Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757064 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9840 on: June 17, 2021, 09:25:34 PM »

Do your brown shirts come back from the cleaners on hangers or bo(x)ed?

He said - knowing that if he was in front of the man he'd have his teeth knocked in.

Internet machismo. Such a good look for you, Kid.

If anyone here remembers rbloom, the mets fan, when we had Mets fan on Elba, he would tell you what a great guy kid is, since Rick actually took time to meet kid.

I met Rick at Citi Field at a Mets-Phillies game a few years ago, and then later I met him to play golf somewhere in Westchester County with Lenny (some of you may remember him, too).

They both told me that they'd met Kid and thought very highly of him. They also provided photographic evidence that Kid wouldn't need "internet machismo", if you actually met him. Enough photographic evidence, too, Professor Josh to show that Kid would kick your ass to the curb six ways from Sunday. But only if you gave him reason.

From what I've gathered through the years, he's one of the guys here with whom one would really want to have a beer.

They were nice folks, those Mets fans Rick especially---but sadly all the Mets fans left for other parts.

appreciated
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9841 on: June 17, 2021, 09:25:51 PM »

House Republican member Rosendale:

“I voted against a bill that would make Juneteenth National Independence Day a federal holiday. One of 14 Republicans to do so.

This legislation is the culmination of decades of efforts by the Left to prevent unashamed celebrations of our national story, heritage, and history.

Their intent is to replace the Fourth of July with this new day, one that will inevitably focus on America's darkest moments.

We're not perfect as a country, but we are a great nation, morally, economically, culturally, and in many other ways besides. I will never support efforts to pull down that legacy and replace it with self-hatred.”

Motherfucking snowflakes... maybe he’s afraid there will be some ‘transfer of wealth.’

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: June 17, 2021, 09:27:13 PM »

Its unfortunate Trump fired most of the CDC staff in China just prior to the covid outbreak, severely limiting the ability of any real outside monitoring of the virus and its origin.

Mythology

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: June 17, 2021, 09:27:32 PM »

http://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/mitch-mcconnell-joe-manchin-voting-rights.html

McConnell is pushing Manchin into a position where he’ll say he supports suspending the filibuster until republicans replace Mitch and his leadership team with a totally new leadership team that will let Republican Senators do their work.

It will be the wise, sensible, obvious, right of center choice in the face of the ongoing insurrection.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9844 on: June 17, 2021, 09:29:07 PM »

Do your brown shirts come back from the cleaners on hangers or bo(x)ed?

He said - knowing that if he was in front of the man he'd have his teeth knocked in.

Internet machismo. Such a good look for you, Kid.

If anyone here remembers rbloom, the mets fan, when we had Mets fan on Elba, he would tell you what a great guy kid is, since Rick actually took time to meet kid.

I met Rick at Citi Field at a Mets-Phillies game a few years ago, and then later I met him to play golf somewhere in Westchester County with Lenny (some of you may remember him, too).

They both told me that they'd met Kid and thought very highly of him. They also provided photographic evidence that Kid wouldn't need "internet machismo", if you actually met him. Enough photographic evidence, too, Professor Josh to show that Kid would kick your ass to the curb six ways from Sunday. But only if you gave him reason.

From what I've gathered through the years, he's one of the guys here with whom one would really want to have a beer.

They were nice folks, those Mets fans Rick especially---but sadly all the Mets fans left for other parts.

appreciated

I’ve said the thing about shirts to you on many occasions and if you were standing in front of me I’d say it to your face with both hands on the rollerater I’m using to build back my strength.

You probably could smack me in the teeth.

You’d better have a damn fine lawyer because I have quite a few,
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9845 on: June 17, 2021, 09:29:47 PM »

Its unfortunate Trump fired most of the CDC staff in China just prior to the covid outbreak, severely limiting the ability of any real outside monitoring of the virus and its origin.

Mythology

Got any proof of what you claim?

