Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754999 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11325 on: July 05, 2021, 06:20:46 PM »

Famed boxer George Foreman took to Twitter during the Independence Day holiday to tell fans that he is not ashamed to be an American and asked folks to love it and don’t leave.

On Sunday, the U.S. Olympian and heavyweight champion said
for about 54 years, people have asked me not to keep saying “I love America”
Well I do and I’m not ashamed.
Don’t leave it; Love it.Happy 4th of July.

Foreman’s tweet came on the heels of a firestorm kicked up by Olympic hammer thrower Gwen Berry who turned her back on the national anthem after she medaled in the Olympic trails a week ago. Several days later, Berry insisted that the national anthem was racist and “disrespected” blacks.

Foreman did not say directly whether he was referring to the Berry incident, but Foreman also competed at the Mexico City Summer Games in 1968. He would fight in four Olympics matches, and ultimately won the Gold.
But after getting home from the games, Foreman has said that some people were unhappy that he didn’t emulate Tommie Smith and John Carlos, two other athletes who became infamous that year for raising a radical black power fist during their medal ceremony.
In 2018. Foreman told The Undefeated that the criticism made him an angry man.
“From then on, anyone who came up to me and might say the same thing, they were only seconds away from getting [the glare], man. I carried a chip on my shoulder. It turned into anger. I changed. My face changed into a sword. It was fierce, I wasn’t playin’,” he said.
While he says he loves America, Foreman has also said that he believes that the U.S. has room for protests.
In the 2018 interview, he added, “There always will be a place for protest. Once you find a country that does not have protests, then you just need to get on a boat and go somewhere else.”

When you don’t have protests, or people making statements, get out. There is a place for those guys,” he said. “But, understandably, I am in love with the national anthem, and wavin’ that flag. I love that stuff. But I also love the fact that I live in a place where my kids tell me some of the most foolish stuff I’ve ever heard [and are permitted to do so]. Sooner or later, if we are the country, we say we are, we can handle it.”

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11326 on: July 05, 2021, 06:23:15 PM »

Racist Dem: Democratic Rep. Cori Bush disputed the Fourth of July's message of independence on Sunday, saying the holiday only represents freedom "for white people."

"When they say that the 4th of July is about American freedom, remember this: the freedom they’re referring to is for white people," Bush, a member of the left-wing "Squad," wrote on Twitter amid celebrations of the 245th Independence Day. "This land is stolen land and Black people still aren’t free."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/squad-member-says-fourth-july-180700925.html

What a fucking douchebag!

She’s not wrong.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: July 05, 2021, 06:25:06 PM »

Racist Dem: Democratic Rep. Cori Bush disputed the Fourth of July's message of independence on Sunday, saying the holiday only represents freedom "for white people."

"When they say that the 4th of July is about American freedom, remember this: the freedom they’re referring to is for white people," Bush, a member of the left-wing "Squad," wrote on Twitter amid celebrations of the 245th Independence Day. "This land is stolen land and Black people still aren’t free."

Racist Forrest trying to cancel the dissenting voices of black people again!  What a douchebag!
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: July 05, 2021, 06:32:55 PM »

Hate facts, do you?

Frederick Douglas addressed this better than Cori Bush did, but Bush was not wrong. The tax on tea bothered the founding fathers more than slavery did, as a group.

But you can keep defending the white man's world view, Ham. I am sure we are all convinced by you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: July 05, 2021, 06:44:07 PM »

Hate facts, do you?

Frederick Douglas addressed this better than Cori Bush did, but Bush was not wrong. The tax on tea bothered the founding fathers more than slavery did, as a group.

But you can keep defending the white man's world view, Ham. I am sure we are all convinced by you.
White man’s World View!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11330 on: July 05, 2021, 06:53:29 PM »

Hate facts, do you?

White man’s World View!

You present it in here every damn day...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: July 05, 2021, 09:09:52 PM »

Ben Carson on Critical Race Theory

“It’s an attempt to use race as a mechanism for redefining our society — redefining what it was based on and how it impacts everybody, and it wants our people to believe that your race is the most critical determinant of who you are and what happens to you in our society. In other words, it’s a bunch of garbage.

Martin Luther King would agree .

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: July 05, 2021, 09:11:38 PM »

Hate facts, do you?

White man’s World View!

You present it in here every damn day...

Sleazy and lazy and racist as the day is long, just like a white… man is not really the right word. It implies self development and introspection to at least some extent.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11333 on: July 05, 2021, 09:14:50 PM »

“It’s an attempt to use race as a mechanism for redefining our society — redefining what it was based on and how it impacts everybody, and it wants our people to believe that your race is the most critical determinant of who you are and what happens to you in our society. In other words, it’s a bunch of garbage.

