Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755033 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11340 on: July 06, 2021, 12:53:27 AM »

A depressing view of COVID-19 from the experience of Israel with the Delta variant. I do not insist that this is accurate, but it sounds like it fits what I am reading elsewhere.

1. Delta is clearly 4xs more transmissible.  That's a lot.  It is airborne, and can linger in the air for hours, so 6' doesn't matter.  Also, the old 15 minutes rule is irrelevant - Australia can clearly document Delta variant spreading in seconds.  None of this is up for debate.  4xs more transmissible means that vaccines have to be more effective to stop spread.

2. The vaccines, even the mRNA ones, work substantially less well with Delta - they are about 65-70% effective according to two Israeli studies in real life.  Israel has similar vaccination rates to most of the most highly vaccinated US states and much higher than the US as a whole.  2 doses  are still more effective at stopping hospitalization and death, but more like 80-85% and less good the older you are.  One dose of mRNA is only 30% effective.  Johnson and Johnson is about 60% effective, but that's in very small studies of only 8 people and in vitro, rather than in real life.  It is probably lower for J & J in actuality.

3. Delta circulates heavily in children, and children are infecting their vaccinated relatives.  Delta also makes children sicker, with 1 in 100 identified cases in children ending up hospitalized.  Dozens of countries have had large school and daycare outbreaks, many of them with 100% secondary attack rates even among the vaccinated.

4. Vaccinated people are transmitting Delta - to one another and to unvaccinated people.  So you can infect your grandkids.  Or your immune compromised neighbor.  Or your elderly mother.  Vaccinated people and children can and do get long covid.

5. Hospitalizations and deaths are going up in places that are as vaccinated as your state is.  And not only among the unvaccinated.  40% of Israeli hospitalizations are among the 2 dose vaccinated.  Again, older people are more at risk.

6. With a 4xs greater transmissibility, and lower vaccine effectiveness, vaccine induced HERD IMMUNITY CANNOT BE ACHIEVED.  Period. We already knew you can't get there by natural infection. Unless we are willing to create a police state, and forcibly vaccinate our population (which I'm not willing to do) including infants and children, we will not be able to control Delta with vaccination alone. 

Death lottery

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/west-virginia-covid-death-lottery-b1878593.html

heh

Fear mongers
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: July 06, 2021, 12:55:05 AM »

Ben Carson on Critical Race Theory

“It’s an attempt to use race as a mechanism for redefining our society — redefining what it was based on and how it impacts everybody, and it wants our people to believe that your race is the most critical determinant of who you are and what happens to you in our society. In other words, it’s a bunch of garbage.

Martin Luther King would agree .
No he would not. He would recognize in the criticisms of CRT the same fear,.distortions and hatred the was behind the criticisms of his movement.

“It’s not a coincidence that the people who are saying Black people have full freedom in our country are the same ones trying to prevent teaching the truth about white supremacy in our classrooms.”

Said Cori “douchebag” Bush... earlier this evening.

I think somebody ought to ask Rep. Bush to explain her remarks.

Nobody will, of course.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: July 06, 2021, 01:17:42 AM »

But Bush was not wrong

You don't think that generally speaking black people are "free"?
kiid loves the whooshing sound points make as they fly overhead.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: July 06, 2021, 01:18:41 AM »

“It’s an attempt to use race as a mechanism for redefining our society — redefining what it was based on and how it impacts everybody, and it wants our people to believe that your race is the most critical determinant of who you are and what happens to you in our society. In other words, it’s a bunch of garbage.

No he would not. He would recognize in the criticisms of CRT the same fear,.distortions and hatred the was behind the criticisms of his movement.

“It’s not a coincidence that the people who are saying Black people have full freedom in our country are the same ones trying to prevent teaching the truth about white supremacy in our classrooms.”

Why?
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: July 06, 2021, 01:19:19 AM »

But Bush was not wrong

(a) I don't think July 4th is about their freedom. Do you think it does?!

