Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755806 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10875 on: June 29, 2021, 12:02:33 AM »

One guess as to what kind of camp...

Nearly 100 COVID-19 cases have resulted from an outbreak at a summer youth camp in west central Illinois, mostly involving unvaccinated people, the Illinois Department of Public Health reported Monday.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20210628/covid-19-outbreak-traced-to-camp

Self-rapturing.

Campers practice low key snake handling 24/7, whether they know it or not.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: June 29, 2021, 12:05:20 AM »

IOC Rule 50

- No kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propoganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.

If you stop betraying the United States Constitution, fewer people will feel they have to show you up.

Abandon your Christian white nationalism. Come home to Jesus, Franklin, and Jefferson and there may still be something in you to be redeemed.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: June 29, 2021, 12:41:46 AM »

So is Kid.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: June 29, 2021, 12:48:40 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: June 29, 2021, 02:32:44 AM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6/28/2037481/-Colorado-Gov-Jared-Polis-signs-into-law-Agricultural-Workers-Rights-bill

Democratic government lifts all boats. The Democratic Party is the only major US party in the Democratic government business anymore.

The other party worships at the altar of the poisonous serpent. In fact they’ve made The Snake the centerpiece of their catechism.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: June 29, 2021, 07:02:30 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10881 on: June 29, 2021, 07:35:28 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: June 29, 2021, 08:35:01 AM »

Which one are YOU?

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/quiz/political-typology/

Where I am is annoyed by false dichotomies like "The obstacles that once made it harder for women than men to get ahead are now largely gone

There are still significant obstacles that make it harder for women to get ahead than men"

Both are true.

Solid Liberal. I wish they had updated stats for distribution in 2021 rather than 2017.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: June 29, 2021, 08:40:44 AM »

"We don't need any more activist athletes," [Representative Dan] Crenshaw said. "You know, she should be removed from the team. The entire point of the Olympic team is to represent the United States of America. That's the entire point."

No using the Olympic team as a platform - period.

Either you are for free speech or you are against it. If she wants to do her thing, it's on her, and she can live with all that comes with that.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: June 29, 2021, 08:46:08 AM »

IOC Rule 50

- No kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propoganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.

If you stop betraying the United States Constitution, fewer people will feel they have to show you up.

Abandon your Christian white nationalism. Come home to Jesus, Franklin, and Jefferson and there may still be something in you to be redeemed.

The INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE does not follow the US Constitution.

Kid's quoting their rules, doesn't warrant the idiocy that you posted here, though it does demonstrate your own hypocrisy.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: June 29, 2021, 08:49:40 AM »

Which one are YOU?

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/quiz/political-typology/

Where I am is annoyed by false dichotomies like "The obstacles that once made it harder for women than men to get ahead are now largely gone

There are still significant obstacles that make it harder for women to get ahead than men"

Both are true.

Solid Liberal. I wish they had updated stats for distribution in 2021 rather than 2017.

Typing is a dangerous sport. And, yes, I had issues with the conclusions drawn, starting from the way the survey was conducted with such dichotomies.

They placed me as an Opp-Dem, the closest category for me, perhaps, but not wholly an accurate description of my political beliefs.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: June 29, 2021, 08:52:35 AM »

IOC Rule 50

The INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE does not follow the US Constitution.

Kid's quoting their rules, doesn't warrant the idiocy that you posted here, though it does demonstrate your own hypocrisy.

No, your response is what's off.

His point is not about whether the IOC follows or doesn't the US Constitution, but that US citizens would stop feeling the need to protest what is going on in our country in whatever places they can if our country did much better.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: June 29, 2021, 09:48:50 AM »

One guess as to what kind of camp...

Nearly 100 COVID-19 cases have resulted from an outbreak at a summer youth camp in west central Illinois, mostly involving unvaccinated people, the Illinois Department of Public Health reported Monday.

https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20210628/covid-19-outbreak-traced-to-camp

"why it's crucial for kids to mask and social distance while indoors with the pandemic still a threat"

- citing article, which says this comes from CDC

So...

I guess kids will be required to "mask up" at schools in September.   Heeeeere we go.....
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: June 29, 2021, 10:21:18 AM »

His point is not about whether the IOC follows or doesn't the US Constitution, but that US citizens would stop feeling the need to protest what is going on in our country in whatever places they can if our country did much better.

My point is she has had her (3rd place) 15 minutes - and now no further nonsense will be accepted

I agree with the commentators who said we should shine the light on the event winner - who I believe had a US record throw.

The unpatriotic chick to me is already forgotten - couldnt even tell you her name.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 2926