Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756760 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10035 on: June 19, 2021, 01:52:35 PM »

Speaking of insects, nothing but crickets coming from the Elba left regarding the Biden Administration's nepotism issues.

Something caught in the CoW's throats?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: June 19, 2021, 02:42:17 PM »

Happy Juneteenth to those celebrating.

I think we as Americans all should, as it seems a country founded on the the idea of freedom and who has fought wars to maintain that freedom, would celebrate freedom for all its people.

We already have a holiday for that. Every Fourth of July.

Guess that wasn't good enough for some Americans.

Given that they weren't free on July 4th, that's such a surprise.
LOL!
If you didn’t post idiocy you couldn’t post at all.

Your usual petty insult without explanation for why what I said was idiotic - because you're wrong.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: June 19, 2021, 02:44:09 PM »

No, it's pretty real. They smile in your face and tell you they're on your side, but if they really respected you, they'd let you fight your own battles.

They don't.

Yeah, you think it's Larry's battle.

Racism and bigotry are everybody's battles, Ham.

So are bullying and baseless attacks.

Also, I don't see you going it on your own, either.

IOW, your bullshit "let Larry fight his own battles" is just one more "divide and conquer" strategy without truth behind it, just manipulation.

Or as others have put it, SSDD.

Sorry, Professor. The topic doesn't matter. If anyone here challenges Larry on any issue, the CoW pokes its nose in and tries to protect him from any criticism.

It's pretty clear why. Don't get pissed because I state what is obvious.

Talking to the person who suspended Larry, so your point is a tad blunt.

So is your bogus CoW, which is the same as complaints about Social Justice Warriors and Political Correctness.

Just bigots trying to find new ways to attack those who call them out.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: June 19, 2021, 02:52:15 PM »

Speaking of insects, nothing but crickets coming from the Elba left regarding the Biden Administration's nepotism issues.

Not my fault you can't read.

But let me simplify it.

I think nepotism is stupid. I think nepotism has been the norm, not the exception, regardless of party.

And as corruption by a White House goes, it pales currently compared to the last administration, about which there was silence from the ostensible middle and right.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10039 on: June 19, 2021, 02:53:29 PM »

See? It's always about money. Always.

"Black Americans don't need another study that sits on a shelf," said St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones, the city's first Black female mayor and a member of the group. "We need decisive action to address the racial wealth gap holding communities back across our country."

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/18/1008242159/11-u-s-mayors-commit-to-developing-pilot-projects-for-reparations

The "racial wealth gap". 

Any of the CoW want to take time to explain that one.

It’s been explained.

The Red Summer age destroyed millions in black wealth worth billions today.

The GI Bill was discriminatory denying the wealth building capacity

Urban Renewal literally destroyed thriving black communities by replacing them with Interstate Highways.

Gentrification where longtime residents can no longer afford their houses as the assessments  skyrocket so taxes soar but those same properties don’t qualify as prime real estate so they don’t command the high sale price  the next seller will.

After Reconstruction came the Black Codes.

With the codes came the campaigns of violence wherever and whenever communities showed signs of progress and success.

Plessy v Ferguson wrote the customs of racial society into law and the population was legally segregated. As violence and poverty rose many of those had no choice but to go north leaving properties behind.

Coalitions began to form in the aftermath of Plessy and in 1898 a fusion group of white and black people  were elected to mayor and a majority of the city council of Wilmington, NC.

The electorally defeated whites led an armed attack on city hall and literally, violently took over the government.

That bring us to era of lynchings and laws against literally everything, one had three choices:

Try and be invisible.

Let your guard down and get charged for loitering and go to prison.

Try to organize the people in your community and get murdered.

That places us square in the era of Jim Crowe but meanwhile the majority of 5he people arent able to generate legacy across the generations.

Etc. etc. etc.

A variety of people have been horrifically harmed through the 20th C but the reactions to those actions has also varied.

The Japanese internment was a travesty but in the end reparations were sought and won.

Holocaust survivors received restitution.  Who could object?

But when blacks talk about reparations immediately folks look to slavery and conversation goes off the rails.

The thing is, the bulk of generational wealth and smashed opportunities took place in the 20th and there are living survivors of Tulsa.

Victims of racial hate have the right to seek redress and we’re reminded to never let it happen again to never forget.

But for black people it’s always 5he same response, “get over it.”

You can fact check this
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10040 on: June 19, 2021, 02:58:31 PM »

No, it's pretty real. They smile in your face and tell you they're on your side, but if they really respected you, they'd let you fight your own battles.

They don't.

IOW, your bullshit "let Larry fight his own battles" is just one more "divide and conquer" strategy without truth behind it, just manipulation.

Sorry, Professor. The topic doesn't matter. If anyone here challenges Larry on any issue, the CoW pokes its nose in and tries to protect him from any criticism.

Hammy, the problem isn’t if anyone challenges me, it’s when you challenge me.
Then you get pissed because no backs you up or ‘takes your side’.’

