Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757736 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9150 on: June 11, 2021, 05:16:09 PM »

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that she welcomed a clarification from Rep. Ilhan Omar over a tweet about Israel that critics on both sides of the aisle said had unfairly compared the U.S. and Israel to terrorist groups.

In a written statement, Pelosi, D-Calif., said that “drawing false equivalencies between democracies like the U.S. and Israel and groups that engage in terrorism like Hamas and the Taliban foments prejudice and undermines peace and security for all.

“We welcome the clarification by Congresswoman Omar that there is no moral equivalency between the U.S. and Israel and Hamas and the Taliban,” Pelosi continued.

I didn't see if any of you discussed the ridiculous Omar and her full idiocy being on display this week. Here is a woman who is freely elected in a country in which she has rights that no woman has with Hamas, the Palestinians, and the Taliban, and she puts Israel and the US in the same category.

The silence from the leftist wing of the Democratic Party is not at all golden.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: June 11, 2021, 05:19:51 PM »

Hey..uh...josh. Am I allowed to respond to this drivel? Please advise.

I edited the post to give you props for block quoting from the WSJ.

It was the most sincere and effusive praise you have ever received in your entire life.

Now go run outside and play. The grownups are busy here.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: June 11, 2021, 05:23:40 PM »

I didn't say she lied Larry, I said this.

Re Omar2: Fuck her and her false equivalents that she knows are divisive and a hot button and are going to set people off.

And she backed away from the tweet yesterday by saying,

She added: "I was in no way equating terrorist organizations with democratic countries with well-established judicial systems."

But for all intents and purposes she did, and she should have known that, and I suspect she did, but she wanted the uproar her original tweet would re-ignite. 

As long as they spell the name right and

Campaigns don't fund themselves.

But I'm a cynic Larry.

As to debate Israel and the ME here-I've generally avoided the issue as the side are too dug in. Minds don't change on this one.

But my position is a 2-state solution is the way to go, subsidized by the US, Israel, and the ME oil countries, creating a huge free-economic zone to encourage development. Jobs and stability. And take it from there. Once people are taking care of their family they are less likely to go to war.

Enjoy your day and hope your back is feeling better.

I think that is a wonderful approach, as hard as the politics to make it happen seems to be.

I have to wonder if something similar wouldn’t be helpful in Afghanistan as well in terms of making it an international economic development zone.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: June 11, 2021, 05:27:24 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: June 11, 2021, 05:35:24 PM »

Look how quick the bully becomes the victim. This is straight outta the Trump playbook. Say despicable things, get reprimanded, and then cry that you're the victim!

Tlaib tweeted in response to the Democratic backlash against Omar,  “Freedom of speech doesn’t exist for Muslim women in Congress. The benefit of the doubt doesn’t exist for Muslim women in Congress. House Democratic leadership should be ashamed of its relentless, exclusive tone policing of Congresswomen of color.”. NYPOST.

What a shitstain!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: June 11, 2021, 05:39:56 PM »

That’s your playbook, Hamhocks.

Hate crimes are reason enough to shut down fascist outlets like Newsmax, OAN, and Fox. Alabastard idiots are conditioned to fall for weak ass bullshit, especially if that bullshit is racist.

It’s what is motivating all the attacks on Rep. Omar in addition to the anti-Asian violence we are seeing.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: June 11, 2021, 05:45:03 PM »

Look how quick the bully becomes the victim. This is straight outta the Trump playbook. Say despicable things, get reprimanded, and then cry that you're the victim!

Tlaib tweeted in response to the Democratic backlash against Omar,  “Freedom of speech doesn’t exist for Muslim women in Congress. The benefit of the doubt doesn’t exist for Muslim women in Congress. House Democratic leadership should be ashamed of its relentless, exclusive tone policing of Congresswomen of color.”. NYPOST.

What a shitstain!
She refuses to be canceled by the likes of you.
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: June 11, 2021, 05:54:36 PM »

No one is taking away anyone's freedom of speech by criticizing another.

Rather the critic's freedom of speech is under attack.

Does not the critic have the right to respond to an argument they disagree with?

Tlaib's argument is bullshit, meant to silence critics or shame critics into a new degree of wokeness and sheep-like compliance to some bullshit far-left code of social justice cloaking anti-semitism.

And how many benefits of the doubt does Omar get?

Fuck her.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 06:00:38 PM by bankshot1 »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: June 11, 2021, 06:05:57 PM »

Some cool things that science clubs could do for kids is to have paper planes, and also model rockets. The kids can make their own planes, and the group can launch model rockets, etc. It is great stuff for kids, and it is cheap. There are a lot of cool things that science clubs could do. And Vice President Kamala Harris and NASA could be involved sponsoring science clubs for the youth.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9159 on: June 11, 2021, 06:09:16 PM »

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that she welcomed a clarification from Rep. Ilhan Omar over a tweet about Israel that critics on both sides of the aisle said had unfairly compared the U.S. and Israel to terrorist groups.

In a written statement, Pelosi, D-Calif., said that “drawing false equivalencies between democracies like the U.S. and Israel and groups that engage in terrorism like Hamas and the Taliban foments prejudice and undermines peace and security for all.

“We welcome the clarification by Congresswoman Omar that there is no moral equivalency between the U.S. and Israel and Hamas and the Taliban,” Pelosi continued.

I didn't see if any of you discussed the ridiculous Omar and her full idiocy being on display this week. Here is a woman who is freely elected in a country in which she has rights that no woman has with Hamas, the Palestinians, and the Taliban, and she puts Israel and the US in the same category.

You keep missing the point.

What she says may be considered unsavory but at bottom she isn’t wrong. Too much hyperbole for my taste but I understand where she’s coming from.

The situation in the ME is in so many varying shades of grey your absolutism is misplaced.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9160 on: June 11, 2021, 06:19:47 PM »

The excerpt from Peggy Noonan’s column was excellent. She and Barbara Comstock know if you want to win elections you have to provide to your constituents wants and needs. Once Republicans stop running on racial fear and resentment the nation will be well on our way to becoming a more perfect union.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #9161 on: June 11, 2021, 06:30:46 PM »

You keep missing the point.

What she says may be considered unsavory but at bottom she isn’t wrong. Too much hyperbole for my taste but I understand where she’s coming from.

The situation in the ME is in so many varying shades of grey your absolutism is misplaced.

Why engage?  He doesn't read the previous days posts about this.  And falls for the RW tactic of stripping Omar's original remark of its context.   Which was already discussed here.   Instead of bothering to catch up,  he just runs in and posts a dozen times on his usual theme,  "PAY ATTENTION TO ME! "   Fuck him.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9162 on: June 11, 2021, 06:35:49 PM »

I mentioned earlier Rep. Ilhan Omar is a Somali refugee from the early 90s. You might consider her experiences as a kid living under the battling war lords and the USA and then spent several years living in a refugee camp.

To dismiss her perspective gained through first hand experience is short sided and unproductive.

Israel has long been governed in a secular manner but new President is a hardline religious right winger.

Think about Rep. Tlaib’s perspective. What point of view would influence your perspective, what you get from western media or on the phone with grandma?

I’ve made my POV on Israel quite clear it’s the right wing assholes on both sides keep stoking the flame.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9163 on: June 11, 2021, 06:38:41 PM »

“There’s an old saying you don’t know a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes... but then you’re a mile away and he’s got no shoes!”

I miss Click and Clack!

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 2928