Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755954 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10290 on: June 22, 2021, 06:13:04 PM »

I keep waiting for someone to tell me,
"Yeah, I was a fruit picker until those illegals showed up."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10291 on: June 22, 2021, 06:33:42 PM »

The GOP States are passing suppression laws based on a BIG FUCKING LIE.

They tried to overturn a free and fair election by force and came damn close to decapitating the line of succession at the top of the government.

The people who fought through obstacles, exposure to a deadly pandemic and then in Georgia sucked it up and did it again... the thanks they get for the effort is watching the Moderates giving that power back to the GOP?

the Trump mob revolted against the power flexed by the folks who aren’t ‘real Americans.’

You gonna say to your party’s BASE “Thanks for putting us in power and since we think like Banks were gonna piss away all this hard earned power... AGAIN.”

But this time our very nation is at stake.

These people voted against the election results AFTER their people rioted and over ran the US Capitol sending wave after wave of attackers at their beloved boys in blue.

Banks, you act as if this is business as usual and there are norms to be followed in this dance of democracy.

Since McConnell got with Trump what ‘norms’ weren’t fucking obliterated?

Once again the Republicans come strapped and moderate democrats bring covered dishes.

I hear folks saying “if they scrap the filibuster they won’t be able to fight when they are out of power.”

12:01 am of the first day the GOP has the majority in the Senate THE FILIBUSTER is todt

One of these days the Moderate Dems is gonna respect its base... if we don’t lose the Republic.

These ‘moderates’ sellout the people every damn time.

50-50 for opening DEBATE.

50 Democratic Senators represent 43, 000,000 more people.

Just for you, Banks

Achtung, Motherfuckshs!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 06:48:04 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: June 22, 2021, 06:42:11 PM »

GOP blocks hijacking of US voting process set up by the Constitution.
People say there is no good news anymore.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: June 22, 2021, 06:47:50 PM »

Banks, you act as if this is business as usual and there are norms to be followed in this dance of democracy.

I think democracy is too important to change the rules every time we may be disappointed by an outcome.  It has worked more or less through hardships in the past. It will again.

I told you a year ago that we live in a 50-50 world and that would temper all sorts of things, including going as BIG as you hoped.

I told you earlier today votes like today's 50-50 vote will be viewed by voters in '22 and they will decide who is the honest broker and who is not.

So no I'm not surprised.

Sometimes you take a step back to take two forward.

And there may be other legislative strategies that the Dems can use.

And the DoJ may be working overtime

And this issue will not go away any time soon,

And people will be angry, mostly those who feel threatened by disenfranchisement.

I understand you are disaapointed, so am I, but I am against shit-canning democracy, as that to me is a path to anarchy.

And I'm not at all sure that's a road we want to travel.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10294 on: June 22, 2021, 06:50:13 PM »

I think democracy is too important to change the rules every time we may be disappointed by an outcome.  It has worked more or less through hardships in the past. It will again.

I told you a year ago that we live in a 50-50 world and that would temper all sorts of things, including going as BIG as you hoped.

I told you earlier today votes like today's 50-50 vote will be viewed by voters in '22 and they will decide who is the honest broker and who is not.

So no I'm not surprised.

Sometimes you take a step back to take two forward.

And there may be other legislative strategies that the Dems can use.

And the DoJ may be working overtime

And this issue will not go away any time soon,

And people will be angry, mostly those who feel threatened by disenfranchisement.

I understand you are disaapointed, so am I, but I am against shit-canning democracy, as that to me is a path to anarchy.

And I'm not at all sure that's a road we want to travel.

Bruh...

Ah...

You’d rather have ‘order.’
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10295 on: June 22, 2021, 06:51:36 PM »

We wouldn’t be here if the reaction to a black president hadn’t got us the Shelby County decision.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: June 22, 2021, 06:55:48 PM »

Republican legislators have erased any daylight between themselves and insurrectionist terrorists....

Those aren’t people you can make deals with. Until you have broken every bone in their body you shouldn’t even try. If you are squeamish about smashing up so many bones, hack their limbs off.

I'm just going to say that this does strike me as overheated rhetoric.   When every metaphor used is physically violent,  then it can undermine your point when you are directing it against violence.

While I believe many many issues and disputes are best settled non violently, I don’t by any means hold this true in all cases.

Unless we convince several tens of thousands of alabastard jihadis, not the most hardcore, but the next most, those who can still be convinced of anything, that the kind of bullshit they’ve been playing since 2016 2008 comes with a very personal and non-recoverable cost to be applied retroactively, they will only continue to escalate on every front as we see them doing now.

Since these are among the most selfish and self-entitled pricks ever in human history, rivaling the Han, Brahmin, and even the fucking Vickis, the collective punishment they are doling out to the nation, the economy, the rule of law, and even to their own children doesn’t give them a moment of pause. We’ve got to make a great many of them hurt in ways they will complain about to anyone that will listen for the rest of their lives.

If physical violence is verboten across the board in your ethical universe, to get a reasonably equivalent level of deterrence, remove them from every public office and benefit, suspend all their lisences, professional, driving, hunting, fishing, boating, flying, and record all their phone calls, digital communications, and internet use and publish it all in an open searchable public database for the rest of their lives. Also make them wear ankle monitors and take weekly piss tests for their remaining time on earth to ensure the pose no further threat to the public. They can retain their right to vote through all this. We are a democracy after all, and will remain so if we fight smart and hard to keep our way of life. 

Just because their German sucks, doesn’t mean these aren’t still Nazis, not that their English is that much better than their German.

