Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755767 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10906 on: June 29, 2021, 02:42:03 PM »

One bright spot of the corona crisis might be that more people have learned how to work from home. That would mean less people on the freeways, less pollution in the air, and it is also good for the kids to have their parents home.

If you can run a company from an office in New York City, then you can do it from your home office with modern equipment.

Home offices are a plus for society.

Salute,

Tony V.

Good point, Tony.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: June 29, 2021, 03:10:07 PM »

http://youtu.be/i0k2zvQ5lx8

More good points.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: June 29, 2021, 03:20:33 PM »

You are a fool Hammy. No one is buying your weak cheese.

I bet you think you just made an argument.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: June 29, 2021, 03:26:55 PM »

Two observations do not an argument make.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: June 29, 2021, 03:34:45 PM »

Kid wrote: IOC Rule 50

- No kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propoganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.

YOU Responded: If you stop betraying the United States Constitution, fewer people will feel they have to show you up.

Abandon your Christian white nationalism. Come home to Jesus, Franklin, and Jefferson and there may still be something in you to be redeemed.

Besides the obvious bigotry in your "argument", made no counterpoint to the fact that he posts.

Because when the facts are not on your side, that's what you do.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: June 29, 2021, 04:09:56 PM »

Now is the time to train our cities on how to keep protests peaceful.

We had riots all over the USA for George Floyd, they rioted and burned and looted in Beverly Hills, and all over, the cops here in Beverly Hills were just letting people riot and burn, and when it came to my neighborhood in the OC someone told me that the police should not have killed George Floyd and that I deserved what I had coming for being a white man in America. I did not agree with that, and I told the police on Facebook to get out there and block off the streets and do not let the rioters burn in our city. I also told the police to protect the markets where we buy our food. I told them to do crowd control just like we did at Universal Studios, and like they do at sporting events and concerts, and at Disneyland, etc. You gotta get out there and control the crowds, you do not just let people riot and burn and loot in your city. You gotta run the city like a big theme park, and block streets where you do not want the rioters to go down, etc. So, the marchers were allowed to march in Anaheim, but they were not allowed to burn and loot, and everything was peaceful.

I support peaceful protest, but I do not support rioting and burning  and looting, and I was happy that the local police department got out there and did crowd control instead of just allowing the crowds to burn and loot. 

Cities need to train and learn during peaceful times in order to prepare for things such as riots, and cops need to learn how to do crowd control, they need to get comfortable working with large crowds of people. The cops need to work at the concerts, and theme parks, and at the sporting events, to learn how to do crowd control and to get comfortable working with large crowds.

Now is the time to train the people on how to handle riots and on how to do crowd control.

People have the right to protest, but not to riot, burn, and loot, no matter what the issue is, and innocent people should not suffer for something that they had nothing to do with.

Now is the time for cities to learn and prepare so they can handle protests in the future and so that everything can be kept peaceful. 

And it goes for any protest, for Trump, or for whoever, the protests need to be kept peaceful. And now is the time to train our cities.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: June 29, 2021, 04:45:48 PM »

- No kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propoganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.

YOU Responded: If you stop betraying the United States Constitution, fewer people will feel they have to show you up.

Abandon your Christian white nationalism. Come home to Jesus, Franklin, and Jefferson and there may still be something in you to be redeemed.

Besides the obvious bigotry in your "argument", made no counterpoint to the fact that he posts.

Kid’s larger and running point of which the quoted outburst is a recent symptom is that white supremacy and militarized apartheid is a feature and not a bug of US culture at the moment and any move to correct or criticize or eliminate white supremacy and militarized apartheid should be ignored and suppressed so slobs like Kid (and you) can float along in his little white bubble, even if it means dumping plagues on the nation and killing its cops in attempted coups. Unfortunately the bulk of republicans, Christian white supremacists, agree with him wholeheartedly. Fortunately, between mortality and defections, there are fewer and fewer republicans every day.

I don’t care about IOC rules of conduct or the Hunger Games, Tokyo edition. The only care I have in this Olympics is who is leaving the shindig with which variants of Covid and where they are taking them home.

The most urgent issue in the United States is defeating American Fascism in the form of the republican party and it’s offshoots. I defend actions both symbolic and concrete that advance this cause. Being honest with each other about what we do right and what we do wrong by one another as a nation is crucial for overcoming our present challenges, whether that message comes from a rally megaphone, the White House press podium, or an Olympic medal ceremony.

You are a fool Hammy. No one is buying the cat urine you pretend to think is cologne. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10913 on: June 29, 2021, 05:05:15 PM »

Kid’s larger and running point of which the quoted outburst is a recent symptom is that white supremacy and militarized apartheid is a feature and not a bug of US culture at the moment and any move to correct or criticize or eliminate white supremacy and militarized apartheid should be ignored and suppressed so slobs like Kid (and you) can float along in his little white bubble, even if it means dumping plagues on the nation and killing its cops in attempted coups. Unfortunately the bulk of republicans, Christian white supremacists, agree with him wholeheartedly. Fortunately, between mortality and defections, there are fewer and fewer republicans every day.

I don’t care about IOC rules of conduct or the Hunger Games, Tokyo edition. The only care I have in this Olympics is who is leaving the shindig with which variants of Covid and where they are taking them home.

The most urgent issue in the United States is defeating American Fascism in the form of the republican party and it’s offshoots. I defend actions both symbolic and concrete that advance this cause. Being honest with each other about what we do right and what we do wrong by one another as a nation is crucial for overcoming our present challenges, whether that message comes from a rally megaphone, the White House press podium, or an Olympic medal ceremony.

You are a fool Hammy. No one is buying the cat urine you pretend to think is cologne.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: June 29, 2021, 05:07:29 PM »

You sure used a lot of words to say nothing.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: June 29, 2021, 05:07:55 PM »

Another one who can't read.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: June 29, 2021, 05:17:48 PM »

Hammy, in uniform, during his one and only day of gainful employment…

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10917 on: June 29, 2021, 05:41:44 PM »

You’ve obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a fuck what you say.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #10918 on: June 29, 2021, 05:46:47 PM »

If I were going all Marie Kondo on my entire way of life,  and it was down to choosing between the Olympics and free speech,  I know which I'd decide to keep.   

AFAICT,  however,  the IOC is only banning Leni Riefenstahl films projected on your jersey (or other propa)  and not simple expressions like back rotation.   Even Redward noticed the difference between propaganda and personal expression. 

Ekki-ekki-ekki-ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing, z’nourrwringmm.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: June 29, 2021, 06:06:34 PM »

You’ve obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a fuck what you say.

Weak attempts at insults won't improve your comprehension.

Heh
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 2926