Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756377 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10740 on: June 26, 2021, 09:40:50 PM »

Let the Repubs blow it up all on their own, Joe didn't have to give the Gang of 10 a reason to bail, but he did, (and 5 did) and it was dumb and counter-productive.

What did it gain?

Joe looked like a less than honest broker in the process.

And someone advised him it wasn't playing well in Peoria.

YMMV

You want an omelet you have to break some eggs. However, in this instance the eggs are still in the fucking carton and the GOP are already bitching about shell fragments in the bowl, dig?

Joe is no sucker...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10741 on: June 26, 2021, 09:51:13 PM »

For once the Democrats left the covered dishes in the car and brought knives to the knife fight and the GOP screams NO FAIR!

Fuck that.

Dems weren’t given majorities in both Houses just to bow to the Party that is in the process of destroying Democracy!

AOC is correct. If Dems hadn’t held onto the House majority the GOP would not have certified the election.

The GOP national party is on board with the state and local legislators jamming through anti-democratic laws based on the BIG LIE about BLACK voter fraud and you’re calling Biden a “dishonest broker and just another politician”

That doesn’t make sense because he may not be St. Joseph he IS on the side of the angels whereas the GOP would gladly be the next iteration of the America First Bund.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: June 26, 2021, 10:19:42 PM »

Dems weren’t given majorities in both Houses just to bow to the Party that is in the process of destroying Democracy!

Shhhhh...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10743 on: June 26, 2021, 10:42:12 PM »

Shhhhh...

Republicans are anti-American.

They don’t give a shit about Police or the Military.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: June 26, 2021, 11:32:17 PM »

Shhhhh...

Hey, which side of the Hannity-Carlson blood feud do you come down on?

I take you for a Tucker guy, more than ready to throw Sean under the bus.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: June 26, 2021, 11:55:58 PM »

Let the Repubs blow it up all on their own, Joe didn't have to give the Gang of 10 a reason to bail, but he did, (and 5 did) and it was dumb and counter-productive.

What did it gain?

YMMV

You want an omelet you have to break some eggs. However, in this instance the eggs are still in the fucking carton and the GOP are already bitching about shell fragments in the bowl, dig?

Joe is no sucker...

I want an infrastructure bill, and I told you so a year ago and why it was important.

And so does Joe which is why he walked back his dumb statement.

Hopefully he can repair the damage and they can go forward with infrastructure and then go on to other pressing matters, like voting rights, and a reconcilation where they can pad the tab.

But lets not skip over the facts Biden had his bi-partisan legislative victory in his sights, which is pretty fucking important, but took points off the board, threatening the outcome. And he must have caught a lot of shit. That's why he walked it back.

He wants the bill and wants the messaging "I can make government work for the people-even with fucking Republicans" 

You can have the eggs.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 11:57:42 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10747 on: June 27, 2021, 12:54:36 AM »

What did it gain?

YMMV

Joe is no sucker...

I want an infrastructure bill, and I told you so a year ago and why it was important.

And so does Joe which is why he walked back his dumb statement.

Hopefully he can repair the damage and they can go forward with infrastructure and then go on to other pressing matters, like voting rights, and a reconcilation where they can pad the tab.

But lets not skip over the facts Biden had his bi-partisan legislative victory in his sights, which is pretty fucking important, but took points off the board, threatening the outcome. And he must have caught a lot of shit. That's why he walked it back.

He wants the bill and wants the messaging "I can make government work for the people-even with fucking Republicans" 

You can have the eggs.

What makes you think the Republicans are honest brokers?

Where is the evidence? What is their track record? Why do you think so many anecdotes in Beltway media are just variations on the Lucy (R) holding the football for Charlie Brown (D)?

The majority of the people want what Joe Biden is selling and for the most part don’t give a fuck about bipartisanship or process.

Deliver to the people what they elected you to get for them. Good policy is good politics.

Meanwhile Admiral Ackbar is screaming at the GOP, “IT’S A TRAP!”

“That statement understandably upset some Republicans, who do not see the two plans as linked; they are hoping to defeat my Families Plan and do not want their support for the infrastructure plan to be seen as aiding passage of the Families Plan,”Biden said in the statement. “My comments also created the impression that I was issuing a veto threat on the very plan I had just agreed to, which was certainly not my intent.

The statement went on to say, “So to be clear: our bipartisan agreement does not preclude Republicans from attempting to defeat my Families Plan; likewise, they should have no objections to my devoted efforts to pass that Families Plan and other proposals in tandem.

We will let the American people—and the Congress—decide.”

Biden didn’t walk back shit.

He is gonna take his argument on the road and let the GOP bitch about process.

“I’m here to show you ‘Yes we can, build back better’ but our Republican leaders are telling you, ‘No we can’t.’

“Come on, man! We’re Americans and if we work together there’s nothing we can’t do...”

This just might be epic... if ‘Moderate Democrats’ don’t go squishy.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: June 27, 2021, 01:39:03 AM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6/26/2037183/-A-bad-law-could-do-something-good-Prosecute-Jan-6-speakers-and-insurgents-using-the-Smith-Act

This needs to be stapled to the AG’s forehead, ASAHP. It needs to be turned into a K-Pop song.

Smith act, Smith act, Smith act. And throw away the keys.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: June 27, 2021, 01:46:39 AM »

We’re having an infrastructure bill, in two parts if republicans love America more than they hate the 55-60% of the population who would rather vote for a Democrat than a republican every time they are able to choose. If hate is stronger than love in the GOP, there will just be one large bill accomplished through reconciliation with the same vote breakdown as Covid relief of 1.9 Trillion dollars. Either way, major infrastructure legislation will be signed into law before (wait for it… ) Labor Day. It will be a jobs package. The best time to announce those is Labor Day. In the meantime, millions of hard working families will be getting monthly tax rebate checks starting in a few weeks, a small subtle reminder that Democrats care about them and do things to improve their lives while republicans don’t.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: June 27, 2021, 10:12:03 AM »

Could Kamala Harris WEAR more jewelry on her trip to "the border"?

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: June 27, 2021, 10:39:24 AM »

Could Kamala Harris WEAR more jewelry on her trip to "the border"?

Jewelry bother you, kid?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: June 27, 2021, 10:44:26 AM »

Looks like Kid can fill the long-empty fashion expert role for this Board.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: June 27, 2021, 10:44:48 AM »

G'day!

Top o'the morning to you!

Angie Yen, who lives in Brisbane, Queensland -- and has never been to Ireland -- had her tonsils removed on April 19. Nine days later, she woke up with “an Irish-sounding accent” she did not recognize.

“I was getting ready for a job interview and I was just singing in the shower which I normally do and all these words were coming out; all the sounds I had never heard of before,” Yen told The Hard Shoulder. She immediately called a well-traveled friend, who then confirmed that she indeed sounded Irish.

Aside from getting an Irish accent, the 28-year-old says her singing voice also improved. She can now hit notes she was unable to hit before.

Too-ra-loo-ra-lie!!!

https://news.yahoo.com/australian-woman-woke-surgery-irish-171907423.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 2927