Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754295 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11550 on: July 08, 2021, 10:13:31 PM »

Best idea is to get everyone vaccinated, certain protection, then have boosters.

And if the folks continue to refuse to get vaccinated and their governors refuse to encourage vaccinations, then what do you propose, swami?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11551 on: July 08, 2021, 10:35:25 PM »

BTW,  there is no such thing as a "bear repelling handgun. "   A 12-gauge shotgun will work,  but bear spray is better.   
Works on cops too, if you are a normal tourist to the Capitol and want them to stand still long enough to hug and kiss them.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11552 on: July 08, 2021, 10:45:24 PM »

http://www.vox.com/identities/22566751/heatwave-2021-oregon-portland-climate-change

Lived there,  80s.  You carried a sweater with you,  in July,  if you were going out in the evening.   80 was a heat wave.  On the coast, thanks to the cold Japanese current,  it was rarely above 75.  The forests, Doug Fir and Hemlock and Incense Cedar and Sitka Spruce, were amazing,  and cool,  and profoundly quiet .  I hope they survive this new temperature regime.

I hope the Moderate democrats Stop fucking around and save voting rights, save democracy so we can save our habitat!

shhhhhh.......
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11553 on: July 08, 2021, 10:56:33 PM »

http://www.vox.com/identities/22566751/heatwave-2021-oregon-portland-climate-change

Lived there,  80s.  You carried a sweater with you,  in July,  if you were going out in the evening.   80 was a heat wave.  On the coast, thanks to the cold Japanese current,  it was rarely above 75.  The forests, Doug Fir and Hemlock and Incense Cedar and Sitka Spruce, were amazing,  and cool,  and profoundly quiet .  I hope they survive this new temperature regime.

I hope the Moderate democrats Stop fucking around and save voting rights, save democracy so we can save our habitat!

shhhhhh.......

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11554 on: July 08, 2021, 11:07:03 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/politics/arizona-secretary-of-state-letter-2020-election/index.html

Somehow, imagining their AG following through on the requested investigation is tough, but if he doesn't, it becomes a major campaign issue against him.
Has anyone informed Josh that Trump is no longer President?
Are you that stupid? Actually you probably are.

Brnovich is trapped between his original impulse to do the right thing in November and his current need for the MAGA cult in his Senate run. He cannot conduct that investigation and have any hope for winning the Senate primary. My guess is he recuses himself as a possible witness, but the MAGA cult will not be satisfied with him not quashing it.
I guess no one informed you, either.
Is your inability to read for real or are you just deliberately being an asshole? I suppose you could deliberately be an asshole and be unable to read. Those aren't mutually exclusive.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: July 08, 2021, 11:13:09 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/politics/arizona-secretary-of-state-letter-2020-election/index.html

Somehow, imagining their AG following through on the requested investigation is tough, but if he doesn't, it becomes a major campaign issue against him.
Has anyone informed Josh that Trump is no longer President?
Are you that stupid? Actually you probably are.

Brnovich is trapped between his original impulse to do the right thing in November and his current need for the MAGA cult in his Senate run. He cannot conduct that investigation and have any hope for winning the Senate primary. My guess is he recuses himself as a possible witness, but the MAGA cult will not be satisfied with him not quashing it.
I guess no one informed you, either.
Is your inability to read for real or are you just deliberately being an asshole? I suppose you could deliberately be an asshole and be unable to read. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

Lie, deny, and obfuscate.

It's almost all he ever does.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11556 on: July 09, 2021, 12:34:07 AM »

shhhhhh.......

I’m surprised you haven’t moved to a majority Nazi state like Idaho. But your inability to pass any section of the driver’s test and earn a license would be a real impediment to you there.

That’s why you hide your murderous impulses in creepy old man vibes as you ride around New Jersey on the bus. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11559 on: July 09, 2021, 05:17:21 AM »

http://thebulwark.com/gettr-by-the-puy/

I laughed. I cried. I blew snot bubbles.

It’s just too beautiful.

I hope some of you find the time to enjoy.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11560 on: July 09, 2021, 05:24:56 AM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11561 on: July 09, 2021, 08:55:52 AM »

BTW,  there is no such thing as a "bear repelling handgun. "   A 12-gauge shotgun will work,  but bear spray is better.   
Works on cops too, if you are a normal tourist to the Capitol and want them to stand still long enough to hug and kiss them.

There is a handgun that will kill a bear...the American guys on YouTube said a 12 gauge shotgun is best but it the bear surprises you and is too close to get the shotgun a .44 magnum handgun will do.
"If you're in Alaska, have been fishing, and are sitting around the campfire"....that would never be me, so bears and mountain lions will very likely never cross my path...but these things are handy to know...we might be in America on vacation one day...stranger things have happened.
Hopefully I never find myself or the two of us lost in the snow sitting on a tarp under a tree, blanket over our heads trying to keep warm by candle light.
But at least I now know it's possible.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: July 09, 2021, 09:01:45 AM »

http://thebulwark.com/gettr-by-the-puy/

I laughed. I cried. I blew snot bubbles.

It’s just too beautiful.

I hope some of you find the time to enjoy.

These great patriots are being CENSORED. And they let you know it on the many platforms where they are mysteriously still allowed to post.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: July 09, 2021, 09:03:36 AM »

shhhhhh.......

RV/Van Life lady in America on YouTube has one of those, marine one, to repel the bad people at night.
She also has an array of other weapons (including bear spray possibly, from memory)...most of which I'm not allowed to have.
Wouldn't say whether or not she has a gun.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: July 09, 2021, 09:09:19 AM »

There is a handgun that will kill a bear...the American guys on YouTube said a 12 gauge shotgun is best but it the bear surprises you and is too close to get the shotgun a .44 magnum handgun will do.
But at least I now know it's possible.

It's "possible," but it still requires being either competent or lucky. Speaking as a former range master and riflery instructor, the degree of effort that acquiring competence seems to require of the average person seems beyond a significant majority of "students" of the art of firing a gun or a rifle.

That's one of the reasons the shotgun is so highly recommended! It removes a lot of the skill requirement, leaving you mostly with the need to know how to remain standing after you shoot it. Sometimes, you need something to protect your shoulder.

But most of the time, you will hit what you are aiming at!

It's still not a "bear repellant."

https://www.foggymountain.com/hunting-guide-articles/bear-loads-hunt-black-bear/
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 2926