Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 2928

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757262 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9540 on: June 15, 2021, 09:34:30 PM »

Leaders of a Massachusetts public school system are encouraging students and staff to file complaints against one another for telling rude jokes, referring to the “China virus,” and committing microaggressions or other “incidents of bias,” according to newly uncovered documents from the district’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.

The documents were released by Parents Defending Education, a nonprofit that fights against indoctrination in American classrooms and activist-driven agendas in schools. The documents include Wellesley Public Schools’ policy on “Responding to Incidents of Bias or Discrimination,” and slides from a staff equity protocols training course.

Courts have found that policies like Wellesley’s can have a chilling effect on speech. A decision last year from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals said a similar reporting policy at the University of Texas, enforced by the school’s Campus Climate Response Team, “represents the clenched fist in the velvet glove of student speech regulation.”

Attempts to reach Charmie Curry, the director of diversity, equity and inclusion for Wellesley Public Schools, via email an on her work phone were unsuccessful.

Ryan Mills
Tue, June 15, 2021, 8:16 AM EDT

Leaders of a Massachusetts public school system are encouraging students and staff to file complaints against one another for telling rude jokes, referring to the “China virus,” and committing microaggressions or other “incidents of bias,” according to newly uncovered documents from the district’s Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.

The documents were released by Parents Defending Education, a nonprofit that fights against indoctrination in American classrooms and activist-driven agendas in schools. The documents include Wellesley Public Schools’ policy on “Responding to Incidents of Bias or Discrimination,” and slides from a staff equity protocols training course.

Courts have found that policies like Wellesley’s can have a chilling effect on speech. A decision last year from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals said a similar reporting policy at the University of Texas, enforced by the school’s Campus Climate Response Team, “represents the clenched fist in the velvet glove of student speech regulation.”

Attempts to reach Charmie Curry, the director of diversity, equity and inclusion for Wellesley Public Schools, via email an on her work phone were unsuccessful.

The Wellesley policy states that “discrimination based on ancestry, race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability or any other state or federally protected category is not tolerated.” An incident of bias is defined as “any biased conduct, speech or expression that has an impact but may not involve criminal action, but demonstrates conscious or unconscious bias that targets individuals or groups that are part of a federally protected class.”

Students are encouraged to report incidents of discrimination “or any concerning pattern of biased behavior” to any district staff member or a trusted adult.

“Reports of any concerning behavior may be made anonymously,” according to the policy, though it adds that, “Anonymous reports are more difficult to investigate and respond to.”

https://news.yahoo.com/massachusetts-public-school-district-encourages-121641755.html

They did that in the Cultural Revolution in China, as was pointed out, yesterday, much to our local leftists' dismay.

So nice he had to post it twice!

Cultural Revolution... hyperbole much?

You’re a sucker for Koch sponsored propaganda.

You're an idiot who can't think for yourself.

I know bullshit when I smell it or read it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: June 15, 2021, 09:35:16 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/politics/oil-gas-lease-pause-biden-administration/index.html

A judge has temporarily blocked Biden's cessation of the oil and gas leases.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9542 on: June 15, 2021, 09:36:04 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/politics/oil-gas-lease-pause-biden-administration/index.html

A judge has temporarily blocked Biden's cessation of the oil and gas leases.

Big oil flexing again..,
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9543 on: June 15, 2021, 09:37:06 PM »

Speaking of ‘American Greatness’ I don’t agree with everything this guy says but he does get his point across...

“...  All Americans, especially all white Americans are to blame 

https://amgreatness.com/2021/06/14/grievance-and-forgiveness-or-civil-strife/

Did you read... oh never mind. <snicker>

Bullfuckingshit. He's just another bigot looking for cash.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9544 on: June 15, 2021, 09:39:33 PM »

Speaking of ‘American Greatness’ I don’t agree with everything this guy says but he does get his point across...

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: June 15, 2021, 09:41:10 PM »

Some similarities between the CRT troll and the Omar troll.

By the time Republicans and centrist Democrats had united late last week to scold Representative Ilhan Omar for a tweet—one of the few pastimes that still draw the two parties together, and something those selfsame chiders would doubtlessly decry, under different circumstances, as cancel culture or censorship—it no longer mattered what, exactly, Omar had said. They had already managed to make a news cycle out of it: mission accomplished.

Now, following Democratic outrage and Republican calls for a floor vote to strip Omar of her committee assignments, let me record the following for posterity: Omar demonstrably did not say what she’s been accused of having said; what she did say was true; and every politico using this opportunity to take a swing at her likely knows those two things—they just think you don’t...   

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/06/what-ilhan-omar-actually-said/619196/

I doubt any bashers here will read all of this article and concede any of its factual points,  but YNK.

Read the whole thing. The key takeaway during the excuse-making that was offered: "remember that Twitter forces concision".

