,  then why wasn't there a group ban for Banks,  Larry,  and Ham?

Reposting this.   I cannot see Banks as the only culpable party here,  in recent brawls.

I’m not even gonna ask why you have any nickels in that quarter.

Somebody (a poster who I had never heard of) messaged me and asked the same question, essentially.

They said that thought there was some kind of "white guilt" involved.

Perhaps.

But, then, we know that there are some of us who get different treatment than others in many situations.

Needless to say, I got kicked off here for a few days, which is fine, except there was no explanation as to why.

So, if anyone knows why, just message me.

Thanks!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: June 11, 2021, 02:21:29 PM »

BTW ---- Could we unban Banks in a couple days?   If not moving on from an old dispute and repeated personal attack was the grounds,  then why wasn't there a group ban for Banks,  Larry,  and Ham?

Reposting this.   I cannot see Banks as the only culpable party here,  in recent brawls.

People egg each other on.   Ban the people who are flaming or ban no one.   I'm no fan of Banks,  just of fair play.

I think you missed the posts that prompted my actions.

I'm guessing I missed those prompts, too.  I'm guessing a few of us missed them.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: June 11, 2021, 02:24:35 PM »

This stops.

Objections to my saying this stops are allowed by PM, but not here.

Violators will be relieved of posting ability for 5 days. If it resumes, 10 days.

Then banned.

If you think my position on "this" is unclear, you are welcome to test my limits - but know you are gambling.

There is some slack, for folks replying before they see this, but not much. 30 minutes, maybe an hour, depending on what you are responding to. Don't respond to any that say "MODERATOR: Do not respond to this message." (That ought to be obvious, but...)

First I would like to thank OC for his impartial words questioning my banning and the even handedness of it.

This was the message I received when I tried to log -in a few days ago.

Sorry bankshot1, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire.

As there was no other information or explanation about the ban I assumed it was meant to be permanent.

Second My open-ended ban appears lifted perhaps reflecting Josh's realization that the warning he issued and just reposted, (above) was directed at Larry and Utley and boz, and I had nothing to do with it. And a like warning was never issued to me or Larry about the Sam re-debate. (below)

As best as I can tell because I responded to Larry, albeit with a degree of contempt, about a long ago dead and buried discussion that Larry wanted to re-open, and re-argue, 7 years later, so I engaged him. And he continued to post about it after I was banned, and from what I can tell, he was not warned nor banned. I'm still not sure what my infraction was.

Third-There has been several posts over the past few days that at best are mischaracterizations of past events or about my motivations. I will not address those, other to say my disagreements with Larry are based on only content and a difference of opinion. 

Again thank you OC for your decency and impartiality.

I see your POV, and will raise it with the concept that because someone expresses that they're being "picked on", it doesn't make it so.

And, yes, OC, thanks for your commitment to fairness.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: June 11, 2021, 02:26:47 PM »

Should be liberal thought. Not real thought.

Many people think that "liberal thought" is "not real thought".

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: June 11, 2021, 02:30:10 PM »

Dad was 24 then

Kinda cool. I can relate, but I'll message you about it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: June 11, 2021, 02:44:42 PM »

People egg each other on.   Ban the people who are flaming or ban no one.   I'm no fan of Banks,  just of fair play.

I think you missed the posts that prompted my actions.

I'm guessing I missed those prompts, too.  I'm guessing a few of us missed them.

I see your POV, and will raise it with the concept that because someone expresses that they're being "picked on", it doesn't make it so.

You saw the rules.

You broke the rules.

I deleted the post in question, which makes showing it to you a tad challenging.

Next time, I will screenshoot it and then be able to share it, as needed.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 2928