Fac flunked civcs in 2nd grade.

No reason why he can't be Kommisar of Korrect Political Thought

Fac-Rather than physical violence that you propose for 10s of thousands of people you disagree with, lets just put them in re-education camps, gulags, or other prisons until they have been sufficiently cleansed of their thought crimes.

I understand the Ludovico technique is very effective and turns roaring lions into passive lambs in no time.

All power to the correct people!

Just lock them out of civic life, impoverish, and shun them, and make them each wear a bell.

No power to those people who are determined to become even eviler bastards.

Fac, I think you should look into sterilization, we don't want enemies of the state to breed.

Republican encouragement of millenarian environmental policies means tiny plastic particles may have done that already to everyone or be on its way to completing that project.

Which is a bummer. I was looking forward to watching their children all die on a parched uninhabitable earth. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10297 on: June 22, 2021, 06:56:40 PM »

”I think democracy is too important to change the rules every time we may be disappointed by an outcome.  It has worked more or less through hardships in the past. It will again.”

This is why black people get fucked over time and again.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: June 22, 2021, 07:02:32 PM »

Republican legislators have erased any daylight between themselves and insurrectionist terrorists....

Those aren’t people you can make deals with. Until you have broken every bone in their body you shouldn’t even try. If you are squeamish about smashing up so many bones, hack their limbs off.

I'm just going to say that this does strike me as overheated rhetoric.   When every metaphor used is physically violent,  then it can undermine your point when you are directing it against violence.

While I believe many many issues and disputes are best settled non violently, I don’t by any means hold this true in all cases.

Unless we convince several tens of thousands of alabastard jihadis, not the most hardcore, but the next most, those who can still be convinced of anything, that the kind of bullshit they’ve been playing since 2016 2008 comes with a very personal and non-recoverable cost to be applied retroactively, they will only continue to escalate on every front as we see them doing now.

Since these are among the most selfish and self-entitled pricks ever in human history, rivaling the Han, Brahmin, and even the fucking Vickis, the collective punishment they are doling out to the nation, the economy, the rule of law, and even to their own children doesn’t give them a moment of pause. We’ve got to make a great many of them hurt in ways they will complain about to anyone that will listen for the rest of their lives.

If physical violence is verboten across the board in your ethical universe, to get a reasonably equivalent level of deterrence, remove them from every public office and benefit, suspend all their lisences, professional, driving, hunting, fishing, boating, flying, and record all their phone calls, digital communications, and internet use and publish it all in an open searchable public database for the rest of their lives. Also make them wear ankle monitors and take weekly piss tests for their remaining time on earth to ensure the pose no further threat to the public. They can retain their right to vote through all this. We are a democracy after all, and will remain so if we fight smart and hard to keep our way of life. 

Just because their German sucks, doesn’t mean these aren’t still Nazis, not that their English is that much better than their German.

Fac-Rather than physical violence that you propose for 10s of thousands of people you disagree with, lets just put them in re-education camps, gulags, or other prisons until they have been sufficiently cleansed of their thought crimes.

I understand the Ludovico technique is very effective and turns roaring lions into passive lambs in no time.

Just lock them out of civic life, impoverish, and shun them, and make them each wear a bell.

Fac, I think you should look into sterilization, we don't want enemies of the state to breed.

Republican encouragement of millenarian environmental policies means tiny plastic particles may have done that already to everyone or be on its way to completing that project.

Which is a bummer. I was looking forward to watching their children all die on a parched uninhabitable earth.

Fac this bit of word salad is fucked up.

You should stop and from time to time think before you post.

BTW this bit of insanity

Rather than a noisy bell, how about if your political enemies of the state wear a YELLOW STAR, RED Q, or PINK TRIANGLE?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:04:10 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10299 on: June 22, 2021, 07:11:47 PM »

There is nothing the GOP will agree to if they won’t debate the bill even after all the concessions progressives hated!

They got all the concessions they demanded on the 1/6 Commission and still voted against it.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10300 on: June 22, 2021, 07:19:46 PM »

McConnell wins again.
A Senator hated equally by the left and the Trumpsters
A Man for All (the right )Reasons.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10301 on: June 22, 2021, 07:21:27 PM »

”Just lock them out of civic life, impoverish, and shun them, and make them each wear a bell. 

Rather than a noisy bell, how about if your political enemies of the state wear a YELLOW STAR, RED Q, or PINK TRIANGLE?”

Or as been done time and again through American history the only identification necessary was skin tone.

’My only sin is in my skin.’

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: June 22, 2021, 07:22:46 PM »

Fac this bit of word salad is fucked up.

You should stop and from time to time think before you post.

BTW this bit of insanity

Rather than a noisy bell, how about if your political enemies of the state wear a YELLOW STAR, RED Q, or PINK TRIANGLE?

After Fort Sumpter, we put them in some serious POW camps when we found them. That worked out pretty well. Our nation still exists while their failed hellscape exists mostly in Kiid’s mom’s basement with her ne’er do well. 

Reportedly we also torched Georgia in the process, making up for our late start getting serious about that conflict.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: June 22, 2021, 07:25:23 PM »

McConnell wins again.
A Senator hated equally by the left and the Trumpsters
A Man for All (the right )Reasons.

He’s personally responsible for ending the filibuster, his only positive achievement at any point in his career.

He’s still ugly as Hell, even for an alabastard treason monkey.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10304 on: June 22, 2021, 07:27:55 PM »

Speaker Pelosi announces select 1/6 Insurrection

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 2926