Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756965 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9855 on: June 17, 2021, 09:57:21 PM »

Meanwhile back at the plantation...

“Coinciding with the holiday that commemorates the end of legalized slavery in Texas on June 19, 1865, the Latta Plantation promised an event highlighting the experiences of white slaveholders and Confederate soldiers. “Come out to Historic Latta Plantation for a one-night event, Saturday, June 19, 2021,” they promised. “You will hear stories from the massa himself who is now living in the woods.” They went on to emphasize that the planned Juneteenth program would focus on “white refugees” who had been “displaced and have a story to tell as well.”

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/north-carolina-plantation-s-juneteenth-event-underscores-south-s-historical-n1270593
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: June 17, 2021, 09:58:16 PM »

Its unfortunate Trump fired most of the CDC staff in China just prior to the covid outbreak, severely limiting the ability of any real outside monitoring of the virus and its origin.

Mythology

Wrong again kid.

It is fact not the fiction you wish it was.

And it was reported in March 2020, well before we knew the depths of virus hell that Trump's incompetence and insanity would lead us to.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-cdc-exclusiv/exclusive-u-s-slashed-cdc-staff-inside-china-prior-to-coronavirus-outbreak-idUSKBN21C3N5

WASHINGTON(Reuters) - The Trump administration cut staff by more than two-thirds at a key U.S. public health agency operating inside China, as part of a larger rollback of U.S.-funded health and science experts on the ground there leading up to the coronavirus outbreak, Reuters has learned.

Most of the reductions were made at the Beijing office of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and occurred over the past two years, according to public CDC documents viewed by Reuters and interviews with four people familiar with the drawdown.

The Atlanta-based CDC, America’s preeminent disease fighting agency, provides public health assistance to nations around the world and works with them to help stop outbreaks of contagious diseases from spreading globally. It has worked in China for 30 years.

I dont dispute any of that
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9857 on: June 17, 2021, 10:00:16 PM »

Amazing how triggered motherfuckers get when ever black folks receive even a whiff of recognition.

This is a big deal. The nation is celebrating the end of chattel slavery but let’s scoff and bitch because some one might some how someway get recognized for the sacrifices of the ancestors.

The irony of the day is while the President was signing the law designating the holiday in the Executive Mansion constructed by enslaved laborers the Senate Minority Leader vowed to block any Voting Rights legislation.

White America needs to grow the fuck up.

I am down for anything as long as the highways arent blocked

I guess you never heard of the Selma to Montgomery marches, huh?

What does that have to do with this weekend?

What did blocked highways have to do with Republicans trying to block voting rights which was what I posted?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: June 17, 2021, 10:07:05 PM »

Its unfortunate Trump fired most of the CDC staff in China just prior to the covid outbreak, severely limiting the ability of any real outside monitoring of the virus and its origin.

Mythology

Wrong again kid.

It is fact not the fiction you wish it was.

And it was reported in March 2020, well before we knew the depths of virus hell that Trump's incompetence and insanity would lead us to.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-cdc-exclusiv/exclusive-u-s-slashed-cdc-staff-inside-china-prior-to-coronavirus-outbreak-idUSKBN21C3N5

WASHINGTON(Reuters) - The Trump administration cut staff by more than two-thirds at a key U.S. public health agency operating inside China, as part of a larger rollback of U.S.-funded health and science experts on the ground there leading up to the coronavirus outbreak, Reuters has learned.

Most of the reductions were made at the Beijing office of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and occurred over the past two years, according to public CDC documents viewed by Reuters and interviews with four people familiar with the drawdown.

The Atlanta-based CDC, America’s preeminent disease fighting agency, provides public health assistance to nations around the world and works with them to help stop outbreaks of contagious diseases from spreading globally. It has worked in China for 30 years.

I dont dispute any of that

What does "mythology" refer to then in the context of what was posted about Trump and the CDC and China?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9859 on: June 17, 2021, 10:17:56 PM »

Just rembered this is the anniversary of OJ Simpson slow motion Bronco chase.

I had a rec room full of buds watching game 5 of the NBA finals when ABC broke in with the cops following AC in the Bronco.

All of us were like “Fuck OJ! This is the Finals!” No one wanted to see that shit and in hindsight that’s when the news went full into infotainment mode.

Previously when the story first broke about the murders we were having coffee watching the goings on around the Rockingham house when Fran said, “They’re never gonna convict that bastard” when we heard the cops had hopped the fence and entered the house “out of fear for Simpson’s safety.”

If they had waited an hour and secured a warrant Simpson would have been strapped to a table and gotten the needle.

Even though the search was later ruled legal the mishandling of evidence threw the prosecution into doubt from beginning to end.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: June 17, 2021, 10:28:52 PM »

What does "mythology" refer to then in the context of what was posted about Trump and the CDC and China?

It refers to the post I responded to

Maybe you should reread

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: June 17, 2021, 10:30:29 PM »

Your initial statement - the one I responded to - has been refuted many times.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: June 17, 2021, 10:31:59 PM »

All of us were like “Fuck OJ! This is the Finals!” No one wanted to see that shit and in hindsight that’s when the news went full into infotainment mode.

heh

I can imagine

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: June 17, 2021, 10:41:52 PM »

Maybe you should reread

You quoted a part of my post and then added your "mythology"

got it.

let me try it.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: June 17, 2021, 10:42:30 PM »

Liar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: June 17, 2021, 10:43:21 PM »

kid you're a disingenuous asshole.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: June 17, 2021, 10:46:39 PM »

Like I said - this has been refuted

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: June 17, 2021, 10:53:39 PM »

Like I said - this has been refuted

mythology

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: June 17, 2021, 10:58:56 PM »

Mythology

The correct figures from the CDC show that overall staffing fell but remained higher than what Biden said.

The numbers also show the elimination of all U.S. staff to counter the threat posed by the new coronavirus.

Sources:
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/may/21/joe-biden/under-donald-trump-key-cdc-us-staff-china-fell-0/#sources

In other words, Kid, the mythology is yours.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: June 17, 2021, 11:02:14 PM »

Ham about Juneteenth:

"Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth."

Also Ham:

"Why do people keep calling me racist?"
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 2927