Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757281 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9525 on: June 15, 2021, 07:00:06 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/06/15/why-the-panic-over-critical-race-theory-is-the-perfect-right-wing-troll/

“a Voltron of racist paranoia”

No, Ham. You don’t get to form the head.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: June 15, 2021, 07:22:50 PM »

http://thebulwark.com/the-civil-war-they-seek/

Red and UNO’s favorite “intellectual argument” seems mostly made of rancid weak cheese.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: June 15, 2021, 08:03:05 PM »

ROFL

Big Huntsman spider...often found inside homes, usually on the walls...you walk into a room, could be the bedroom, living room, any room...and there it is.
The reaction...some people just leave them alone "they're killing the mosquitoes and flies". Some freak out and scream in absolute fear. Not very venomous, not fatal, just first aid, usually.
bambu of course, if bitten would be calling an ambulance. lol
I just get the vacuum cleaner and suck said spider off the wall with the wand. Spider all gone.
Can't just be leaving them alone, they multiply profusely.

Atrax Robustus, Sydney[& East Coast] Funnel Web Spider is a different matter entirely.
Crawls around on the floor, taking refuge in shoes, handbags, clothes left on floor, laundry baskets with clothes left on floor etc.
Male the most venomous, 5 times more venomous than the female...one bite and you die...but their is an anti-venom...no one has died in the decades since it was invented.
Still, you don't want it biting you.
Lives in shade, damp, ...hates the sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPOyiEj_sBA
Tim Faulkner Finds Two Funnel Web Spiders In Friends House!

Yikes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFmAaYtYTV4
Unboxing The Funnel-Web
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9530 on: June 15, 2021, 08:17:34 PM »

http://thebulwark.com/the-civil-war-they-seek/

Red and UNO’s favorite “intellectual argument” seems mostly made of rancid weak cheese.

I filched the American Greatness essay from this post.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #9531 on: June 15, 2021, 08:19:16 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/06/15/why-the-panic-over-critical-race-theory-is-the-perfect-right-wing-troll/

“a Voltron of racist paranoia”

No, Ham. You don’t get to form the head.

Good article. 

Yet with so many white people across the country in a total freak out over "critical race theory," it appears few, if any, of them could even explain what it actually is. That's because, despite what Fox News is telling them, critical race theory — the actual academic framework that was developed in law schools to understand the historical reasons our legal system perpetuates racial inequalities — is not, in fact, being taught to 3rd graders or even 11th graders. Claims otherwise are a complete lie, ginned up by right-wing propagandists who are desperate to keep the GOP base whipped into a racist frenzy.... 

And

The word "theory," in particular, has a long history of setting off poorly educated conservative voters who think it just means "not facts" and don't know that, in academia, it is used to mean an analytical framework for developing factual information. Think of the hysterics around evolutionary theory, for instance, which many conservatives would dismiss as "just a theory," not grasping that it was empirically sound.   

Nailed it.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #9532 on: June 15, 2021, 08:30:40 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/14/weather/heat-wave-forecast-west-wildfire-drought/index.html

275 new highs forecast.

99 here in the Black Hills.   We're getting a piece of this.   I've been upgrading the basement,  so we can spend more time down there.   Yards turning brown already, which usually doesn't happen until August or late July. 

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: June 15, 2021, 08:50:41 PM »

Some similarities between the CRT troll and the Omar troll.

By the time Republicans and centrist Democrats had united late last week to scold Representative Ilhan Omar for a tweet—one of the few pastimes that still draw the two parties together, and something those selfsame chiders would doubtlessly decry, under different circumstances, as cancel culture or censorship—it no longer mattered what, exactly, Omar had said. They had already managed to make a news cycle out of it: mission accomplished.

Now, following Democratic outrage and Republican calls for a floor vote to strip Omar of her committee assignments, let me record the following for posterity: Omar demonstrably did not say what she’s been accused of having said; what she did say was true; and every politico using this opportunity to take a swing at her likely knows those two things—they just think you don’t...   

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/06/what-ilhan-omar-actually-said/619196/

I doubt any bashers here will read all of this article and concede any of its factual points,  but YNK.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: June 15, 2021, 09:07:53 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: June 15, 2021, 09:22:47 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/14/weather/heat-wave-forecast-west-wildfire-drought/index.html

275 new highs forecast.

