Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757644 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9315 on: June 13, 2021, 10:11:32 PM »

Just a heads up on progress

My ancestors have waited 3,000 years for progress, and prejudice to disappear, and at times its a fucking slow process, and at times it one step forward, 10 miles back. So you might have to wait a little longer.

And as you haven't watched Maher in years, your comments about something you did not see, and just your perceived impression of Maher's nature, in an attempt to stifle his voice, make your comments pretty irrelevant.   

I give them no weight.

Other are free to weigh them as they see fit.

”My ancestors have waited 3,000 years for progress, and prejudice to disappear, and at times its a fucking slow process, and at times it one step forward, 10 miles back. So you might have to wait a little longer.”

You give nothing I say any weight banks so I think we’re done here because we’ve covered this ground before and evidently to no avail.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 10:14:36 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: June 13, 2021, 10:31:02 PM »

Hey it's Strawman Ham.    I haven't met any progressives who think no progress has been made on civil rights.   

They're just not complacent because some progress has been made.

I think that Maher made a pretty good point,
Of course YOU do. But you are a.racist.
and no here on the left seems to know how to counter it other than to attack Maher or to dismiss the comment as being irrelevant to the broader discussion on the extremist views of the left.
Except that is what Holly Martins just did. It is a strawman.
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: June 13, 2021, 10:37:25 PM »

My ancestors have waited 3,000 years for progress, and prejudice to disappear, and at times its a fucking slow process, and at times it one step forward, 10 miles back. So you might have to wait a little longer.

And as you haven't watched Maher in years, your comments about something you did not see, and just your perceived impression of Maher's nature, in an attempt to stifle his voice, make your comments pretty irrelevant.   

I give them no weight.

”My ancestors have waited 3,000 years for progress, and prejudice to disappear, and at times its a fucking slow process, and at times it one step forward, 10 miles back. So you might have to wait a little longer.”

You give nothing I say any weight banks so I think we’re done here because we’ve covered this ground before and evidently to no avail.

Larry you misconstrued my words. I gave no weight to your Maher comments as they were wholly uninformed as to the specific matter that was being discussed.

When you say something of value, I'll listen and weigh accordingly, as I try to do for everyone here.

and

Re the very bolded above which you hi-lighted 

You might want to pick up a good book, or THE GOOD BOOK to pass the time.

Hope the back's coming around

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: June 13, 2021, 10:41:28 PM »

I give them no weight.

No effort to stifle his voice.

"just your perceived impression?!"

As opposed to yours or Ham's or mine? All of us have only our perceptions, impressions, or whatever.

But the claim that Maher is a libertarian is not anybody's perception but Bill Maher's:
I’m a libertarian,” he said to Rolling Stone (4/13/11). “I would be a Republican if they would. Which means that I like the Barry Goldwater Republican Party, even the Reagan Republican Party.”

Sure doesn't sound like a liberal to me, Banks, for all that he has also claimed that mantle (while using the right wing "PC" term).
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: June 13, 2021, 10:50:34 PM »

I think if you listen to Maher, and I've watched him pretty regularly for 15+ years, on our 2-party model, he's more or less on a liberal Dem side of the balance on most issues.

But even if he were just a pot-smoking libertarian, rich white guy, he had an opinion that was open to discussion here, but it was dismissed out of hand because he was just a "pot-smoking libertarian" and his opinion here was stifled by the Elba Council of Woke.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9320 on: June 13, 2021, 10:57:53 PM »

I give them no weight.

Larry you misconstrued my words. I gave no weight to your Maher comments as they were wholly uninformed as to the specific matter that was being discussed.

When you say something of value, I'll listen and weigh accordingly, as I try to do for everyone here.

and

Re the very bolded above which you hi-lighted 

You might want to pick up a good book, or THE GOOD BOOK to pass the time.

Hope the back's coming around

Plotz!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: June 13, 2021, 11:01:40 PM »

I think if you listen to Maher, and I've watched him pretty regularly for 15+ years, on our 2-party model, he's more or less on a liberal Dem side of the balance on most issues.

But even if he were just a pot-smoking libertarian, rich white guy, he had an opinion that was open to discussion here, but it was dismissed out of hand because he was just a "pot-smoking libertarian" and his opinion here was stifled by the Elba Council of Woke.

I used to listen to all of it. I listen to highlights now.

He espouses some liberal positions. He espouses some very not liberal positions.

And when he tells me that he would be a Rockefeller or maybe Reagan Republican, I believe him more than I believe you.

His opinion here was not stifled by anybody just as your calling names like the absurd "Elba Council of Woke" has not stifled theirs.

Is anybody preventing you or any other poster from quoting Maher or reposting his show? Bo.

Then it is not stifled.

