Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756056 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10410 on: June 23, 2021, 04:38:58 PM »

I still think Sharpton missed a few necessary steps to restoring himself as a self-identified moral leader, but we can agree to disagree.

Ask Steven Pagones.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: June 23, 2021, 04:42:02 PM »

Fucking cunt.

It’s itching you again? It’s really past time you signed up for Medicaid and have someone look at that for you.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: June 23, 2021, 04:47:57 PM »

What do I have to apologize for? I believed her," Sharpton says.

Fair enough.  I guess then it's too much to expect him to apologize for being a moron, then.

Her story was bullshit from day one. 

I don't think the biblical admonition against bearing false witness, one that I assume a Reverend knows well, allows an out for believing a bullshit tale.

Wasn't Sharpton found guilty of defaming the DA and had to pay a fine of about $100k?

Which I believe he paid.

He accepted his sentence.

He could have apologized for ruining an innocent man's reputation.

But he chose not to.

Brawley is still paying. Has her wages garnered. Sharpton paid off his through cash raised by others. She's still on the hook for a lot of dough. "Honest" Al hasn't been able to help her, I guess.

But, she's not his only issue.

Wikipedia: Sharpton marched through Crown Heights and in front of the headquarters of the Chabad-Lubavitch Hasidic movement, shortly after the riot, with about 400 protesters (who chanted "Whose streets? Our streets!" and "No justice, no peace!"), in spite of Mayor David Dinkins' attempts to keep the march from happening.[36][32] Some commentators felt Sharpton inflamed tensions by making remarks that included "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."[37] In his eulogy for Cato, Sharpton said, "The world will tell us he was killed by accident. Yes, it was a social accident...It’s an accident to allow an apartheid ambulance service in the middle of Crown Heights...Talk about how Oppenheimer in South Africa sends diamonds straight to Tel Aviv and deals with the diamond merchants right here in Crown Heights. The issue is not anti-Semitism; the issue is apartheid...All we want to say is what Jesus said: If you offend one of these little ones, you got to pay for it. No compromise, no meetings, no kaffe klatsch, no skinnin’ and grinnin’. Pay for your deeds."[38]

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: June 23, 2021, 04:55:53 PM »

From Wikipedia: In 1995 a black Pentecostal Church, the United House of Prayer, which owned a retail property on 125th Street, asked Fred Harari, a Jewish tenant who operated Freddie's Fashion Mart, to evict his longtime subtenant, a black-owned record store called The Record Shack. Sharpton led a protest in Harlem against the planned eviction of The Record Shack,[43][44][45] in which he told the protesters, "We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business."[46]

Jesse Jackson (third from left) and Sharpton (third from right) at anti-impeachment rally at the US Capitol in support of President Bill Clinton (fourth from left), December 17, 1998.
On December 8, 1995, Roland J. Smith Jr., one of the protesters, entered Harari's store with a gun and flammable liquid, shot several customers and set the store on fire. The gunman fatally shot himself, and seven store employees died of smoke inhalation.[47][48] Fire Department officials discovered that the store's sprinkler had been shut down, in violation of the local fire code.[49] Sharpton claimed that the perpetrator was an open critic of himself and his nonviolent tactics. In 2002, Sharpton expressed regret for making the racial remark "white interloper" but denied responsibility for inflaming or provoking the violence.

And uring 2007, Sharpton was accused of bigotry for comments he made on May 7, 2007, concerning presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his religion, Mormonism:

As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation.[93

Dude's a fucking bigot.

But he's your bigot, right, fac?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: June 23, 2021, 04:59:15 PM »

An investigation by Michigan's Republican-led Senate Oversight Committee found no evidence of widespread voter fraud in 2020, and recommended that Michigan's attorney general investigate individuals who made false claims "for their own ends."

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-led-michigan-senate-investigation-140136563.html

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10415 on: June 23, 2021, 05:00:55 PM »

The bottom line is that officers need to be allowed to do their job,” Imperatrice went on. “They need to be able to proactively police the streets and have bad guys that are arrested be held behind bars and not re-released to reoffend. There are people out there becoming victims because of irresponsible remarks such as these, they deserve better that

Fucking cunt.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/22/police-groups-rip-msnbc-for-blaming-cops-for-crime-spike/?fbclid=IwAR2KHNWSIqNMz6C4q6odZKLwNjZpSv1ctDSNSj1Qaq4iq1CNin0bQbosxWw
d

If you’re talking about Patrick Lynch, you’re right. That’s exactly what he is.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: June 23, 2021, 05:01:41 PM »

The bottom line is that officers need to be allowed to do their job,” Imperatrice went on. “They need to be able to proactively police the streets and have bad guys that are arrested be held behind bars and not re-released to reoffend. There are people out there becoming victims because of irresponsible remarks such as these, they deserve better that

Fucking cunt.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/22/police-groups-rip-msnbc-for-blaming-cops-for-crime-spike/?fbclid=IwAR2KHNWSIqNMz6C4q6odZKLwNjZpSv1ctDSNSj1Qaq4iq1CNin0bQbosxWw
Right wing.cancel culture strikes again! The Right Wing Council of Chokeholds has put any discussion of police conduct off limits.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10417 on: June 23, 2021, 05:03:58 PM »

I still think Sharpton missed a few necessary steps to restoring himself as a self-identified moral leader, but we can agree to disagree.

Ask Steven Pagones.

“[Sharpton] says he regrets having resorted to "name-calling" against Pagones and that the case taught him to refrain from personal attacks in his activism.”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: June 23, 2021, 05:11:23 PM »

Ask Steven Pagones.

“[Sharpton] says he regrets having resorted to "name-calling" against Pagones and that the case taught him to refrain from personal attacks in his activism.”
Jeez, you can do better that, Larry. Actually, with regard to the Brawley affair you probably can’t.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 05:13:19 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bambu.

• View Profile
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: June 23, 2021, 05:15:38 PM »

While we’re arguing about Ham’s fantasy father’s place in history, this happened

http://www.vox.com/2021/6/23/22547182/supreme-court-union-busting-cedar-point-hassid-john-roberts-takings-clause

The Roberts court kills public health to save the plantation.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #10421 on: June 23, 2021, 05:18:09 PM »

Fucking cunt.

This is an unfortunate instance of a binary argument where neither position is quite anchored in reality.   Crime surges like the recent one are,  historically, characteristic of pandemics,  where the perfect storm of high unemployment and sequestration at home rolls in.  The human psyche is frail,  and many tend to break bad when their lives shrink down.   Add more guns,  stir well,  and voila:  crime wave.   

Followed by Lawn Order candidates winning mayoral primaries.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10422 on: June 23, 2021, 05:18:49 PM »

Ask Steven Pagones.

Jeez, you can do better that, Larry. Actually, with regard to the Brawley affair you probably can’t.

I am quoting.

This same statement was posted earlier.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: June 23, 2021, 05:21:58 PM »

http://www.vice.com/en/article/pkb377/all-the-terrible-things-proud-boys-have-done-since-storming-the-capitol

Did you really think this was not going to happen, given what happened in Seattle, Portland etc last year?
The Proud Boys seem to think they're taking their country back from the left/violent left.
They seem very angry.
Angry people make mistakes.
Someone has to stand against what's going on in the world today, but they need to work smarter.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10424 on: June 23, 2021, 05:24:38 PM »

Ask Steven Pagones.

Brawley lied to her aunt with an elaborate and considering the climate of the time initially plausible.

Her aunt went Maddox and Mason. They enlisted Sharpton.

Her bad act led to the shit storm.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 693 694 [695] 696 697 ... 2926