Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757578 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9285 on: June 13, 2021, 04:46:36 PM »

I wouldn't pay $15.00 a month for Maher.

Oh...  Same argument then.  I get it.  So yeah, there might be a couple of clowns arguing that progress in the rights of Gays (or African-Americans) has not been made; it's still a fair argument that not enough progress has been made and not fast enough.  Guess which "argument" the Maher's of the world focus on.
So you do get his point.
You just don’t agree with it.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: June 13, 2021, 04:52:33 PM »

I got his point after he explained it. 

I didn’t get it when he asked how I celebrated Gay Pride Month when I was younger. Thus the “oh” when he explained his question.

You don’t read well do you?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: June 13, 2021, 05:03:54 PM »

Maher has been getting weaker and weaker over the last couple of years. His bookers still find interesting guests. It would be a better show if they axed the host and just let the guests speak. Not sure the conservatives would come on without a host like Maher to hold their hands and tell them not to be afraid. It is what it is.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: June 13, 2021, 05:11:28 PM »

I wouldn't pay $15.00 a month for Maher.

Oh...  Same argument then.  I get it.  So yeah, there might be a couple of clowns arguing that progress in the rights of Gays (or African-Americans) has not been made; it's still a fair argument that not enough progress has been made and not fast enough.  Guess which "argument" the Maher's of the world focus on.

Yes more progress can always be made on anything. Social change takes time to change hearts and minds and laws.

But that was not Maher's point.

Maher's point I believe is that the avoidance of facts by the oh so woke is a problem.

As best as I can tell you and I are the only one to have seen Maher's comments in their entirety, or I know I did. Yet once the tone was set down by Elba's council of woke, that Maher is just a spoiled pot-smoking libertarian, taking a white boy's path of priviledge, yada, yada, yada, the politically correct view had been established, all without watching the actual editorial.

So a fact-free condemnation, mostly because the messengers sit outside the council. 

Elba proved Maher's point.   
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 05:13:52 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9289 on: June 13, 2021, 05:13:05 PM »

One of the phrases we head adults say when we were kids have been borne out as truth in the present day.

“Three steps forward, two steps back...”

The 15th Amendment was passed in 1870 but the reality of voting rights for black people wasn’t codified until 1965, ninety five years later with the VRA.I was all of seven years old at the time.

2013 the SCOTUS under John Roberts guts the VRA section requiring states to pass muster with the DOJ before passing fucked up laws designed to deny black voters access to the polls.

Black folks flex their voting power in 2020 and across the nation GOP legislatures are cramming through party line votes on laws designed to deny the ballot to who? Actually everyone but the target is the black electorate.

1850 the Fugitive Slave Act basically took away the rights of ANY black person and goddamn if the police can take your life for jaywalking, being in mental distress or just not kissing a cop’s ass hard enough fast enough, but whoopee!

We done come a long way baby so raise the banners, bow your heads and give thanks to the munificent white folks who need to pat themselves on the back because  they don’t fuck us up as much as they used to.

Yeah, we’ve made progress but if it was you would you be satisfied?

Fuck Bill Maher.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: June 13, 2021, 05:14:52 PM »

I didn’t get it when he asked how I celebrated Gay Pride Month when I was younger. Thus the “oh” when he explained his question.

Better than you.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: June 13, 2021, 05:15:27 PM »

And you never told me how you celebrated GAY PRIDE Month as a kid.

heh

I am pretty sure I don't celebrate PRIDE as Kid does. Or as you do, for that matter.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: June 13, 2021, 05:16:10 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/live-updates/coronavirus/?id=74456908&cid=clicksource_4380645_4_three_posts_card_hed

Rhode Island entered a two-week pause Monday, shuttering bars, gyms, movie theaters, bowling allies and indoor sporting facilities. But unlike in many other states, schools will remain open.

"We've really got to shut it down for those two weeks," Gov. Gina Raimondo said at a Nov. 19 press conference. "Because if we do, we can slowly crank up after those two weeks and make it through the end of the year."

The Ocean State may have it right.
Isn’t this a few months old?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: June 13, 2021, 05:18:17 PM »

And you never told me how you celebrated GAY PRIDE Month as a kid.

heh

I am pretty sure I don't celebrate PRIDE as Kid does. Or as you do, for that matter.

The Parade's usually a good show.

I think Kid listens to Judy Garland albums with Lindsay Graham.

LMAO

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: June 13, 2021, 05:21:12 PM »

Better than you.
I don’t doubt it. Determining what to plagiarize requires careful reading.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: June 13, 2021, 05:33:25 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/13/us/houston-methodist-covid-vaccine-lawsuit/index.html

Judge upholds hospital's vaccination requirement for employees.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: June 13, 2021, 05:34:12 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: June 13, 2021, 05:51:50 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: June 13, 2021, 05:53:45 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 2928