That’s because you’re usually wrong.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: June 19, 2021, 03:06:59 PM »

It’s not important, cock smear.

Competence and good intentions are what is important.

That’s why you are worthless and republican nepotism and blatant criminality is a problem, you piece of shit.

Feel better now, Ham?

Now go wipe your face.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: June 19, 2021, 03:08:22 PM »

See? It's always about money. Always.

"Black Americans don't need another study that sits on a shelf," said St. Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones, the city's first Black female mayor and a member of the group. "We need decisive action to address the racial wealth gap holding communities back across our country."

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/18/1008242159/11-u-s-mayors-commit-to-developing-pilot-projects-for-reparations

The "racial wealth gap". 

Any of the CoW want to take time to explain that one.

It’s been explained.

The Red Summer age destroyed millions in black wealth worth billions today.

The GI Bill was discriminatory denying the wealth building capacity

Urban Renewal literally destroyed thriving black communities by replacing them with Interstate Highways.

Gentrification where longtime residents can no longer afford their houses as the assessments  skyrocket so taxes soar but those same properties don’t qualify as prime real estate so they don’t command the high sale price  the next seller will.

After Reconstruction came the Black Codes.

With the codes came the campaigns of violence wherever and whenever communities showed signs of progress and success.

Plessy v Ferguson wrote the customs of racial society into law and the population was legally segregated. As violence and poverty rose many of those had no choice but to go north leaving properties behind.

Coalitions began to form in the aftermath of Plessy and in 1898 a fusion group of white and black people  were elected to mayor and a majority of the city council of Wilmington, NC.

The electorally defeated whites led an armed attack on city hall and literally, violently took over the government.

That bring us to era of lynchings and laws against literally everything, one had three choices:

Try and be invisible.

Let your guard down and get charged for loitering and go to prison.

Try to organize the people in your community and get murdered.

That places us square in the era of Jim Crowe but meanwhile the majority of 5he people arent able to generate legacy across the generations.

Etc. etc. etc.

A variety of people have been horrifically harmed through the 20th C but the reactions to those actions has also varied.

The Japanese internment was a travesty but in the end reparations were sought and won.

Holocaust survivors received restitution.  Who could object?

But when blacks talk about reparations immediately folks look to slavery and conversation goes off the rails.

The thing is, the bulk of generational wealth and smashed opportunities took place in the 20th and there are living survivors of Tulsa.

Victims of racial hate have the right to seek redress and we’re reminded to never let it happen again to never forget.

But for black people it’s always 5he same response, “get over it.”

You can fact check this

Lots to unpack, there, Larry. I'll look into it further. But you left out work ethic.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: June 19, 2021, 03:10:04 PM »

They don't.

Hammy, the problem isn’t if anyone challenges me, it’s when you challenge me.
Then you get pissed because no backs you up or ‘takes your side’.’

That’s because you’re usually wrong.

Uh, no. I never get pissed. That's in your head.

Just keep an eye on your "friends" Larry.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10044 on: June 19, 2021, 03:10:14 PM »

Disappointing but not surprising.

“Not as bad as Trump” isn’t a good look.

One huge difference is those placed in higher level positions are qualified professionals, unlike Eric Trump’s wedding planner being put in charge of a major division of HUD. Yknow?

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: June 19, 2021, 03:13:25 PM »

One huge difference is those placed in higher level positions are qualified professionals, unlike Eric Trump’s wedding planner being put in charge of a major division of HUD. Yknow?

Agree.

But I didn't compare Biden to Trump.

I do compare Biden's actions to his statements on ethics.

He's all for ethics, but not while he's in office, it would seem.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10046 on: June 19, 2021, 03:19:11 PM »

”Lots to unpack, there, Larry. I'll look into it further. But you left out work ethic.”

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10047 on: June 19, 2021, 03:21:07 PM »

Agree.

But I didn't compare Biden to Trump.

I do compare Biden's actions to his statements on ethics.

He's all for ethics, but not while he's in office, it would seem.

Biden said he wouldn’t hire a member of his family.

Walter Shaub was quoted. Everything isn’t about you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10048 on: June 19, 2021, 03:25:05 PM »

“No, it's pretty real. They smile in your face and tell you they're on your side, but if they really respected you, they'd let you fight your own battles.

They don't.”

Utley, you say stupid unwarranted and nasty shit. They call you on that. If I’m having to fight battles does that also mean you’re attacking me?

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: June 19, 2021, 03:33:22 PM »

Happy Juneteenth to those celebrating.

I think we as Americans all should, as it seems a country founded on the the idea of freedom and who has fought wars to maintain that freedom, would celebrate freedom for all its people.

We already have a holiday for that. Every Fourth of July.

Guess that wasn't good enough for some Americans.

Given that they weren't free on July 4th, that's such a surprise.
LOL!
If you didn’t post idiocy you couldn’t post at all.

Your usual petty insult without explanation for why what I said was idiotic - because you're wrong.
Gee.
What do I have to explain?
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 2927