Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755560 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11070 on: June 30, 2021, 08:36:14 PM »

Guess who threw the first red flag on the now-proven farce of the NYC democrat mayoral primary?
BOOKIES!

These guys know how to count.

And they are the ones who said the numbers announced by NYC Board of Elections did not make sense.

And they were right.

135,000 fake votes, oh excuse me, “additional records , were thrown out.

Imagine telling New York Voters that BOOKMAKERS do a better job than your tax-supported government election officials.

ROFL

…just a nice sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind.

Just AN OLD sweet song...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #11071 on: June 30, 2021, 08:46:23 PM »

Sweet and clear as moonlight through the pines.

(that the error was corrected) (135000 test ballots were removed,  and accurate count was restored)

Nothingburger on his mind!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11072 on: June 30, 2021, 09:11:20 PM »

How broken is the congressional GOP at this point?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/politics/republicans-january-6-select-committee-vote/index.html

Only two House GOP members voted for the Jan 6 select committee. Pretty revolting, when you think about the hearings the GOP ran again and again on Benghazi and email and vaporware.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11074 on: June 30, 2021, 09:17:37 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/politics/states-tax-cuts/index.html

States are so flush, some of them, that they are cutting taxes.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11075 on: June 30, 2021, 09:35:40 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/politics/republicans-january-6-select-committee-vote/index.html

Only two House GOP members voted for the Jan 6 select committee. Pretty revolting, when you think about the hearings the GOP ran again and again on Benghazi and email and vaporware.
Which got all of 7 democrat votes.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11076 on: June 30, 2021, 09:43:03 PM »

What got 7 Democratic votes?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11077 on: June 30, 2021, 10:05:35 PM »

Most of Surfside condo board quit in 2019 amid sluggish response to repair plans: WaPo

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/561044-most-of-surfside-condo-board-quit-in-2019-amid-sluggish

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11078 on: June 30, 2021, 10:46:42 PM »

No wrong-doing was the finding out of both of those topics (and all of those hearings), regardless of which you mean with your 7 votes and your stupid attempt at a slur.

Do you honestly believe there was no wrong-doing with the Jan 6 attack on the Capitol?!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11079 on: June 30, 2021, 10:47:38 PM »

I am pretty skeptical that this is legal:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2021/06/30/south-dakota-receiving-1-million-send-50-national-guardsmen-texas-border-crisis/7812901002/

I'm even more skeptical that it can be anything but a farce. 50 of them for how much border?!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11080 on: June 30, 2021, 11:03:50 PM »

https://www.argusleader.com/story/news/2021/06/30/south-dakota-receiving-1-million-send-50-national-guardsmen-texas-border-crisis/7812901002/

I'm even more skeptical that it can be anything but a farce. 50 of them for how much border?!
Explain how it is illegal.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #11081 on: June 30, 2021, 11:12:07 PM »

Seems to me the President as CiC could order a stand down of the South Dakota NG. The deployment of the National Guard across state lines without an executive order, or a state of emergency seems problematic. That its privately funded makes it fucking crazy.

We know billionaires call the shots, but since when can they literally call the shots?

I wonder if the SD NG is available for private parties or corporate events.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 11:29:29 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11082 on: June 30, 2021, 11:27:04 PM »

Explain how it is illegal.

Not that you will engage, but it costs me next to nothing:

The notion that any random citizen can pay the government to send the National Guard where the citizen wants to send them makes the NG mercenaries, for all intents and purposes.

I don't believe that our government's military is allowed to be used as mercenaries in such a way.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11083 on: June 30, 2021, 11:28:18 PM »

Seems to me the President as CiC could order a stand down of the South Dakota NG. The deployment of the National Guard across state lines without an executive order, or a state of emergency seems problematic. That its privately funded makes it fucking crazy.

We know billionaires call the shots, but since when can they call literally the shots?

I wonder what happens if there is an abrupt need for NG in SD.

I also wonder what rationale the governor is giving for this "mission."

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11084 on: June 30, 2021, 11:30:46 PM »

We know billionaires call the shots, but since when can they call literally the shots?

I wonder what happens if there is an abrupt need for NG in SD.

I also wonder what rationale the governor is giving for this "mission."

MAGA performance art

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 2926