Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756369 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10590 on: June 25, 2021, 11:33:34 AM »

Red meant nice OxyContin. Red is a junky with a one track mind.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10591 on: June 25, 2021, 11:34:23 AM »

Chauivin (sentencing scheduled for tomorrow) will likely get more years in prison than this traitor: A female linguist who worked for the Pentagon in Iraq was sentenced to 23 years behind bars for giving classified information to a Hezbollah-tied foreign national.

Mariam Taha Thompson was charged in May 2020 in federal court with “transmitting highly sensitive classified national defense information to a foreign national," who she believed would provide the information to Lebanese-based Hezbollah, a foreign terrorist organization tied to Iran.

Court records show Thompson signed an extensive statement of facts in late January admitting to the covert plot, and she pleaded guilty in March. Thompson faced a maximum sentence of up to life imprisonment.

https://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-linguist-passed-secrets-hezbollah-231600832.html

I would hope so considering he was convicted of murder...

Second degree murder of a convicted felon vs treason to the USA?

Sorry, to me the traitor's offenses are much worse. Who knows how many lives were jeopardized or lost based on her actions?

She cut a deal and pled out.

He was convicted.

Yes. Fair trial and all that. But the degree of offense is greater, IMO.

Evidently the DOJ disagrees with your assessment.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: June 25, 2021, 11:36:54 AM »

DoJ back in the Justice biz

As expected DoJ challenging voter suppression laws

Going after Georgia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/georgia-voting-law-justice-department-lawsuit/2021/06/25/8bc3cd08-d5bd-11eb-a53a-3b5450fdca7a_story.html

The Justice Department will file a federal lawsuit Friday against the state of Georgia for its efforts to enact new voting restrictions that federal authorities allege discriminate against Black Americans, according to people familiar with the matter.

New hires at DoJ are going to be busy for the next year, or four, fighting R-party shaky platform to restrict voter rights

DOJ may be successful - but just in a small measure re:  the new legislation

Most of it - including voter ID - should be upheld
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10593 on: June 25, 2021, 11:37:19 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/25/politics/fulton-county-ballots-lawsuit/index.html

Still losing in court:
A Georgia judge has dismissed most of a lawsuit seeking an inspection of Fulton County's absentee ballots from the 2020 presidential election.

It's a potential setback to the Republican-led effort to undermine the legitimacy of the results in the state's largest county, even though the case will proceed for the time being.

The plaintiffs, who believe counterfeit ballots were counted in the 2020 election, have pushed to use microscopes to examine nearly 150,000 absentee ballots. They are seeking to examine the paper stock, creases and method in which the bubbles were filled to determine if any ballots are counterfeit.

Even if the audit proceeds, it will not lead to Georgia's election results -- which have already been certified for President Joe Biden -- being overturned.

Henry County Superior Court Chief Judge Brian Amero on Thursday dismissed the case against Fulton County, the Fulton County Board of Registration and Elections, and the Fulton County Clerk judge. He said the plaintiffs "have failed to meet their burden to show an applicable waiver of sovereign immunity such that their constitutional claims may proceed against these governmental actors in the petition's current form."

The plaintiffs were allowed to add five folks to the list of defendants, but as the five are not accused of any wrongdoing, it seems likely that the case against them, too, will be dismissed.

From Fulton County:
"This lawsuit is the result of meritless claims and the Big Lie. The votes have been counted three times, including a hand recount, and no evidence of widespread fraud has been found," Pitts said. "Last year, I told President Trump and others who push the Big Lie to "put up or shut up." It's been six months and no proof of wrongdoing has been produced. Enough is enough -- this whole circus must end," Pitts added.

I am gratified that only 1 person is "unsure" who won the election, though I am sorry it is even that high.

I suspect that we at EfromE have at least one more Trump voter than the number of participants on the poll would indicate. Probably he would have had to vote in a way he did not wish to to remain honest and chose (for a change) to say nothing.

The GOP gonna be real upset by this...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-06-25/justice-department-sues-georgia-over-gop-backed-voting-law
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10594 on: June 25, 2021, 11:39:30 AM »

Going after Georgia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/georgia-voting-law-justice-department-lawsuit/2021/06/25/8bc3cd08-d5bd-11eb-a53a-3b5450fdca7a_story.html

The Justice Department will file a federal lawsuit Friday against the state of Georgia for its efforts to enact new voting restrictions that federal authorities allege discriminate against Black Americans, according to people familiar with the matter.

