Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754231 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11535 on: July 08, 2021, 08:23:01 PM »

Joe did OK today

Really banking on the 300k strong Afghan fighting force

We shall see

After twenty years they either stand or don’t.

W Bush fucked them and us by lying us into Iraq after letting OBL get away at Tora Bora.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11539 on: July 08, 2021, 08:54:00 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/making-history-chileans-start-work-first-constitution-equally-drafted-rcna1353

What, if any, are the implications for us?!
None.

This is why the GOP is trying have fewer people vote.

They're really not.

The GOP would rather have elections decided by legislators or judges, whoever is whiter in a given jurisdiction.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11540 on: July 08, 2021, 09:02:48 PM »

Guns?
If I lived in America I'd have many guns, one for every occasion.
I can think of no better argument for strict gun control laws.
A shotgun and handgun for charging bears, smaller and lighter handguns for self defence in workplaces, malls etc...although the bear-repelling handguns might be ok for that too,
Well, you are right about having handguns for.bears. Because in America, we have the Second Amendment's right to arm bears.
I'm learning how to survive in America via YouTube videos.
Res ipsa.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGHKkAvBWUE
Best Gun for Bear

"Never give a bear a gun"
"Shooting bears is a bad idea, bears aren't stoopid, they could make body armour from scrap around edge of towns, overpower hikers and take their guns, then there'd be armed bears with body armour taking over...and be our overlords".
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11542 on: July 08, 2021, 09:33:18 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/health/pfizer-waning-immunity-bn/index.html

Not good.

Covid is like a dingo, cunning.
Delta variant is running riot in Sydney and 100km S W and N...masks statewide indoors....greater Sydney in lockdown for 2 weeks so far, set to be extended after another week.
Best idea is to get everyone vaccinated, certain protection, then have boosters.
No other way, really. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 09:43:24 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Holly Martins

« Reply #11543 on: July 08, 2021, 09:42:30 PM »

http://www.vox.com/identities/22566751/heatwave-2021-oregon-portland-climate-change

Lived there,  80s.  You carried a sweater with you,  in July,  if you were going out in the evening.   80 was a heat wave.  On the coast, thanks to the cold Japanese current,  it was rarely above 75.  The forests, Doug Fir and Hemlock and Incense Cedar and Sitka Spruce, were amazing,  and cool,  and profoundly quiet .  I hope they survive this new temperature regime.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11545 on: July 08, 2021, 09:46:27 PM »

http://www.vox.com/identities/22566751/heatwave-2021-oregon-portland-climate-change

Lived there,  80s.  You carried a sweater with you,  in July,  if you were going out in the evening.   80 was a heat wave.  On the coast, thanks to the cold Japanese current,  it was rarely above 75.  The forests, Doug Fir and Hemlock and Incense Cedar and Sitka Spruce, were amazing,  and cool,  and profoundly quiet .  I hope they survive this new temperature regime.

hottest day ever in Utah recently 107F.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11546 on: July 08, 2021, 09:47:16 PM »

I hope the Moderate democrats Stop fucking around and save voting rights, save democracy so we can save our habitat!

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #11547 on: July 08, 2021, 09:54:59 PM »

Guns?
If I lived in America I'd have many guns, one for every occasion.
I can think of no better argument for strict gun control laws.
A shotgun and handgun for charging bears, smaller and lighter handguns for self defence in workplaces, malls etc...although the bear-repelling handguns might be ok for that too,
Well, you are right about having handguns for.bears. Because in America, we have the Second Amendment's right to arm bears.
I'm learning how to survive in America via YouTube videos.
Res ipsa.

Does a bear shoot in the woods?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11548 on: July 08, 2021, 09:57:05 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/politics/arizona-secretary-of-state-letter-2020-election/index.html

Somehow, imagining their AG following through on the requested investigation is tough, but if he doesn't, it becomes a major campaign issue against him.
Has anyone informed Josh that Trump is no longer President?
Are you that stupid? Actually you probably are.

Brnovich is trapped between his original impulse to do the right thing in November and his current need for the MAGA cult in his Senate run. He cannot conduct that investigation and have any hope for winning the Senate primary. My guess is he recuses himself as a possible witness, but the MAGA cult will not be satisfied with him not quashing it.
I guess no one informed you, either.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 10:02:39 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Holly Martins

« Reply #11549 on: July 08, 2021, 10:06:54 PM »

BTW,  there is no such thing as a "bear repelling handgun. "   A 12-gauge shotgun will work,  but bear spray is better.   
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 2926