No he wouldn’t because what Carson said has no relation to CRT.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: July 05, 2021, 10:01:12 PM »

No he would not. He would recognize in the criticisms of CRT the same fear,.distortions and hatred the was behind the criticisms of his movement.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11335 on: July 05, 2021, 10:54:32 PM »

No he would not. He would recognize in the criticisms of CRT the same fear,.distortions and hatred the was behind the criticisms of his movement.

“It’s not a coincidence that the people who are saying Black people have full freedom in our country are the same ones trying to prevent teaching the truth about white supremacy in our classrooms.”

Said Cori “douchebag” Bush... earlier this evening.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: July 05, 2021, 11:30:54 PM »

A depressing view of COVID-19 from the experience of Israel with the Delta variant. I do not insist that this is accurate, but it sounds like it fits what I am reading elsewhere.

1. Delta is clearly 4xs more transmissible.  That's a lot.  It is airborne, and can linger in the air for hours, so 6' doesn't matter.  Also, the old 15 minutes rule is irrelevant - Australia can clearly document Delta variant spreading in seconds.  None of this is up for debate.  4xs more transmissible means that vaccines have to be more effective to stop spread.

2. The vaccines, even the mRNA ones, work substantially less well with Delta - they are about 65-70% effective according to two Israeli studies in real life.  Israel has similar vaccination rates to most of the most highly vaccinated US states and much higher than the US as a whole.  2 doses  are still more effective at stopping hospitalization and death, but more like 80-85% and less good the older you are.  One dose of mRNA is only 30% effective.  Johnson and Johnson is about 60% effective, but that's in very small studies of only 8 people and in vitro, rather than in real life.  It is probably lower for J & J in actuality.

3. Delta circulates heavily in children, and children are infecting their vaccinated relatives.  Delta also makes children sicker, with 1 in 100 identified cases in children ending up hospitalized.  Dozens of countries have had large school and daycare outbreaks, many of them with 100% secondary attack rates even among the vaccinated.

4. Vaccinated people are transmitting Delta - to one another and to unvaccinated people.  So you can infect your grandkids.  Or your immune compromised neighbor.  Or your elderly mother.  Vaccinated people and children can and do get long covid.

5. Hospitalizations and deaths are going up in places that are as vaccinated as your state is.  And not only among the unvaccinated.  40% of Israeli hospitalizations are among the 2 dose vaccinated.  Again, older people are more at risk.

6. With a 4xs greater transmissibility, and lower vaccine effectiveness, vaccine induced HERD IMMUNITY CANNOT BE ACHIEVED.  Period. We already knew you can't get there by natural infection. Unless we are willing to create a police state, and forcibly vaccinate our population (which I'm not willing to do) including infants and children, we will not be able to control Delta with vaccination alone. 
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11338 on: July 06, 2021, 12:02:40 AM »

A depressing view of COVID-19 from the experience of Israel with the Delta variant. I do not insist that this is accurate, but it sounds like it fits what I am reading elsewhere.

1. Delta is clearly 4xs more transmissible.  That's a lot.  It is airborne, and can linger in the air for hours, so 6' doesn't matter.  Also, the old 15 minutes rule is irrelevant - Australia can clearly document Delta variant spreading in seconds.  None of this is up for debate.  4xs more transmissible means that vaccines have to be more effective to stop spread.

2. The vaccines, even the mRNA ones, work substantially less well with Delta - they are about 65-70% effective according to two Israeli studies in real life.  Israel has similar vaccination rates to most of the most highly vaccinated US states and much higher than the US as a whole.  2 doses  are still more effective at stopping hospitalization and death, but more like 80-85% and less good the older you are.  One dose of mRNA is only 30% effective.  Johnson and Johnson is about 60% effective, but that's in very small studies of only 8 people and in vitro, rather than in real life.  It is probably lower for J & J in actuality.

3. Delta circulates heavily in children, and children are infecting their vaccinated relatives.  Delta also makes children sicker, with 1 in 100 identified cases in children ending up hospitalized.  Dozens of countries have had large school and daycare outbreaks, many of them with 100% secondary attack rates even among the vaccinated.

4. Vaccinated people are transmitting Delta - to one another and to unvaccinated people.  So you can infect your grandkids.  Or your immune compromised neighbor.  Or your elderly mother.  Vaccinated people and children can and do get long covid.

5. Hospitalizations and deaths are going up in places that are as vaccinated as your state is.  And not only among the unvaccinated.  40% of Israeli hospitalizations are among the 2 dose vaccinated.  Again, older people are more at risk.

6. With a 4xs greater transmissibility, and lower vaccine effectiveness, vaccine induced HERD IMMUNITY CANNOT BE ACHIEVED.  Period. We already knew you can't get there by natural infection. Unless we are willing to create a police state, and forcibly vaccinate our population (which I'm not willing to do) including infants and children, we will not be able to control Delta with vaccination alone. 

Death lottery

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/west-virginia-covid-death-lottery-b1878593.html

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: July 06, 2021, 12:47:15 AM »

But Bush was not wrong

You don't think that generally speaking black people are "free"?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 12:50:54 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 2926