Maybe if I started deleting it, you could make the claim that Maher's voice was being stifled here. But then you would need to figure out what excuse for including me in the ECoW.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: June 13, 2021, 11:13:32 PM »

He espouses some liberal positions. He espouses some very not liberal positions.

And when he tells me that he would be a Rockefeller or maybe Reagan Republican, I believe him more than I believe you.

His opinion here was not stifled by anybody just as your calling names like the absurd "Elba Council of Woke" has not stifled theirs.

Is anybody preventing you or any other poster from quoting Maher or reposting his show? Bo.

Then it is not stifled.

Maybe if I started deleting it, you could make the claim that Maher's voice was being stifled here. But then you would need to figure out what excuse for including me in the ECoW.

Go back and read Red's initial post and then Larry's dismissive response and the ones that followed.

And you are free to draw whatever conclusion you want to, just as I did. 

And I'm wholly comfortable if we disagree.

You're approval is not my north star.

and good luck finding a Rockefeller Rep in the R-party.

But if you look in the Dem caucus you'd fare much better.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 11:16:11 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: June 13, 2021, 11:28:09 PM »

The fluffers of this rearguard action of the dying white world, like Maher and some posters here,  seem very but-hurt when they get called out for trying to squash valid opinions that go over their heads and zip past their noses.

I think that’s why they are working so hard to misappropriate the term “woke”. I don’t think it will convince a single soul to shut up and accept the injustice being heaped on them like proverbial meek. But if your allegiance has put you deep in the rearguard, there may not be any plays left to get the results you want. Looking at things that way, all the old white bitching make makes much more sense.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: June 13, 2021, 11:48:38 PM »

Fac toss some sun-dried tomatoes, maybe some red onions into your word salad, maybe some Italian cold cuts, or provolone, pepperocini, and it might give it some substance and flavor. Because on a stand alone basis your post is as empty of content as possible.

Larry might give you a hug though.

LMAO

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9325 on: June 14, 2021, 12:00:55 AM »

”Go back and read Red's initial post and then Larry's dismissive response and the ones that followed.”

Since when am I obligated to respond to Red?

Since when am I obligated to respond to Ham/Uno/Utley?

How am I stifling Maher’s speech by deciding I’m not going to watch his show?

I told everyone why I don’t give a shit what Maher has to say so I have to hear “Oh, you think your people had it bad?”

To “your don’t say anything of value...” if nothing I say has weight or value why do you insist I engage in a discussion over what Maher had to say?

This is becoming a pattern. Ham who has been nothing but an asshole DEMANDS I answer his queries.

I tell him to go screw and here comes Banks to insist I engage with a fucking racist asshole.
Why is that, Jenna? Huh? Come on Jenna, tell me why I have to give Utley the time of day.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: June 14, 2021, 12:39:27 AM »

Then it is not stifled.

Go back and read Red's initial post and then Larry's dismissive response and the ones that followed.

You seem to be confusing "disagreed with" or even "reviled" with stifled, Banks.

No matter how dismissive anybody's post is of what Bill Maher had to say, it doesn't stifle[/i] what Maher had to say.

Ward's post did not go away. It wasn't blocked.

Maher's comments were not stifled, no matter how much you insist that they were. They were certainly not amplified by Larry, Fac, Yank, etc., but they were by you and Ham.

How then "stifled?"

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: June 14, 2021, 01:09:13 AM »

The fluffers of this rearguard action of the dying white world, like Maher and some posters here,  seem very but-hurt when they get called out for trying to squash valid opinions that go over their heads and zip past their noses.

I think that’s why they are working so hard to misappropriate the term “woke”. I don’t think it will convince a single soul to shut up and accept the injustice being heaped on them like proverbial meek. But if your allegiance has put you deep in the rearguard, there may not be any plays left to get the results you want. Looking at things that way, all the old white bitching make makes much more sense.

Well in the 'dying White world' of yours, as luck would have it, Australian warships will be joining the British Navy strike group in exercises to be held in Asia Pacific in a show of force to China, and "Japan backs Australia against China threat."...meaning the chances of my becoming a laundry and/or sex slave of invading China are becoming more remote every day.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 01:13:38 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: June 14, 2021, 01:16:05 AM »

Fac toss some sun-dried tomatoes, maybe some red onions into your word salad, maybe some Italian cold cuts, or provolone, pepperocini, and it might give it some substance and flavor. Because on a stand alone basis your post is as empty of content as possible.

Larry might give you a hug though.

LMAO

Sounds good. Before I take a bite, I’ll say a little prayer to Cesar Chavez, Delores Huerta, and other saints of the farm workers movement.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: June 14, 2021, 04:57:08 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/06/13/jesse-jackson-jr-warned-us-about-democracy-its-hobbling-on-one-broken-leg-and-drunk/

Makes a much more coherent and well founded argument than Maher. That is probably because Jackson is a serious person prone to serious thinking and Maher is not.
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 2928