Oh, okay. She was done in by the limits of Twitter, because there were no other avenues for her to clearly express her opinion in a manner that no one could misunderstand. Riiiiigghhhhhttt.

And this closing statement, "Never has a political party traded so much principle for so little power" is thrown in with nothing to back it up.

But go ahead and support that Anti-Semite, anti-democracy, pro-Hamas, pro-Taliban member of Congress as you choose.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: June 15, 2021, 09:41:54 PM »

Do you think....oh never mind <guffaw>
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: June 15, 2021, 09:48:39 PM »

THEN:

AND NOW:

ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9548 on: June 15, 2021, 09:52:30 PM »

Did you read the article?

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: June 15, 2021, 10:04:51 PM »

January 1, 1892. Do you know the significance of that day? If you do, you know how ridiculous it is to make a statement such as "All Americans, especially all white Americans are to blame".

So, fuck that asshole. And the article.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9550 on: June 15, 2021, 10:10:46 PM »

January 1, 1892. Do you know the significance of that day? If you do, you know how ridiculous it is to make a statement such as "All Americans, especially all white Americans are to blame".

So, fuck that asshole. And the article.

Oh man, this is so funny.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: June 15, 2021, 10:31:20 PM »

By the time Republicans and centrist Democrats had united late last week to scold Representative Ilhan Omar for a tweet—one of the few pastimes that still draw the two parties together, and something those selfsame chiders would doubtlessly decry, under different circumstances, as cancel culture or censorship—it no longer mattered what, exactly, Omar had said. They had already managed to make a news cycle out of it: mission accomplished.

Now, following Democratic outrage and Republican calls for a floor vote to strip Omar of her committee assignments, let me record the following for posterity: Omar demonstrably did not say what she’s been accused of having said; what she did say was true; and every politico using this opportunity to take a swing at her likely knows those two things—they just think you don’t...   

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/06/what-ilhan-omar-actually-said/619196/

I doubt any bashers here will read all of this article and concede any of its factual points,  but YNK.

OC

You would be wrong. I read the article.

and without parsing every argument made, it seems the author's point hinged on Omar telling the truth.

I think Omar told a truth, but not the truth.

Have atrocities  been committed in war, yes. Can we judge relativity or context?

We should.

Did Omar?

In my opinion she did not. If she did, she would have been more circumspect in her argument and approach.

Should I equate the atrocities committed by the Germans and Japanese in WW2 with those committed by the US?

Were the victims of US atrocities any less victimized?

that seems to be Omar's argument.

I will leave it to others far more pure than I to make that call.

Further, as already posted, Omar used a very limited platform in Twitter.

A nuanced and complicated matter as this is, would have been far better addressed in a speech or a multi-page press release. Not a 200 character post. And she knew better, and her press people knew better.

But she knowingly grabbed some publicity off the blood of victims by issuing a headline grabbing tweet that appealed to certain of her supporters. She now says that the obvious false equivalence of her tweet was not meant in the manner it was received.

Bullshit.

So I read the article, and agree she told a truth.

But not the truth.

Fuck her.

ymmv
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 10:34:23 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9552 on: June 15, 2021, 10:44:34 PM »

OC

and without parsing every argument made, it seems the author's point hinged on Omar telling the truth.

Have atrocities  been committed in war, yes. Can we judge relativity or context?

We should.

Did Omar?

In my opinion she did not. If she did, she would have been more circumspect in her argument and approach.

Should I equate the atrocities committed by the Germans and Japanese in WW2 with those committed by the US?

A nuanced and complicated matter as this is, would have been far better addressed in a speech or a multi-page press release. Not a 200 character post. And she knew better, and her press people knew better.

But she knowingly grabbed some publicity off the blood of victims by issuing a headline grabbing tweet that appealed to certain of her supporters. She now says that the obvious false equivalence of her tweet was not meant in the manner it was received.

Bullshit.

But not the truth.

Fuck her.

ymmv

“Truth isn’t truth!”

Rudy Giuliani 2018

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: June 15, 2021, 10:52:17 PM »

OC

We should.

Did Omar?

Bullshit.

But not the truth.

Fuck her.

ymmv

“Truth isn’t truth!”

Rudy Giuliani 2018

There's a difference between "a truth" and "the truth".

Omar should have known the difference, and I suspect she did, but she opted for publicity written in the blood of war victims.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 10:54:05 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9554 on: June 15, 2021, 10:53:20 PM »

“The fact that there are extremist elements for whom the flag of Israel represents hate and racism is revolting and unforgivable,” Lapid tweeted. “It is incomprehensible that people can hold the Israeli flag in one hand and shout ‘Death to Arabs’ at the same time. This isn’t Judaism or Israeliness, and it is definitely not what our flag symbolizes. These people are a disgrace to the nation of Israel.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jerusalem-is-ours-nationalist-flag-march-held-under-ramped-up-security/

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 2928