(b) Unlike you, I can accept that there continues to be systemic racism in this country that holds many Blacks back.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: July 06, 2021, 01:20:21 AM »

A depressing view of COVID-19 from the experience of Israel with the Delta variant. I do not insist that this is accurate, but it sounds like it fits what I am reading elsewhere.

1. Delta is clearly 4xs more transmissible.  That's a lot.  It is airborne, and can linger in the air for hours, so 6' doesn't matter.  Also, the old 15 minutes rule is irrelevant - Australia can clearly document Delta variant spreading in seconds.  None of this is up for debate.  4xs more transmissible means that vaccines have to be more effective to stop spread.

2. The vaccines, even the mRNA ones, work substantially less well with Delta - they are about 65-70% effective according to two Israeli studies in real life.  Israel has similar vaccination rates to most of the most highly vaccinated US states and much higher than the US as a whole.  2 doses  are still more effective at stopping hospitalization and death, but more like 80-85% and less good the older you are.  One dose of mRNA is only 30% effective.  Johnson and Johnson is about 60% effective, but that's in very small studies of only 8 people and in vitro, rather than in real life.  It is probably lower for J & J in actuality.

3. Delta circulates heavily in children, and children are infecting their vaccinated relatives.  Delta also makes children sicker, with 1 in 100 identified cases in children ending up hospitalized.  Dozens of countries have had large school and daycare outbreaks, many of them with 100% secondary attack rates even among the vaccinated.

4. Vaccinated people are transmitting Delta - to one another and to unvaccinated people.  So you can infect your grandkids.  Or your immune compromised neighbor.  Or your elderly mother.  Vaccinated people and children can and do get long covid.

5. Hospitalizations and deaths are going up in places that are as vaccinated as your state is.  And not only among the unvaccinated.  40% of Israeli hospitalizations are among the 2 dose vaccinated.  Again, older people are more at risk.

6. With a 4xs greater transmissibility, and lower vaccine effectiveness, vaccine induced HERD IMMUNITY CANNOT BE ACHIEVED.  Period. We already knew you can't get there by natural infection. Unless we are willing to create a police state, and forcibly vaccinate our population (which I'm not willing to do) including infants and children, we will not be able to control Delta with vaccination alone. 

Death lottery

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/west-virginia-covid-death-lottery-b1878593.html

heh

Fear mongers

Same thing you said all of last year.

Ostrich.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: July 06, 2021, 01:21:14 AM »

Nobody will, of course.

If you need them explained, it's you that has a problem.

Her comments were very clear.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: July 06, 2021, 07:30:21 AM »

Racist Dem: Democratic Rep. Cori Bush disputed the Fourth of July's message of independence on Sunday, saying the holiday only represents freedom "for white people."

"When they say that the 4th of July is about American freedom, remember this: the freedom they’re referring to is for white people," Bush, a member of the left-wing "Squad," wrote on Twitter amid celebrations of the 245th Independence Day. "This land is stolen land and Black people still aren’t free."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/squad-member-says-fourth-july-180700925.html

What a fucking douchebag!

She’s not wrong.

Achtung, Larry.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: July 06, 2021, 07:34:46 AM »

Racist Dem: Democratic Rep. Cori Bush disputed the Fourth of July's message of independence on Sunday, saying the holiday only represents freedom "for white people."

"When they say that the 4th of July is about American freedom, remember this: the freedom they’re referring to is for white people," Bush, a member of the left-wing "Squad," wrote on Twitter amid celebrations of the 245th Independence Day. "This land is stolen land and Black people still aren’t free."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/squad-member-says-fourth-july-180700925.html

What a fucking douchebag!

Hate facts, do you?

Frederick Douglas addressed this better than Cori Bush did, but Bush was not wrong. The tax on tea bothered the founding fathers more than slavery did, as a group.

But you can keep defending the white man's world view, Ham. I am sure we are all convinced by you.

