Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756983 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9885 on: June 18, 2021, 12:21:17 AM »

I get the Conservative Review's ezine each day.

Today's subject line was:
BEST MOVE I HAVE MADE IN A LONG TIME

Guess what the move was!

Without googling I have no clue...

And even with it.

He bought FOUR Verse Beam lamps at a great price.

There was no other content in this "issue."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: June 18, 2021, 12:43:15 AM »

I may not agree with Trump, but I support freedom of speech, and he should be allowed freedom of speech. We should all have freedom of speech.

I understand that Facebook is privately owned, and the owners have control of it and they do not have freedom of speech on Facebook.

Today I posted that President Biden needs to meet with the King of Spain, and Facebook flagged it as spam. It was not spam, I told them that Biden met with the Queen of England and now he needs to meet with the King of Spain, and they said my post went against Facebook policy.

Biden needs to meet with the King of Spain, and also with Pope Francis. I do not know what about that offended Facebook.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: June 18, 2021, 01:17:03 AM »

You know who else has freedom of speech Tony? Facebook and Twitter.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9888 on: June 18, 2021, 01:19:28 AM »

I may not agree with Trump, but I support freedom of speech, and he should be allowed freedom of speech. We should all have freedom of speech.

I understand that Facebook is privately owned, and the owners have control of it and they do not have freedom of speech on Facebook.

Today I posted that President Biden needs to meet with the King of Spain, and Facebook flagged it as spam. It was not spam, I told them that Biden met with the Queen of England and now he needs to meet with the King of Spain, and they said my post went against Facebook policy.

Biden needs to meet with the King of Spain, and also with Pope Francis. I do not know what about that offended Facebook.

Salute,

Tony V.

FB is screwy.

But Freedom of Speech is not about posting on FB - it is about the government not passing laws preventing you from doing so.

They haven't. Your Freedom of Speech is still there, even when they make a bizarre claim like spam for posting about the King of Spain.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9889 on: June 18, 2021, 03:06:18 AM »

fac

I'm in a minority that doesn't celebrate Christmas.

Another example of an oppressive religious majority thoughtlessly forcing their beliefs on a powerless minority!

Where's my woke social justice warrior?

I'm just faccing around fac

mostly

I might have picked up on the faccing and the mostly.

I try to celebrate everything, though none of it religiously.

If there’s a list of people you wish happy birthday to, you could buy each one of them a book.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9891 on: June 18, 2021, 07:54:53 AM »

Seeing that we as a nation are just a day away from a new national holiday that most of us have never celebrated, and as of Saturday we will be, I want to be appropriate and not to offend my drinking buddy the Professor, a distinguished man of color and letters, that usually manages to spell F-U-C-K O-F-F. 

He's a funny and profane SOB. 

So first off is there a traditional greeting? 

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth.

It will be interesting to see how or how long until corporations try and monetize this new national holiday.

Hey Larry will you be offended if Toyota has a Juneteenth, Emancipation from MSRP sale-a-thon?

You mean like Presidents Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, MLK Day?

Why would I?

This is America, after all.

That was my point, shithead.

But your hypersensitivity provoked your overreacting, again.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9892 on: June 18, 2021, 08:01:52 AM »

Ham about Juneteenth:

"Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth."

Also Ham:

"Why do people keep calling me racist?"

Liberals don't do sarcasm. There too busy being offended.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9893 on: June 18, 2021, 08:08:44 AM »

Seeing that we as a nation are just a day away from a new national holiday that most of us have never celebrated, and as of Saturday we will be, I want to be appropriate and not to offend my drinking buddy the Professor, a distinguished man of color and letters, that usually manages to spell F-U-C-K O-F-F. 

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth.

It will be interesting to see how or how long until corporations try and monetize this new national holiday.

Hey Larry will you be offended if Toyota has a Juneteenth, Emancipation from MSRP sale-a-thon?
What the Hell is wrong with you? They monetize every holiday,l. Why make a point of it for this one?

The point is, once a holiday is embedded into American society it gets monetized and trivialized. And that means acceptance.

No one is picking on the holiday. The point is how American society eventually finds a way to shake the money tree no matter the importance or serious intention behind creating the holiday.

Run along now and finish up those Coronas you bought for Cinco de Mayo, Senor Faux Outrage.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #9894 on: June 18, 2021, 08:10:43 AM »

Happy emancipation day! I'll drink to that.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9895 on: June 18, 2021, 08:13:50 AM »

Here you go.

Don't recall the Elbanian Council of the Woke's Umbrage Committee reacting to this one:

https://youtu.be/Yl20gWYsTvc

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9896 on: June 18, 2021, 08:26:42 AM »

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

You mean like Presidents Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, MLK Day?

Why would I?

This is America, after all.

That was my point, shithead.

But your hypersensitivity provoked your overreacting, again.

I gave Banks an answer to HIS question. The fuck are you yapping about?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9897 on: June 18, 2021, 08:30:34 AM »

Here you go.

Don't recall the Elbanian Council of the Woke's Umbrage Committee reacting to this one:

https://youtu.be/Yl20gWYsTvc

Do you spend everyday shaking your fist and raging at the sky?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: June 18, 2021, 08:59:58 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/us/st-louis-mccloskeys-plead-guilty-to-misdemeanors/index.html

Prosecutor dropped charges except for these, but the plea deal included their giving up their handgun and semi-automatic rifle.

Fines of $750 for him and $2000 for her.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9899 on: June 18, 2021, 09:04:56 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/17/us/st-louis-mccloskeys-plead-guilty-to-misdemeanors/index.html

Prosecutor dropped charges except for these, but the plea deal included their giving up their handgun and semi-automatic rifle.

Fines of $750 for him and $2000 for her.
Now they’re at the mercy of the invading hordes.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 658 659 [660] 661 662 ... 2927