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: June 17, 2021, 09:30:47 PM »

Amazing how triggered motherfuckers get when ever black folks receive even a whiff of recognition.

This is a big deal. The nation is celebrating the end of chattel slavery but let’s scoff and bitch because some one might some how someway get recognized for the sacrifices of the ancestors.

The irony of the day is while the President was signing the law designating the holiday in the Executive Mansion constructed by enslaved laborers the Senate Minority Leader vowed to block any Voting Rights legislation.

White America needs to grow the fuck up.

I am down for anything as long as the highways arent blocked

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9847 on: June 17, 2021, 09:33:41 PM »

http://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/06/mitch-mcconnell-joe-manchin-voting-rights.html

McConnell is pushing Manchin into a position where he’ll say he supports suspending the filibuster until republicans replace Mitch and his leadership team with a totally new leadership team that will let Republican Senators do their work.

It will be the wise, sensible, obvious, right of center choice in the face of the ongoing insurrection.

Your lips to Charles Koch’s ears...

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9848 on: June 17, 2021, 09:35:48 PM »

Amazing how triggered motherfuckers get when ever black folks receive even a whiff of recognition.

This is a big deal. The nation is celebrating the end of chattel slavery but let’s scoff and bitch because some one might some how someway get recognized for the sacrifices of the ancestors.

The irony of the day is while the President was signing the law designating the holiday in the Executive Mansion constructed by enslaved laborers the Senate Minority Leader vowed to block any Voting Rights legislation.

I guess you never heard of the Selma to Montgomery marches, huh?

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: June 17, 2021, 09:36:59 PM »

Seeing that we as a nation are just a day away from a new national holiday that most of us have never celebrated, and as of Saturday we will be, I want to be appropriate and not to offend my drinking buddy the Professor, a distinguished man of color and letters, that usually manages to spell F-U-C-K O-F-F. 

He's a funny and profane SOB. 

So first off is there a traditional greeting? 

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth.

It will be interesting to see how or how long until corporations try and monetize this new national holiday.

Hey Larry will you be offended if Toyota has a Juneteenth, Emancipation from MSRP sale-a-thon?

You mean like Presidents Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, MLK Day?

Why would I?

This is America, after all.

I was mostly serious.

And I don't associate MLK Day with special retail sales like President's Day, Memorial Day or the 4th.

Although there is "Black Friday"

Its a joke Larry.

MLK was assassinated, so turning him into a take 25% off or BOGO event seems tacky and wrong. 

Real question-Do you think there would be blowback with the monetization of Juneteenth, or "its what we do"?

Tacky and wrong “is what we do.”

Here at TODAY, we love finding you the best deals. Whether you're looking for a Valentine's Day dress, a new mattress or some discounted home storage, we've got you covered with some of the best Martin Luther King Jr. day sales happing this weekend. We're talking brands across the board, including Express, Casper, Ulta, The Home Depot and more.

The below list has deals by category, to quickly jump to the category you’re looking for click on the links below:

https://www.today.com/shop/best-mlk-day-sales-2020-t172148

Wake up, Banks

Larry I'm woke enough to understand my asking the question was probably going to offend you.

So first, using my experience as a shopper, and granted I'm not a huge shopper, I do not see or experience MLK Day as the retail event as the other holidays I mentioned.

And then I googled "MLK DAY Sales" and found this

https://deals.usnews.com/articles/best-sales-for-mlk-day-weekend

and according to the article

MLK weekend isn't a major shopping event compared to other long weekends, such as Memorial Day and Labor Day. If you're looking for sales, know that relatively few retailers advertise their sales that weekend as "MLK Day sales."

So as I posted, most retailers do not directly cash in on and monetize the MLK name, as many people might get offended, but as its a long week-end with a day-off, there are sales. 