99 here in the Black Hills.   We're getting a piece of this.   I've been upgrading the basement,  so we can spend more time down there.   Yards turning brown already, which usually doesn't happen until August or late July.
99? Sweater weather.
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: June 15, 2021, 09:25:46 PM »

Attempts to reach Charmie Curry, the director of diversity, equity and inclusion for Wellesley Public Schools, via email an on her work phone were unsuccessful.

She was at a Quentin Tarantino film festival.

I used to work as a counter/delivery kid at a drug store in Wellesley when I was 16-17.

I got great deals, on smokes, popsicles, and rubbers that never got used.

heh

a very affluent community about 15 miles from Boston.

schmucks couldn't tipped for shit.

I think ratting out friends,family and colleagues first caught on in the '30s. It was very European, spread over the continent.
It leads to a very open society.

I can't see a problem in Wellesley or Weston, those tight-assed WASPS will just tell their jokes at the club.

And chuckle.

But fucking Lexington and Concord, where battles for freedom were first fought in this country, they might get a little pissed.

My Natick friends call it "Swellsley".
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: June 15, 2021, 09:26:26 PM »

thanks to those who have provided their political ID, but if you could

Can you "check the boxes" that comes closest to pigeon-holing you as I will be trying to comp the Elba self-ID to a larger standardized pool of data. And I'd rather not try to interpret your puzzle pieces.

And my oversight, should have included an Indy party affiliation, but the real definer is the ideology label.

thanks for playing
I did not respond because I reject the labels. 

But you apply them to everyone else.
Nope. Not everyone. But I call out racism when I see it. Racist.

Sure, Pedophile Priest Protector.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: June 15, 2021, 09:27:14 PM »

Leaders of a Massachusetts public school system are encouraging students and staff to file complaints against one another for telling rude jokes, referring to the “China virus,” and committing microaggressions or other “incidents of bias,” according to newly uncovered documents from the district’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.

The documents were released by Parents Defending Education, a nonprofit that fights against indoctrination in American classrooms and activist-driven agendas in schools. The documents include Wellesley Public Schools’ policy on “Responding to Incidents of Bias or Discrimination,” and slides from a staff equity protocols training course.

Courts have found that policies like Wellesley’s can have a chilling effect on speech. A decision last year from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals said a similar reporting policy at the University of Texas, enforced by the school’s Campus Climate Response Team, “represents the clenched fist in the velvet glove of student speech regulation.”

Attempts to reach Charmie Curry, the director of diversity, equity and inclusion for Wellesley Public Schools, via email an on her work phone were unsuccessful.

Ryan Mills
Tue, June 15, 2021, 8:16 AM EDT

Leaders of a Massachusetts public school system are encouraging students and staff to file complaints against one another for telling rude jokes, referring to the “China virus,” and committing microaggressions or other “incidents of bias,” according to newly uncovered documents from the district’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.

The documents were released by Parents Defending Education, a nonprofit that fights against indoctrination in American classrooms and activist-driven agendas in schools. The documents include Wellesley Public Schools’ policy on “Responding to Incidents of Bias or Discrimination,” and slides from a staff equity protocols training course.

Courts have found that policies like Wellesley’s can have a chilling effect on speech. A decision last year from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals said a similar reporting policy at the University of Texas, enforced by the school’s Campus Climate Response Team, “represents the clenched fist in the velvet glove of student speech regulation.”

The Wellesley policy states that “discrimination based on ancestry, race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability or any other state or federally protected category is not tolerated.” An incident of bias is defined as “any biased conduct, speech or expression that has an impact but may not involve criminal action, but demonstrates conscious or unconscious bias that targets individuals or groups that are part of a federally protected class.”

Students are encouraged to report incidents of discrimination “or any concerning pattern of biased behavior” to any district staff member or a trusted adult.

“Reports of any concerning behavior may be made anonymously,” according to the policy, though it adds that, “Anonymous reports are more difficult to investigate and respond to.”

https://news.yahoo.com/massachusetts-public-school-district-encourages-121641755.html

They did that in the Cultural Revolution in China, as was pointed out, yesterday, much to our local leftists' dismay.

So nice he had to post it twice!

Cultural Revolution... hyperbole much?

You’re a sucker for Koch sponsored propaganda.

You're an idiot who can't think for yourself.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: June 15, 2021, 09:30:03 PM »

Speaking of ‘American Greatness’ I don’t agree with everything this guy says but he does get his point across...

“...  All Americans, especially all white Americans are to blame 

https://amgreatness.com/2021/06/14/grievance-and-forgiveness-or-civil-strife/

Bullfuckingshit. He's just another bigot looking for cash.
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 2928