Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756313 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10605 on: June 25, 2021, 12:22:27 PM »

https://www.salon.com/2021/06/25/biden-quietly-transforms-medicaid-safety-net_partner/

ROI in effect.

Amazing what government can accomplish when it isn’t entrusted to losers.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10606 on: June 25, 2021, 12:25:06 PM »

New legislation is totally based on LIES about voter fraud.

Your opinion, Larry

I stand by my post - and expect when I am correct that you will cite your rage here

Not my opinion.

It is a fact that all the new legislation is based on non existent voter fraud.

Can you prove otherwise?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10608 on: June 25, 2021, 12:28:59 PM »

Chauvin sentencing today.

Could get as little as 12.5 years but up to 29, it seems.  Likely to be more toward the latter

Chauvin will have the opportunity to speak prior to the judgement.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/25/us/derek-chauvin-sentencing-george-floyd/index.html

He is not a sympathetic figure.

He would be wise to keep his mouth shut.

With the understanding that shutting mouths is what the left is all about, he still has a right to speak. Maybe he'll say he was sorry and admit he was wrong.

Maybe.

If I’m his attorney I’d advise silence because nothing  he can say can remove the look on his face as he slowly, deliberately killed a man in front of cameras and witnesses.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: June 25, 2021, 12:38:48 PM »

Your opinion, Larry

I stand by my post - and expect when I am correct that you will cite your rage here

Not my opinion.

Can you prove otherwise?

It actually doesnt matter if it is non existent in a certain locale or not.

Or do you prefer a wrongdoing - such as child abuse - OCCUR first before it is legislated against?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: June 25, 2021, 12:48:39 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10611 on: June 25, 2021, 12:50:10 PM »

Your opinion, Larry

Not my opinion.

Can you prove otherwise?

Or do you prefer a wrongdoing - such as child abuse - OCCUR first before it is legislated against?

Take that Minority Report bullshit back out to the pasture where it belongs.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: June 25, 2021, 12:50:56 PM »

Your opinion, Larry

Not my opinion.

Can you prove otherwise?

Putting a republican at the head of any education department constitutes child abuse. There should definitely be a law against that.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10613 on: June 25, 2021, 01:47:17 PM »

Chauvin defense have thrown everything against the wall... asking for probation and now asking for a new trial.

Nope

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/derek-chauvin-be-sentenced-murder-death-george-floyd-n1272332?fbclid=IwAR2fwBKDMt0PyGqAI7Ew8b7y7Y1xoGMCRtdgGNTHQ1H3_MUUFdBsrOirrro

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #10614 on: June 25, 2021, 02:30:56 PM »

Your opinion, Larry

You posted an assertion, but without articulating an opinion.  "Most of it should be upheld" -- why?   Flat statement conveys nothing.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #10615 on: June 25, 2021, 02:45:43 PM »

Your opinion, Larry

Not my opinion.

Can you prove otherwise?

Laws are passed because there's a need -- someone does something wrong, something that harms.  There were no laws against public spitting until it spread tuberculosis. 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: June 25, 2021, 03:07:56 PM »

My Brother married Roy and Dale's Granddaughter, and he had 3 children with her, and they were on welfare.

I understand my Brother being poor, our Father died when we were little kids and we were raised by a poor single Mother, but Roy's Granddaughter should have had money and connections.

They taxed Roy at 90% and his family suffered for it.

Since then, after the passing of Roy and Dale, all of Roy's family had to leave California because it is too expensive here, and they all moved to places where it is less expensive, such as Alabama, Missouri, and Nevada.

After the family fell into poverty the Roy Rogers museum was closed, and all of the stuff from the museum was auctioned off to raise money for the Rogers family.

The Rogers children should have been wealthy, with access to the best schools and great educations, but that was not the case.

And the situation for their Great Grandkids, and Great Great Grandkids, is as if Roy and Dale never existed and never worked. They are just as poor as the poorest of the poor.

They are working at fast food restaurants that are owned by other people, etc.

I have one niece who was very smart as a child, and I wanted her to go to Harvard, but instead they ended up poor in Alabama, she ended up addicted to drugs, her husband committed suicide, and now she is going to jail, it is all bullshit, I did not want her to experience that life, I wanted her to go to Harvard. She is Roy Rogers' Great Granddaughter, she should have went to Harvard.

So, they taxed Roy at 90% and his family suffered.

But, they are still trying to succeed, and a new play is in the works. The Roy Rogers and Dale Evans play that has been in the works is coming to Atlanta. Then hopefully the play goes to Broadway in New York, which is where I want to see the play. Then, hopefully they make a film. Then, if the film about Roy and Dale is a success, hopefully some of the money goes to Roy and Dale's family. I think Dusty Rogers is involved with it all, and hopefully he profits from it and helps the others.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 03:15:44 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10617 on: June 25, 2021, 03:20:22 PM »

My Brother married Roy and Dale's Granddaughter, and he had 3 children with her, and they were on welfare.

I understand my Brother being poor, our Father died when we were little kids and we were raised by a poor single Mother, but Roy's Granddaughter should have had money and connections.

Since then, after the passing of Roy and Dale, all of Roy's family had to leave California because it is too expensive here, and they all moved to places where it is less expensive, such as Alabama, Missouri, and Nevada.

After the family fell into poverty the Roy Rogers museum was closed, and all of the stuff from the museum was auctioned off to raise money for the Rogers family.

The Rogers children should have been wealthy, with access to the best schools and great educations, but that was not the case.

And the situation for their Great Grandkids, and Great Great Grandkids, is as if Roy and Dale never existed and never worked. They are just as poor as the poorest of the poor.

I have one niece who was very smart as a child, and I wanted her to go to Harvard, but instead they ended up poor in Alabama, she ended up addicted to drugs, her husband committed suicide, and now she is going to jail, it is all bullshit, I did not want her to experience that life, I wanted her to go to Harvard. She is Roy Rogers' Great Granddaughter, she should have went to Harvard.

But, they are still trying to succeed, and a new play is in the works. The Roy Rogers and Dale Evans play that has been in the works is coming to Atlanta. Then hopefully the play goes to Broadway in New York, which is where I want to see the play. Then, hopefully they make a film. Then, if the film about Roy and Dale is a success, hopefully some of the money goes to Roy and Dale's family. I think Dusty Rogers is involved with it all, and hopefully he profits from it and helps the others.

Salute,

Tony V.

Roy should have had better lawyers so he and his estate would have received the residuals from his artistic production and from when licensees his name and likeness to the fast food franchise.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: June 25, 2021, 03:22:13 PM »

Your opinion, Larry

No, Kid.

The opinion of dozens of judges, myriad investigations by Republicans including Trump's own voter fraud commission, and even Trump's occasional Dream Team lawyer, Sidney Powell.

It was soooo not fraud that often when the Trump team lawyers got in front of a judge, they refused to claim it was fraud to avoid being sanctioned. See also: Rudy Giuliani suspension.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: June 25, 2021, 03:22:59 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Roy should have had better lawyers so he and his estate would have received the residuals from his artistic production and from when licensees his name and likeness to the fast food franchise.

They did.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 2927