OMG! The White Man's World View!!

How Dangerous!

Listen, Howard Zinman, the bottom line is demonizing people by their race, such as Cori Bush and you and the other Wokies do each day, isn't going to get folks to join your movement.

Here's a pop quiz for your, history professor.

Name the only country where the land wasn't stolen from others and people weren't enslaved at some point in its history.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: July 06, 2021, 07:36:56 AM »

But Bush was not wrong

(a) I don't think July 4th is about their freedom. Do you think it does?!

(b) Unlike you, I can accept that there continues to be systemic racism in this country that holds many Blacks back.

(a) July 4 is about all Americans freedom.

(b) The only thing that holds back anyone in this country is a person's self-expectations and desire to achieve.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: July 06, 2021, 07:41:56 AM »

Funny you should mention that...

From a posting for a literacy coach job in NJ: *The Literacy Coach will report directly to the Literacy Supervisor.

Qualifications

The successful candidate is motivated by our mission. This role offers the opportunity to have a profound and lasting impact on literacy, thus, achievement.

· At least four years of successful teaching experience, preferably in urban setting(s)

· At least two years of successful coaching or leadership experience preferred

· Degree in early reading and foundational literacy (i.e. print concepts, phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, etc.) strongly preferred

· Current on best practices in literacy

· Deep commitment and willingness to act on dismantling white supremacy and systemic racism in schools

· Experience exploring issues of identity, bias, and racism while celebrating the genius of Black and Latinx individuals; empowering teachers/children to use acquired skills to engage in reflection, activism and ally ship for Black and Latinx children strongly preferred

· Demonstrated expertise in ability to facilitate virtual coaching and professional development (as evidenced by experience using a variety of distance learning online platforms; video conferencing platforms and other virtual teaching & learning best practices)

· A strong track record of facilitating teachers/children toward instructional improvement

· Experience designing and leading compelling and relevant professional development

· Excellent written and oral communication

· Deep knowledge of partner’s comprehensive literacy framework and essential pillars for instruction

· Deep understanding of how to administer and analyze various reading assessments

· Exceptional organizational skills and ability to track progress, understand gaps, execute tasks, etc. with an acute attention to detail

· Deep willingness to embrace change, be a team player, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability, and strive for continuous development of self and others

https://www.simplyhired.com/job/AkKvMgOS8a-MV2goFK6ykoPSSInmwhrMqiXj0CVyglyNMXG9xXlD8Q

"No whites need apply" would be a more honest posting. Yes, "be a team player", but be sure to choose the right team.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: July 06, 2021, 07:43:40 AM »

But Bush was not wrong

Kid! You're attacking the narrative! The Wokies will be upset with you, now!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: July 06, 2021, 07:54:47 AM »

Solid work.  The National Fitness Foundation recommends five reps of race-baiting posts.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: July 06, 2021, 07:55:51 AM »

Nobody will, of course.

If you need them explained, it's you that has a problem.

Her comments were very clear.

Yes, clearly white folks, in her narrow world, are the source of all evil. It's important that this concept is to be taught in planned reeducation camps that they will call "school".

In that school of "thinking" all girls are better than boys. And the only people who should really show pride are LBGQT community members.

In the Wokie World, if you are a black trans female, you would be someone who can be completely trusted.

What Bush and her defenders don't grasp is that using bigotry to combat bigotry is not only hypocritical, but it a complete non-starter for a truly inclusive society.

The zealots in the Wokie World are at least as great a danger, if not a greater danger to the republic than are the lunatic Trumpistas who believe the Big Lie and are arming themselves for the coming civil war.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: July 06, 2021, 08:02:44 AM »

Solid work.  The National Fitness Foundation recommends five reps of race-baiting posts.

Oh, look who came out of his tree to swing by with nothing but empty snark!

It's yank, the fly-by specialist, who never brings anything of note to the board, just harmless droppings from his safe perch away from any real engagement.

Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 2926