Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757761 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9180 on: June 11, 2021, 10:31:09 PM »

Say what?

While CNN banned Outkick founder Clay Travis from appearing on its program in 2017 after he said he “believed in the First Amendment and boobs,” the left-leaning outlet had no issue bringing back legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin after he was caught on a Zoom with colleagues pleasuring himself.

Travis called out CNN Friday, tweeting, “CNN banned me from their network for saying I believed in the first amendment and boobs, but they just rehired a guy caught masturbating on a Zoom call and had him discuss it live on air.”

No argument from me.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: June 11, 2021, 10:31:49 PM »

Do our less left-leaning members think that Trump's directing the DoJ to get congressional members' and families' data was appropriate?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/11/politics/justice-department-apple-congress-leak-investigation/index.html

There is a Trump forum for this.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: June 11, 2021, 10:35:19 PM »

Say what?

While CNN banned Outkick founder Clay Travis from appearing on its program in 2017 after he said he “believed in the First Amendment and boobs,” the left-leaning outlet had no issue bringing back legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin after he was caught on a Zoom with colleagues pleasuring himself.

Travis called out CNN Friday, tweeting, “CNN banned me from their network for saying I believed in the first amendment and boobs, but they just rehired a guy caught masturbating on a Zoom call and had him discuss it live on air.”

CNN could bring 'em both back---Boobs & Toobs

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9183 on: June 11, 2021, 10:37:19 PM »

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that she welcomed a clarification from Rep. Ilhan Omar over a tweet about Israel that critics on both sides of the aisle said had unfairly compared the U.S. and Israel to terrorist groups.

In a written statement, Pelosi, D-Calif., said that “drawing false equivalencies between democracies like the U.S. and Israel and groups that engage in terrorism like Hamas and the Taliban foments prejudice and undermines peace and security for all.

“We welcome the clarification by Congresswoman Omar that there is no moral equivalency between the U.S. and Israel and Hamas and the Taliban,” Pelosi continued.

I didn't see if any of you discussed the ridiculous Omar and her full idiocy being on display this week. Here is a woman who is freely elected in a country in which she has rights that no woman has with Hamas, the Palestinians, and the Taliban, and she puts Israel and the US in the same category.

The silence from the leftist wing of the Democratic Party is not at all golden.

You keep missing the point.

What she says may be considered unsavory but at bottom she isn’t wrong. Too much hyperbole for my taste but I understand where she’s coming from.

The situation in the ME is in so many varying shades of grey your absolutism is misplaced.

Talk about missing the point!

The US and Israel are NOT terrorist organizations committed to a patriarchal society in which women have little or no tights and hold no positions of power.  Tlaib and Omar would have no voice with the Taliban, the Palestinians, of Hamas, yet use their freedom here to support regimes that abuse women as a matter of routine.

Sorry, but they're idiots. They're free to express their idiocy, but they're "point"  is as full of shit as anyone who days they have one.

Unfortunately for you they are American Members of Congress and can say what they believe.

The US and Israel’s policies in dealing with Palestinians is what keeps Hamas relevant.

Like Peggy Noonan said in your excerpt:

“Good policy is good politics.”

Keep the electricity and water on 24/7. Allow freedom of movement so people can earn livings and dial back on the settlements.

Folks with hope and ambition don’t have time to fuck around with terrorists.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9184 on: June 11, 2021, 11:00:06 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9185 on: June 11, 2021, 11:13:58 PM »

Fucking Moderate Democrats are the bane of real progress.

You win elections to gain the power to enact legislation. WTF is it with the motherfucking “moderates?”

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/dianne-feinstein-filibuster/

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: June 11, 2021, 11:26:13 PM »

Do our less left-leaning members think that Trump's directing the DoJ to get congressional members' and families' data was appropriate?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/11/politics/justice-department-apple-congress-leak-investigation/index.html

There is a Trump forum for this.

The Biden administration must decide who loses jobs and who does time over the many misdeeds of the skanky imposter he took the country back from.

We’ll judge Biden in part by the courage of his convictions. There need to be boat loads of convictions up and down the human centipede that is the republican party, the first institution to fall to the malignant narcissist and thief.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9187 on: June 11, 2021, 11:31:06 PM »

A short trip back in time...

I think I got it right back then.

“When voters see Democrats moving people-friendly policies through the House, only to have Republicans kill those bills in the Senate, it will not reflect well electorally for the GOP.

The good guys shouldn’t worry about Republican tropes, like the number of Democratic candidates. As always, the cream will rise to the top. We must focus instead on holding on to the House while capturing a majority in the Senate.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/05/09/what-should-the-good-guys-do-in-the-wake-of-barrs-infamy/

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: June 11, 2021, 11:36:51 PM »

A boy named Sue was mentioned here earlier.

IRL,

http://www.vice.com/en/article/m7e7w8/cop-arrested-for-capitol-hill-riot-just-wanted-to-fuck-up-some-commies

He needs a gen pop facility with large communal showers.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs…

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: June 11, 2021, 11:39:58 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jun/11/rupert-murdoch-writes-down-value-of-sun-newspapers-to-zero

Worthless.

The same can be said of all Bambi’s sources.

I have a nickel saved to buy his #1 radio host at the liquidation sale.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: June 12, 2021, 12:11:54 AM »

A short trip back in time...

I think I got it right back then.

“When voters see Democrats moving people-friendly policies through the House, only to have Republicans kill those bills in the Senate, it will not reflect well electorally for the GOP.

The good guys shouldn’t worry about Republican tropes, like the number of Democratic candidates. As always, the cream will rise to the top. We must focus instead on holding on to the House while capturing a majority in the Senate.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/05/09/what-should-the-good-guys-do-in-the-wake-of-barrs-infamy/

Larry you've left out a few factors

Covid and Trump's mismanagement of the pandemic lost him the election.

That and a near dead economy with 10 million people out of work. And another 10 million wondering if they were next to either lose their job or get infected.

If Trump had listened to science and not looked so hopelessly incompetent he probably would have been re-elected, the House Dem losses have been greater, and the two Ga Senate seats would have likely stayed red.

If took 600,000 dead Americans, a near paralyzed economy, and a broad coalition of Americans marching in the streets in protest over George Floyd, to save the '20 election and American democracy.

I hope the Dems don't piss away the life line over the next year or so.

But other than that, you nailed it.

LMAO
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 12:19:27 AM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: June 12, 2021, 01:40:57 AM »

Putin just affirmed America chose its leader correctly this time.

Good job, us!

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: June 12, 2021, 04:45:42 AM »

No we do not need an uncontrolled influx of anchor babies and to support a rogue terrorist run state. The rest is mostly good but don't forget the vets and the homeless. Have to admire the way Kamala has evolved
from being a campaigner to facing crisis reality as the VP. 
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 2928