Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757159 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9795 on: June 17, 2021, 05:21:45 PM »

Ya don’t say...

Nearly a dozen of the Fox News guests the network has presented as concerned parents or educators who oppose the teaching of so-called “critical race theory” in schools also have day jobs as Republican strategists, conservative think-tankers, or right-wing media personalities, according to a Media Matters review.

Critical race theory is an academic legal framework which examines the systemic impact of racism in the United States. But “critical race theory,” like “cancel culture” and “political correctness” before it, also functions as an umbrella term the right-wing movement uses to turn its mostly white adherents’ racial anxiety into political energy.

In this case, a sophisticated, nationwide network of conservative think tanks, advocacy groups, media outlets, and GOP officials have seized on the term and, in the words of Christopher Rufo -- a senior fellow at the conservative Manhattan Institute and a key player in the effort -- sought to render it “toxic” and apply to it “the entire range of cultural constructions that are unpopular with Americans.” Republicans have proposed or passed a slew of legislation restricting “critical race theory” and hope to use it as a core part of their political strategy in upcoming local, state, and federal elections.”

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/foxs-anti-critical-race-theory-parents-are-also-gop-activists

GOP activists can be parents, too!

This is unfortunate, for the most part, but they can!

And at least they weren't out-and-out performers!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9796 on: June 17, 2021, 05:22:18 PM »

Young white men from single-parent families, for instance, are more likely to end up in prison than young Black men from intact, two-parent homes.

Wow.

Who woulda thought that?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9797 on: June 17, 2021, 05:23:09 PM »

Ya don’t say...

Nearly a dozen of the Fox News guests the network has presented as concerned parents or educators who oppose the teaching of so-called “critical race theory” in schools also have day jobs as Republican strategists, conservative think-tankers, or right-wing media personalities, according to a Media Matters review.

Critical race theory is an academic legal framework which examines the systemic impact of racism in the United States. But “critical race theory,” like “cancel culture” and “political correctness” before it, also functions as an umbrella term the right-wing movement uses to turn its mostly white adherents’ racial anxiety into political energy.

In this case, a sophisticated, nationwide network of conservative think tanks, advocacy groups, media outlets, and GOP officials have seized on the term and, in the words of Christopher Rufo -- a senior fellow at the conservative Manhattan Institute and a key player in the effort -- sought to render it “toxic” and apply to it “the entire range of cultural constructions that are unpopular with Americans.” Republicans have proposed or passed a slew of legislation restricting “critical race theory” and hope to use it as a core part of their political strategy in upcoming local, state, and federal elections.”

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/foxs-anti-critical-race-theory-parents-are-also-gop-activists

GOP activists can be parents, too!

This is unfortunate, for the most part, but they can!

And at least they weren't out-and-out performers!

But they are performers... just like the Brooks Bros Riot.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9798 on: June 17, 2021, 05:30:48 PM »

Oh you can smell the GOP flop sweat....

Stacey Abrams endorsed Manchin’s proposal and the Republicans freaked.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-voting-bill-stacey-abrams-republicans

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: June 17, 2021, 05:53:04 PM »

Do your brown shirts come back from the cleaners on hangers or bo(x)ed?

He said - knowing that if he was in front of the man he'd have his teeth knocked in.

Internet machismo. Such a good look for you, Kid.

If anyone here remembers rbloom, the mets fan, when we had Mets fan on Elba, he would tell you what a great guy kid is, since Rick actually took time to meet kid.

I met Rick at Citi Field at a Mets-Phillies game a few years ago, and then later I met him to play golf somewhere in Westchester County with Lenny (some of you may remember him, too).

They both told me that they'd met Kid and thought very highly of him. They also provided photographic evidence that Kid wouldn't need "internet machismo", if you actually met him. Enough photographic evidence, too, Professor Josh to show that Kid would kick your ass to the curb six ways from Sunday. But only if you gave him reason.

From what I've gathered through the years, he's one of the guys here with whom one would really want to have a beer.

They were nice folks, those Mets fans Rick especially---but sadly all the Mets fans left for other parts.