Happy teenth Larry.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 09:43:14 PM by bankshot1 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: June 17, 2021, 09:40:35 PM »

And when they do Fox News will devote hours to the “War on Juneteenth”. Wait.
Why?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: June 17, 2021, 09:46:59 PM »

Seeing that we as a nation are just a day away from a new national holiday that most of us have never celebrated, and as of Saturday we will be, I want to be appropriate and not to offend my drinking buddy the Professor, a distinguished man of color and letters, that usually manages to spell F-U-C-K O-F-F. 

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth.

It will be interesting to see how or how long until corporations try and monetize this new national holiday.

Hey Larry will you be offended if Toyota has a Juneteenth, Emancipation from MSRP sale-a-thon?

You mean like Presidents Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, MLK Day?

Why would I?

I was mostly serious.

And I don't associate MLK Day with special retail sales like President's Day, Memorial Day or the 4th.

Its a joke Larry.

MLK was assassinated, so turning him into a take 25% off or BOGO event seems tacky and wrong. 

Real question-Do you think there would be blowback with the monetization of Juneteenth, or "its what we do"?

Here at TODAY, we love finding you the best deals. Whether you're looking for a Valentine's Day dress, a new mattress or some discounted home storage, we've got you covered with some of the best Martin Luther King Jr. day sales happing this weekend. We're talking brands across the board, including Express, Casper, Ulta, The Home Depot and more.

The below list has deals by category, to quickly jump to the category you’re looking for click on the links below:

Wake up, Banks

Larry I'm woke enough to understand my asking the question was probably going to offend you.

So first, using my experience as a shopper, and granted I'm not a huge shopper, I do not see or experience MLK Day as the retail event as the other holidays I mentioned.

MLK weekend isn't a major shopping event compared to other long weekends, such as Memorial Day and Labor Day. If you're looking for sales, know that relatively few retailers advertise their sales that weekend as "MLK Day sales."

So as I posted, most retailers do not directly cash in on and monetize the MLK name, as many people might get offended, but as its a long week-end with a day-off, there are sales. 

Happy teenth Larry.

I was an hour and six minutes on line yesterday at Burlington

Seems folks using the extra gov't $$ for much more than food and lodging.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9852 on: June 17, 2021, 09:51:21 PM »

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Why would I?

I was mostly serious.

Its a joke Larry.

Wake up, Banks

Happy teenth Larry.

I’m not offended. I’m telling you what I know.

Meanwhile the Today Show promoted MLK day sales.

”we've got you covered with some of the best Martin Luther King Jr. day sales happing this weekend. We're talking brands across the board, including Express, Casper, Ulta, The Home Depot and more”.

MLK Day doesn’t go all out with the Stars and Stripes bunting but it is as commercial as any other holiday.

By the way:

When I was coming up it was called “Jubilee Day”

So happy Jubilee!

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: June 17, 2021, 09:56:31 PM »

Mythology

Wrong again kid.

It is fact not the fiction you wish it was.

And it was reported in March 2020, well before we knew the depths of virus hell that Trump's incompetence and insanity would lead us to.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-cdc-exclusiv/exclusive-u-s-slashed-cdc-staff-inside-china-prior-to-coronavirus-outbreak-idUSKBN21C3N5

WASHINGTON(Reuters) - The Trump administration cut staff by more than two-thirds at a key U.S. public health agency operating inside China, as part of a larger rollback of U.S.-funded health and science experts on the ground there leading up to the coronavirus outbreak, Reuters has learned.

Most of the reductions were made at the Beijing office of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and occurred over the past two years, according to public CDC documents viewed by Reuters and interviews with four people familiar with the drawdown.

The Atlanta-based CDC, America’s preeminent disease fighting agency, provides public health assistance to nations around the world and works with them to help stop outbreaks of contagious diseases from spreading globally. It has worked in China for 30 years.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: June 17, 2021, 09:56:40 PM »

I guess you never heard of the Selma to Montgomery marches, huh?

What does that have to do with this weekend?
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 2927