Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757054 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9870 on: June 17, 2021, 11:07:00 PM »

Every year since Trump has been president, lawmakers have passed bills — bills signed by Trump — that not only exceeded what Trump requested on emerging infections but also exceeded what had been spent the previous year.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: June 17, 2021, 11:12:59 PM »

Tim Morrison, a former senior director for counterproliferation and biodefense on the NSC, wrote in an op-ed for The Washington Post that he "inherited a strong and skilled staff in the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate" when he joined in July 2018.

"This team of national experts together drafted the National Biodefense Strategy of 2018 and an accompanying national security presidential memorandum to implement it; an executive order to modernize influenza vaccines; and coordinated the United States’ response to the Ebola epidemic in Congo, which was ultimately defeated in 2020," he wrote.

He also said that the reorganization of the NSC was necessary after the "bloat that occurred" under Obama, when the staff quadrupled to nearly 400 – a figure that even members of the Obama administration agreed was too large.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: June 17, 2021, 11:17:12 PM »

None of which contradicts the claims about China and the fired CDC team, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: June 17, 2021, 11:18:44 PM »

Its surprising that 3+ years into the Trump administration, they were so well prepared for a pandemic (that an Obama pandemic playbook prepared for Trump, said was likely) that we had critical shortages of much needed PPE and respirators in our emergency stockpiles.

Surprising!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: June 17, 2021, 11:18:53 PM »

Seeing that we as a nation are just a day away from a new national holiday that most of us have never celebrated, and as of Saturday we will be, I want to be appropriate and not to offend my drinking buddy the Professor, a distinguished man of color and letters, that usually manages to spell F-U-C-K O-F-F. 

He's a funny and profane SOB. 

So first off is there a traditional greeting? 

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth.

It will be interesting to see how or how long until corporations try and monetize this new national holiday.

Hey Larry will you be offended if Toyota has a Juneteenth, Emancipation from MSRP sale-a-thon?

You mean like Presidents Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, MLK Day?

Why would I?

This is America, after all.

I was mostly serious.

And I don't associate MLK Day with special retail sales like President's Day, Memorial Day or the 4th.

Although there is "Black Friday"

Its a joke Larry.

MLK was assassinated, so turning him into a take 25% off or BOGO event seems tacky and wrong. 

Real question-Do you think there would be blowback with the monetization of Juneteenth, or "its what we do"?

Tacky and wrong “is what we do.”

Here at TODAY, we love finding you the best deals. Whether you're looking for a Valentine's Day dress, a new mattress or some discounted home storage, we've got you covered with some of the best Martin Luther King Jr. day sales happing this weekend. We're talking brands across the board, including Express, Casper, Ulta, The Home Depot and more.

The below list has deals by category, to quickly jump to the category you’re looking for click on the links below:

https://www.today.com/shop/best-mlk-day-sales-2020-t172148

Wake up, Banks

Larry I'm woke enough to understand my asking the question was probably going to offend you.

So first, using my experience as a shopper, and granted I'm not a huge shopper, I do not see or experience MLK Day as the retail event as the other holidays I mentioned.

And then I googled "MLK DAY Sales" and found this

https://deals.usnews.com/articles/best-sales-for-mlk-day-weekend

and according to the article

MLK weekend isn't a major shopping event compared to other long weekends, such as Memorial Day and Labor Day. If you're looking for sales, know that relatively few retailers advertise their sales that weekend as "MLK Day sales."

So as I posted, most retailers do not directly cash in on and monetize the MLK name, as many people might get offended, but as its a long week-end with a day-off, there are sales. 

Happy teenth Larry.

There’s a link to a bookshop you can support as part of your celebration a few pages back. Just get everyone on your Christmas list a choice volume from their catalog. You can be the spearhead of a whole new tradition.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: June 17, 2021, 11:21:12 PM »

None of which contradicts the claims about China and the fired CDC team, Kid.

kid's not very good at this.

The sad thing is, he thinks he is.

Delusional

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: June 17, 2021, 11:25:18 PM »

Its surprising that 3+ years into the Trump administration, they were so well prepared for a pandemic (that an Obama pandemic playbook prepared for Trump, said was likely) that we had critical shortages of much needed PPE and respirators in our emergency stockpiles.

Surprising!

It’s almost as if secretly somebody wasn’t doing the greatest job. Then it seemed like it might be everybody not doing the greatest job. Then it was no secret and we all knew.

Then everyone already dead inside tried to keep that shambolic administration in office.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: June 17, 2021, 11:28:13 PM »

Surprising!

Well, yeah, but we had those same shortages (if not quite as old yet) throughout the Obama administration.

Congress (see also: GOP) refused to authorize the money for fixing the problem once it was highlighted. Obama's team screwed up for 2 years, then the GOP for 9 years.

And besides, they threw away the Obama-team generated playbook, claiming it was out of date. I posted a link to it here - it was not out of date.

But even with the shortages, there was no effort by the feds to alleviate them on a national level.

All rehashing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: June 17, 2021, 11:28:40 PM »

Every year since Trump has been president, lawmakers have passed bills — bills signed by Trump — that not only exceeded what Trump requested on emerging infections but also exceeded what had been spent the previous year.

If the program administrators weren’t busy lining their pockets and stuffing their jowls with the nations public resources, the appropriations might have been a great help.

Jared, Pence, and Donny are to blame. They can still make a shame tour together apologizing at funerals. We already know barging into memorials unwanted is totally Donny’s thing. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: June 17, 2021, 11:34:11 PM »

Seeing that we as a nation are just a day away from a new national holiday that most of us have never celebrated, and as of Saturday we will be, I want to be appropriate and not to offend my drinking buddy the Professor, a distinguished man of color and letters, that usually manages to spell F-U-C-K O-F-F. 

