Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755602 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10965 on: June 30, 2021, 10:16:11 AM »

The mice have finally gotten to poor bambu. Silly mice, you won’t find any nourishment there. His vitality has dried up and leached away long ago.

lol

Bloody mice!
Someone should blow mice up!
All except Mickey and Mini.

And sexist...
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: June 30, 2021, 10:18:49 AM »

Why wouldn't it be...that is only fair.
Black basketball league, and White basketball league......each race having it's own league...voluntary segregation....and everyone is happy.

Go segregate yourself from air for a few hours, mate. Show us how it’s done.

Stop telling people to kill themselves.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: June 30, 2021, 10:20:41 AM »

Ah yes, standing for something...tricky is that idea.

In my world, best to keep what you stand for to yourself, be neutral, beige ... or suffer the wrath of the usual suspects.
Then release your ...stand for...at the ballot box.

Except that you do actively stand for things.

You are pro-segregation, pro-racist policies, pro "men's rights" and "white's rights" in a way that is distorted from reality.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: June 30, 2021, 10:22:26 AM »

This should go well. I can see it now. If Eric Adams isn't declared the winner, then the streets will explode.

No, I don't think they will.

And I don't think he will win. His lead was too small after the first ballot.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: June 30, 2021, 10:33:38 AM »

This should go well. I can see it now. If Eric Adams isn't declared the winner, then the streets will explode.

I haven't kept up with the NYC Mayor's Race, but with ranked order voting, shouldn't results be calculable within seconds with a decent computer? I understand absentee ballots etc have to be included, but weeks for a result, what am I missing?

Thanks I'll hang-up and listen.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: June 30, 2021, 10:37:11 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/weather/pacific-northwest-extreme-heat-wednesday/index.html

117.5 in Canada, topping the new record set two days before of 115, besting the 80ish year old record of 113.

115 in Portland, OR.

And... the Northwest is expected to have extreme heat for another couple weeks, even if not record breaking every day.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: June 30, 2021, 10:38:45 AM »

I haven't kept up with the NYC Mayor's Race, but with ranked order voting, shouldn't results be calculable within seconds with a decent computer? I understand absentee ballots etc have to be included, but weeks for a result, what am I missing?

I would have thought so, even with paper ballots, but if they are eyeballing each ballot then I can see its taking weeks to do it thoroughly.

Holly Martins

« Reply #10972 on: June 30, 2021, 10:59:12 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/weather/pacific-northwest-extreme-heat-wednesday/index.html

117.5 in Canada, topping the new record set two days before of 115, besting the 80ish year old record of 113.

115 in Portland, OR.

And... the Northwest is expected to have extreme heat for another couple weeks, even if not record breaking every day.

It's nuts.  When we lived out there,  almost nobody had AC,  and summer highs were in the 70s.  It was common practice to bring a sweater if you went out in the evening and coming home late.   And winters were very mild,  with houses often heated by baseboard heaters powered mainly by hydroelectric dams,  so the PNW was the leader in Low Carbon Footprint.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: June 30, 2021, 11:09:07 AM »

115 in Portland, OR.

Drilll, Baby, Drill!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: June 30, 2021, 11:13:15 AM »

Apparently championing urban violence and spreading conspiracy theories against conservatives does not a TV  audience make. In the second quarter CNN lost half its viewers.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: June 30, 2021, 11:31:51 AM »

Lava Fire in Northern California as seen from Mt. Ashland, Southern Oregon. Mt Shasta can barely be seen beyond the smoke.

This photograph was made at about 1am. As of 10pm, the fire had grown to around 4,000 acres according to a United States Forest Service Spokesman.

Text is from a FB account.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10976 on: June 30, 2021, 11:36:07 AM »

115 in Portland, OR.

Think the GOP will continue to fight the green sections of the infrastructure plan?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: June 30, 2021, 11:41:21 AM »

Apparently championing urban violence and spreading conspiracy theories against conservatives does not a TV  audience make. In the second quarter CNN lost half its viewers.

CNN lost their primary content provider, the Orange-haired fascist clown, who retreated to Mar-a-Berghof, making balloon swastikas for Baron.

And most people did not feel compelled to watch 24-7 to see in what insane manner their normal customs would be under attack.

And they trusted Joe Biden, at least in his regard for respecting and defending our democracy so they didn't have to watch 24-7.

That and baseball started, the NBA play-offs started, and most sane people got vacced and got out of the house for the first time since the Trumpdemic brought disease, death, despair and a dystopian dynamic to this country.

Back to you Tucker.

you fucking asshole

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10978 on: June 30, 2021, 11:46:21 AM »

NYC B.O.E is a nepotistic mess and has been for decades. Unless they changed in the last year it’s run by friends and family of the Democratic and Republican Party leaders.

In other words, business as usual.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10979 on: June 30, 2021, 11:48:12 AM »

115 in Portland, OR.

Drilll, Baby, Drill!

Taint funny, MaGee...

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 2926