Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 757049 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #9930 on: June 18, 2021, 11:46:53 AM »

Have a good teenth?

Happy 19th?

Happy Holiday?

or?

Teenth,  a term commonly used by coke and meth heads,  might not be the best choice there.   (refers to one sixteenth of an ounce)  heh.

Thanks for the heads up Bart

I'm glad I asked.

I'm not sure I wanted to celebrate my first Juneteenth getting busted for suspicion of dealing.

Fyi, it's pronounced "Juneteenph".

You are pronounced dead on arrival from the neck up.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: June 18, 2021, 11:54:06 AM »

Apparently the VA is not considered infrastructure to the present adm. . One dentist for a dozen vets! The new head of the VA was brought in to do a hatchet job. Expect an uncovered scandal soon.

Personnel are not infrastructure, no.

Federal buildings are infrastructure, including the VA hospitals. Oddly enough, it is a topic of conversation in Congress:
https://federalnewsnetwork.com/veterans-affairs/2021/03/as-va-plans-to-modernize-aging-facilities-it-faces-a-daunting-maintenance-backlog/

But it's pretty funny that you are once again complaining about the Dems when the problem predates this administration - annual patchwork budget items for repairs ($3.6 billion or so per year) has not been enough to keep up with things, let alone make the major changes that were needed 4 years ago, let alone since.

Yes, the current Congress needs to address it and Biden needs to sign off on it, but... Luee, it has to get passed out of Congress first. Talked to your US Rep or Senators recently?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: June 18, 2021, 11:57:30 AM »

It is time once again to tout my epic scholarly tome, A White Person's Guide to How Black People Can Protest. Newly expanded, it comprises 473 pages, each containing the single word, Don't.

Why would there be protest?  It's a holiday.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: June 18, 2021, 12:00:39 PM »

It is time once again to tout my epic scholarly tome, A White Person's Guide to How Black People Can Protest. Newly expanded, it comprises 473 pages, each containing the single word, Don't.

Why would there be protest?  It's a holiday.

It was in response to the mock comment "as long as my highways aren't blocked."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: June 18, 2021, 12:00:58 PM »

Shouldnt all schools be closed today?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: June 18, 2021, 12:06:41 PM »

No. It is decided by states and then by districts.

Not all schools close for Columbus Day, for example.

I suspect that next year, a bunch more schools will be closed for Juneteenth, but that trying to change on the fly for a year already in turmoil would be too much to expect.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: June 18, 2021, 12:08:05 PM »

You can’t spell dickhead without K I D.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: June 18, 2021, 12:11:16 PM »

https://apnews.com/article/larry-householder-ohio-expel-indictment-bribery-3c0347d54c1669b5243ef2b5c4f91e0b

Another day, another Republican state legislator kicked out by his colleagues for inappropriate behavior - in this case, his indictment for a bunch of bribery-related items relative to nuclear plants.

He is not convicted and vows both that he is innocent and that now that he is out, he is going after colleagues he knows are corrupt.

Which, by itself, tells me that whether he's found guilty of these specific charges, he is himself corrupt - if it took his being outside to make him willing to expose others, then he's been refusing to expose them previously.

Making him a big part of the problem, either way.

However, I wish him good fortune in his revenge-seeking against other corrupt politicians! Get them all out, Larry Householder!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: June 18, 2021, 12:29:21 PM »

I suspect that next year, a bunch more schools will be closed for Juneteenth, but that trying to change on the fly for a year already in turmoil would be too much to expect.

So a school could be open on Thanksgiving if it wishes?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: June 18, 2021, 12:34:08 PM »

If the state does not make it a state holiday and mandate the day off, yes. Juneteenth is now a federal holiday. State action is required e erywhere else. And my state legislature is too busy trying to undermine democracy to even pass a budget, let alone create a holiday.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: June 18, 2021, 12:35:48 PM »

MSNBC sounding alarm on new COVID variant

Sickos.

It’s God’s wrath on unvaccinated republicans for their oathbreaking, their betrayals, and their bestial obeisance to the dimmest and nastiest white devils.

Two shots in the arm is like lamb’s blood on the door in biblical times. Get it done and you have a decent chance of being passed over.

As for those who claim to love and fear God yet refuse his mark and his blessing, fuck ‘em. Let ‘em die, if so be His will.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: June 18, 2021, 12:40:02 PM »

Thanksgiving is on a Thursday most years. Schools across the country will be closed this Juneteenth.

You are an unchecked toxic spill.

You aren’t very bright for a fucking idiot or even a bag of shit.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: June 18, 2021, 12:42:01 PM »

« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:44:02 PM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: June 18, 2021, 12:50:47 PM »

Unless their state has a law requiring them to be closed, then yes - but, of course, the chances that their contract with teachers would allow that are diminishingly small. And any school committee that did that would be recalled where possible and replaced where not.

Federal holidays don't require anything to be closed but Federal offices and the like.
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 2927