New hires at DoJ are going to be busy for the next year, or four, fighting R-party shaky platform to restrict voter rights

DOJ may be successful - but just in a small measure re:  the new legislation

Most of it - including voter ID - should be upheld

New legislation is totally based on LIES about voter fraud.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10595 on: June 25, 2021, 11:42:11 AM »

Going after Georgia

If the Senate passes HR 1 then all those lies based laws would be moot.

But why the Hell should four or five Democrats care about their voting base having their electoral rights usurped?

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: June 25, 2021, 11:42:33 AM »

Your opinion, Larry

I stand by my post - and expect when I am correct that you will cite your rage here

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: June 25, 2021, 11:45:18 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/24/biden-julia-gordon-fha-496159

America gets greater one appointment at a time.

It’s amazing how nice it is when republicans lose power to pull you into the shithole country they are trying to build on the ashes of America, a nation republicans are always trying to burn down.

The only to Presidents with first 100 day economies close to as strong as Joe Biden are Kennedy and FDR.

Republicans are bad at everything, but they are especially bad a governing. It’s because they never tell the truth to anyone, especially themselves.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: June 25, 2021, 11:47:15 AM »

Your opinion, Larry

I stand by my post - and expect when I am correct that you will cite your rage here

Since you labeled yourself a fucking incoherent clown, no one cares what you say or think. Get in your tiny incoherent car and fuck off.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: June 25, 2021, 11:47:24 AM »

Or not worried about keeping her seat, regardless of electability.
Nice oxymoron.

No, Ward, you just don't understand.

I am suggesting the possibility that she would prefer to say what she thinks without regard for its impact on her ability to stay in the Senate.

Were it true, she would be worthy of praise for that, even if I disagree with the statement itself.

No oxymoron. Just a very unlikely but possible piece of reasoning.
Say goodnight, Gracie.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: June 25, 2021, 11:49:07 AM »

Fuck off, dick shot ward.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: June 25, 2021, 11:50:49 AM »

Have to think about that one. But I think the bigger issue might be what counts as taxable income.

Do you prefer that high earners reinvest their income - or stash it away?

What is their incentive to do so?

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10602 on: June 25, 2021, 12:05:58 PM »

Chauvin sentencing today.

Could get as little as 12.5 years but up to 29, it seems.  Likely to be more toward the latter

Chauvin will have the opportunity to speak prior to the judgement.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/25/us/derek-chauvin-sentencing-george-floyd/index.html

He is not a sympathetic figure.

He would be wise to keep his mouth shut.

With the understanding that shutting mouths is what the left is all about, he still has a right to speak. Maybe he'll say he was sorry and admit he was wrong.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: June 25, 2021, 12:08:16 PM »

Chauivin (sentencing scheduled for tomorrow) will likely get more years in prison than this traitor: A female linguist who worked for the Pentagon in Iraq was sentenced to 23 years behind bars for giving classified information to a Hezbollah-tied foreign national.

Mariam Taha Thompson was charged in May 2020 in federal court with “transmitting highly sensitive classified national defense information to a foreign national," who she believed would provide the information to Lebanese-based Hezbollah, a foreign terrorist organization tied to Iran.

Court records show Thompson signed an extensive statement of facts in late January admitting to the covert plot, and she pleaded guilty in March. Thompson faced a maximum sentence of up to life imprisonment.

https://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-linguist-passed-secrets-hezbollah-231600832.html

I would hope so considering he was convicted of murder...

Second degree murder of a convicted felon vs treason to the USA?

Sorry, to me the traitor's offenses are much worse. Who knows how many lives were jeopardized or lost based on her actions?

She cut a deal and pled out.

He was convicted.

Yes. Fair trial and all that. But the degree of offense is greater, IMO.

Evidently the DOJ disagrees with your assessment.

Maybe she's just the first fish to get fried. Either way, my assessment is based on my interpretation of the offense and the danger to everyone in the entire country, not just a slice of its population.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: June 25, 2021, 12:15:14 PM »

Have to think about that one. But I think the bigger issue might be what counts as taxable income.

Do you prefer that high earners reinvest their income - or stash it away?

What is their incentive to do so?

I prefer that everyone pays a fair share, and that every state gets a similar ROI based on the money they send to the feds. I prefer less government subsidies for industries that do not need it, which would reduce taxation, potentially. We know that some income gets taxed in some states, not in others. So, for example, in NJ social security is taxed, but not in PA. That hardly seems fair. I don't even know why a state CAN tax Social Security, and we can count that among the many things I don't know about the tax codes of the feds and states. But I don't buy into the idea of a plan to "soak the rich" is a fair one anymore than I buy into the notion that corporations should be exempt from taxation because it hurts the economy.

Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 2927