Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756982 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9900 on: June 18, 2021, 09:07:59 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/18/asia/vaccinated-indonesian-doctors-covid-19-intl-hnk/index.html

The vaccine was from Sinovac, from China (of course).

The World Health Organization (WHO) approved emergency use of Sinovac's vaccine this month, saying results showed it prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of recipients and prevented severe Covid-19 and hospital stays.

But with 350 doctors and other medical workers sick, mostly with Variant D, and dozens hospitalized with high fevers and falling oxygen-saturation levels, there are increasing concerns about some vaccines' effectiveness against variants, D in particular.

China's given about a billion vaccinations, though I have no idea (atm) of what percentage of those came from Sinovac and I've seen no news about Variant D there, either.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9901 on: June 18, 2021, 09:27:04 AM »

Here you go.

Don't recall the Elbanian Council of the Woke's Umbrage Committee reacting to this one:

https://youtu.be/Yl20gWYsTvc

Do you spend everyday shaking your fist and raging at the sky?

The difficult thing for the perpetually offended, such as yourself, is to believe that others can discuss, view, and interact on an issue without being outraged, angry, or offended.

Carry on with your woke self.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9902 on: June 18, 2021, 09:29:49 AM »

Seeing that we as a nation are just a day away from a new national holiday that most of us have never celebrated, and as of Saturday we will be, I want to be appropriate and not to offend my drinking buddy the Professor, a distinguished man of color and letters, that usually manages to spell F-U-C-K O-F-F. 

He's a funny and profane SOB. 

So first off is there a traditional greeting? 

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth.

It will be interesting to see how or how long until corporations try and monetize this new national holiday.

Hey Larry will you be offended if Toyota has a Juneteenth, Emancipation from MSRP sale-a-thon?

You mean like Presidents Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, MLK Day?

Why would I?

This is America, after all.

That was my point, shithead.

But your hypersensitivity provoked your overreacting, again.

I gave Banks an answer to HIS question. The fuck are you yapping about?

Fuck you overreacting to?

I introduced the topic, and banks went with it. I'm free to comment on your comments.

Ease up, CoWboy.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9903 on: June 18, 2021, 09:33:08 AM »

Seeing that we as a nation are just a day away from a new national holiday that most of us have never celebrated, and as of Saturday we will be, I want to be appropriate and not to offend my drinking buddy the Professor, a distinguished man of color and letters, that usually manages to spell F-U-C-K O-F-F. 

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth.

It will be interesting to see how or how long until corporations try and monetize this new national holiday.

Hey Larry will you be offended if Toyota has a Juneteenth, Emancipation from MSRP sale-a-thon?
What the Hell is wrong with you? They monetize every holiday,l. Why make a point of it for this one?

It was topical, so I asked a question, Utley riffed on it, I re-riffed, Larry chimed in, and you got offended.

SSDD.

Seeing that Juneteenth is a brand new Federal holiday, and the first new Federal holiday, since MLK Day was created in 1983, it seemed like a timely area of discussion to ask some real questions and poke some TIC comments at our national tradition of marketing and squeezing a profit from every source possible.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #9904 on: June 18, 2021, 09:39:35 AM »

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

What the Hell is wrong with you? They monetize every holiday,l. Why make a point of it for this one?

It was topical, so I asked a question, Utley riffed on it, I re-riffed, Larry chimed in, and you got offended.

SSDD.

Seeing that Juneteenth is a brand new Federal holiday, and the first new Federal holiday, since MLK Day was created in 1983, it seemed like a timely area of discussion to ask some real questions and poke some TIC comments at our national tradition of marketing and squeezing a profit from every source possible.

I'm thinking of a line of Juneteenth Bobbleheads---Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, Dred Scott, Buffalo Soldiers... and Abraham Lincoln needs to be in there, too, or there ain't no Juneteenth.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9905 on: June 18, 2021, 09:42:16 AM »

Happy Paul McCartney Day, everyone.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #9906 on: June 18, 2021, 09:47:02 AM »

Apparently the VA is not considered infrastructure to the present adm. . One dentist for a dozen vets! The new head of the VA was brought in to do a hatchet job. Expect an uncovered scandal soon.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9907 on: June 18, 2021, 09:53:42 AM »

Is Juneteenth one day or a group of days?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9908 on: June 18, 2021, 10:00:23 AM »

Ham about Juneteenth:

"Once we have the Juneteenth Automobile Sale at your local Toyota Dealer, and you'll know that is really is an American holiday. Until then, Tom Hanks and the rest of us incorrigible white folks need to take a seat in the back of the bus and wait to see what we're allowed to say, wear, eat, and do. I'm sure it will involve some kind of transfer of wealth."

Also Ham:

"Why do people keep calling me racist?"

Liberals don't do sarcasm. There too busy being offended.
They do sarcasm. They don't do racism. You do both.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #9909 on: June 18, 2021, 10:01:10 AM »

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Teenth,  a term commonly used by coke and meth heads,  might not be the best choice there.   (refers to one sixteenth of an ounce)  heh.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9910 on: June 18, 2021, 10:04:34 AM »

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

You mean like Presidents Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, July Fourth, Labor Day, MLK Day?

Why would I?

This is America, after all.

That was my point, shithead.

But your hypersensitivity provoked your overreacting, again.

I gave Banks an answer to HIS question. The fuck are you yapping about?

Fuck you overreacting to?

I introduced the topic, and banks went with it. I'm free to comment on your comments.

Ease up, CoWboy.

Where did I over react?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9911 on: June 18, 2021, 10:06:35 AM »

Is Juneteenth one day or a group of days?

It’s June 19, 1865
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #9912 on: June 18, 2021, 10:07:36 AM »

Amazing how triggered motherfuckers get when ever black folks receive even a whiff of recognition.

This is a big deal. The nation is celebrating the end of chattel slavery but let’s scoff and bitch because some one might some how someway get recognized for the sacrifices of the ancestors.

The irony of the day is while the President was signing the law designating the holiday in the Executive Mansion constructed by enslaved laborers the Senate Minority Leader vowed to block any Voting Rights legislation.

White America needs to grow the fuck up.

I am down for anything as long as the highways arent blocked

I guess you never heard of the Selma to Montgomery marches, huh?

It's okay to protest racial discrimination and police brutality and murder,  as long as I don't have to take an alternate route to Sam's Club to buy my toilet paper.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #9913 on: June 18, 2021, 10:07:51 AM »

Apparently the VA is not considered infrastructure to the present adm. . One dentist for a dozen vets! The new head of the VA was brought in to do a hatchet job. Expect an uncovered scandal soon.

luee you are such a sucker.

Anything happening at an agency as big as the VA has been in the pipeline for months.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9914 on: June 18, 2021, 10:12:00 AM »

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Teenth,  a term commonly used by coke and meth heads,  might not be the best choice there.   (refers to one sixteenth of an ounce)  heh.

Thanks for the heads up Bart

I'm glad I asked.

I'm not sure I wanted to celebrate my first Juneteenth getting busted for suspicion of dealing.
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 2927