If you think they’re good people then I’m sure glad I’ll most likely never meet those motherfuckers.
Yeah, he thinks Da id Duke is good people so there you go.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: June 17, 2021, 06:07:13 PM »

Some of the dumbest reasoning seen outside of this forum!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: June 17, 2021, 06:07:56 PM »

Abrams should try endorsing bills she despises to see if she can make them all go away!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: June 17, 2021, 06:17:56 PM »

Abrams should try endorsing bills she despises to see if she can make them all go away!
GOP hardly  “freaked”, it responded logically.
Manchin’s endorsement is stupid.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9803 on: June 17, 2021, 06:30:51 PM »

Only if you’re afraid all those “voter integrity” laws will now get shit canned.

LOL

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: June 17, 2021, 06:37:39 PM »

"Manchin's endorsement" doesn't exist.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: June 17, 2021, 06:41:31 PM »

1) Saying that I "despise" a "whole segment of society" ...is an assertion for which you have provided no evidence....

Why would he bother,  when you've provided that evidence so amply in your own posts here.

The Council of the Woke has spoken. Therefore, no evidence need be shown.

That's who you've become.

Sad.

People wake up to your skank-ass malignancy every day. There’s like 6 billion people in the council already. The rest just haven’t heard of you yet.

If you watched Spike Lee movies instead of just tacking his name on your endless verbal diarrhea fountain, you’d know something about father roles in his films and their treatment of Black parenthood.

You don’t you insipid cess pot, so you fucking clown yourself proving yet more evidence of how far you’ve slid off your nut, you hopeless wanna be cunt lip.   

If you knew what you were talking about, you'd know that the Spike Lee reference was to Broadway, not a movie, dumbshit.

Run along and break a few more pelican wings.

And maybe someday you'll find out who your parents are.

Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 06:43:52 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #9806 on: June 17, 2021, 06:43:17 PM »

Not sure what "logically" means in Ward's dictionary.   Having a nonpartisan seat on the FEC is an entirely logical step, if you want to encourage an oversight process that's supposed to be nonpartisan.   Attacking any provisions in S1 simply on the basis of who endorsed it,  is an irrational move to deflect real dialog on the merits.   Once again,  the GOP won't negotiate in good faith on a bill the majority of Americans want.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: June 17, 2021, 06:44:43 PM »

Young white men from single-parent families, for instance, are more likely to end up in prison than young Black men from intact, two-parent homes.

Wow.

Who woulda thought that?

People who think, and people who understand family systems.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: June 17, 2021, 06:46:13 PM »

Do your brown shirts come back from the cleaners on hangers or bo(x)ed?

He said - knowing that if he was in front of the man he'd have his teeth knocked in.

Internet machismo. Such a good look for you, Kid.

If anyone here remembers rbloom, the mets fan, when we had Mets fan on Elba, he would tell you what a great guy kid is, since Rick actually took time to meet kid.

I met Rick at Citi Field at a Mets-Phillies game a few years ago, and then later I met him to play golf somewhere in Westchester County with Lenny (some of you may remember him, too).

They both told me that they'd met Kid and thought very highly of him. They also provided photographic evidence that Kid wouldn't need "internet machismo", if you actually met him. Enough photographic evidence, too, Professor Josh to show that Kid would kick your ass to the curb six ways from Sunday. But only if you gave him reason.

From what I've gathered through the years, he's one of the guys here with whom one would really want to have a beer.

They were nice folks, those Mets fans Rick especially---but sadly all the Mets fans left for other parts.

If you think they’re good people then I’m sure glad I’ll most likely never meet those motherfuckers.

It would be your loss. Then again, losing is something you're used to.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: June 17, 2021, 06:47:18 PM »

And you continue to expose yourself, as Kid does himself.

I'm glad Kid is a nice guy.

But "only if you gave him reason" for Kid includes harsh words, whether or not richly deserved.

He made a threat that is only permissible on the internet.

You have no problems with that threat, because you, too, exhibit internet machismo.

You keep insisting that we know nothing about you from your posts. I think you give away more than you ever intended to. And could Kid kick me to the curb? Quite possibly.

SO THE FUCK WHAT?!

Might makes right?!

You're a selective reader, josh.

You apparently skip over the comments of some here. And quite often, too.
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 2927