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth.

It will be interesting to see how or how long until corporations try and monetize this new national holiday.

Hey Larry will you be offended if Toyota has a Juneteenth, Emancipation from MSRP sale-a-thon?

You mean like Presidents Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, MLK Day?

Why would I?

This is America, after all.

I was mostly serious.

And I don't associate MLK Day with special retail sales like President's Day, Memorial Day or the 4th.

Although there is "Black Friday"

Its a joke Larry.

MLK was assassinated, so turning him into a take 25% off or BOGO event seems tacky and wrong. 

Real question-Do you think there would be blowback with the monetization of Juneteenth, or "its what we do"?

Tacky and wrong “is what we do.”

Here at TODAY, we love finding you the best deals. Whether you're looking for a Valentine's Day dress, a new mattress or some discounted home storage, we've got you covered with some of the best Martin Luther King Jr. day sales happing this weekend. We're talking brands across the board, including Express, Casper, Ulta, The Home Depot and more.

The below list has deals by category, to quickly jump to the category you’re looking for click on the links below:

https://www.today.com/shop/best-mlk-day-sales-2020-t172148

Wake up, Banks

Larry I'm woke enough to understand my asking the question was probably going to offend you.

So first, using my experience as a shopper, and granted I'm not a huge shopper, I do not see or experience MLK Day as the retail event as the other holidays I mentioned.

And then I googled "MLK DAY Sales" and found this

https://deals.usnews.com/articles/best-sales-for-mlk-day-weekend

and according to the article

MLK weekend isn't a major shopping event compared to other long weekends, such as Memorial Day and Labor Day. If you're looking for sales, know that relatively few retailers advertise their sales that weekend as "MLK Day sales."

So as I posted, most retailers do not directly cash in on and monetize the MLK name, as many people might get offended, but as its a long week-end with a day-off, there are sales. 

Happy teenth Larry.

There’s a link to a bookshop you can support as part of your celebration a few pages back. Just get everyone on your Christmas list a choice volume from their catalog. You can be the spearhead of a whole new tradition.

fac

I'm in a minority that doesn't celebrate Christmas.

Another example of an oppressive religious majority thoughtlessly forcing their beliefs on a powerless minority!

Where's my woke social justice warrior?

I'm just faccing around fac

mostly

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9880 on: June 17, 2021, 11:39:51 PM »

Surprising!

Well, yeah, but we had those same shortages (if not quite as old yet) throughout the Obama administration.

Congress (see also: GOP) refused to authorize the money for fixing the problem once it was highlighted. Obama's team screwed up for 2 years, then the GOP for 9 years.

And besides, they threw away the Obama-team generated playbook, claiming it was out of date. I posted a link to it here - it was not out of date.

But even with the shortages, there was no effort by the feds to alleviate them on a national level.

All rehashing.

Jared was put in charge of procuring PPE and he brought in a bunch of his buds to work ar FEMA and they gifted the budget to their connections.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: June 17, 2021, 11:51:43 PM »

I get the Conservative Review's ezine each day.

Today's subject line was:
BEST MOVE I HAVE MADE IN A LONG TIME

Guess what the move was!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9882 on: June 17, 2021, 11:52:13 PM »

Its unfortunate Trump fired most of the CDC staff in China just prior to the covid outbreak, severely limiting the ability of any real outside monitoring of the virus and its origin.

Like I said - this has been refuted

It still doesn’t matter because the royal fuck ups committed by the Administration kicked into gear once the virus hit our shores. Trump deliberately mislead the country knowing full well how dangerous this shit was.

“It’s just going to disappear,”  big rallies, deploying “little green men” secret police on the populace snatching folks off the streets into unmarked vehicles. Using helicopter rotor wash as a weapon...
discouraging compliance with safety protocols. They actually took the word of the guy who said “don’t worry about it” after a while the nation would reach herd immunity... sure what’s a couple million, more or less. The first duty of national government is the protection of its inhabitants.
There was some evil loosed on the land.

This guy and his peeps are hip deep in malfeasance, neglect and greed. They used the federal agencies for political ends and they incited an attempted coup.

They’re passing laws across the nation trying to erect barriers to ballot casting for folks hey know won’t vote for them. If that doesn’t muck it up enough the legislature can overrule the boards of election if they don’t like the outcome of elections.

And they packed almost every damn court in the land with their handpicked Federalist Society clones.

Including SCOTUS

I pray these motherfucker don’t try again because they got a big win on 1/6... and the GOP is backing their play.

I think it may be dawning on Joe Manchin he’s being played.

His constituents want what Joe Biden is selling and the GOP donor class just told him to go screw.
Someone needs to get to this guy and let him know he’s at the point where there only two outcomes. Hero. Goat.

I’m gonna go with hero who just has do enough of the right thing to save the Union. If Manchin had come out the gate backing Biden and those policies had moved through and became law a bunch of West Virginia people would see a marked improvement in their overall Quality of life as would a good healthy chunk of the general population.

I needle kid with the brown shirt thing and it most likely isn’t fair but he’s backing the side that envisions a Fourth Reich and that is not hyperbole nor Lemon Crush.

You cannot negotiate with folks who think compromise means total capitulation of the other side or they’ll just burn this shit down and build it back in their own image.

True shit - I wake every morning relieved to know Joe Biden is President.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9883 on: June 17, 2021, 11:53:32 PM »

I get the Conservative Review's ezine each day.

Today's subject line was:
BEST MOVE I HAVE MADE IN A LONG TIME

Guess what the move was!

Without googling I have no clue...

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: June 18, 2021, 12:02:51 AM »

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

What the Hell is wrong with you? They monetize every holiday,l. Why make a point of it for this one?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:04:28 AM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 2927