Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753974 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11610 on: July 10, 2021, 01:42:47 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: July 10, 2021, 09:08:29 AM »

That's about right.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #11615 on: July 10, 2021, 09:26:56 AM »

I have many rules.
One is to never hunt anything that can kill me....

Not much of a sport,  really,  if your prey can't pack heat.   And armed prey would help with human overpopulation.  The GOP say they want a level playing field but I won't believe them until the AR-15 is also a BEAR-15. 

As God said to Job,  I will not give you more than the bear.  

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: July 10, 2021, 09:27:23 AM »

Judge Refuses to Seal Names of ‘Kraken’ Witnesses Who Have Asked to Remain Anonymous, Readies for Sanctions Hearing Against Lin Wood and Sidney Powell

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of trolls.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/judge-refuses-to-seal-names-of-kraken-witnesses-who-have-asked-to-remain-anonymous-readies-for-sanctions-hearing-against-lin-wood-and-sidney-powell/ar-AALYEMC

Every lawyer who signed pleadings or briefs for the “Kraken” team in Michigan must appear via Zoom at Monday’s hearing, including Wood, Powell, Stefanie Junttila, Scott Hagerstrom, Julia Haller, Brandon Johnson, Howard Kleinhendler, and Gregory Rohl.

Every state should be doing this, but this is a good start.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: July 10, 2021, 09:33:30 AM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #11618 on: July 10, 2021, 09:35:13 AM »

And it may mean playing some catch-up when you hit the halls of academe,  and because of where you came from you're not the least bit afraid of hard work.   Nor are your professors.   Hamster's cynicism and sneering are misplaced.

Oh, you may well be afraid of hard work.

And your professors may have no urge to work hard.

Both of those exist at every level of education and every type of institution, among students and profs across the board.

Napoleon's cynicism and sneering are placed perfectly, because they fit him so well, even if they are divorced from reality. His arrogance dwarfs mine and even Ward's.

Yes,  I was speaking in general terms.   When I attended college,  and later worked on a campus for a few years,  my impression of 1st Gen students was that,  on average,  they were prepared and psyched to work harder than most students.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: July 10, 2021, 09:38:21 AM »

And it may mean playing some catch-up when you hit the halls of academe,  and because of where you came from you're not the least bit afraid of hard work.   Nor are your professors.   Hamster's cynicism and sneering are misplaced.

Oh, you may well be afraid of hard work.

And your professors may have no urge to work hard.

Both of those exist at every level of education and every type of institution, among students and profs across the board.

Napoleon's cynicism and sneering are placed perfectly, because they fit him so well, even if they are divorced from reality. His arrogance dwarfs mine and even Ward's.

Yes,  I was speaking in general terms.   When I attended college,  and later worked on a campus for a few years,  my impression of 1st Gen students was that,  on average,  they were prepared and psyched to work harder than most students.

The stats on immigrant children are similar - they shine in our schools compared to the kids born in this country, on average.

But the effect diminishes steeply by the next generation.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: July 10, 2021, 09:38:38 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: July 10, 2021, 09:39:55 AM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #11622 on: July 10, 2021, 09:51:57 AM »

(endogenous testosterone image)

Also interesting is recent research showing that,  in ultramarathon competition (races much longer than the 26 miler) women show a slight advantage.   Shorter races,  male strength and aerobic capacity and all that,  confer an advantage.   Longer races,  women have greater endurance.   Slow-twitch fibers.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-49284389

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: July 10, 2021, 10:17:57 AM »

The WSJ agreed to allow Trump to demonstrate his ignorance about why other media are permitted to not allow Trump to demonstrate his ignorance through them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-j-trump-why-im-suing-big-tech-11625761897

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: July 10, 2021, 11:56:35 AM »

The WSJ agreed to allow Trump to demonstrate his ignorance about why other media are permitted to not allow Trump to demonstrate his ignorance through them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-j-trump-why-im-suing-big-tech-11625761897

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/the-wall-street-journal/donald-j-trump-why-im-suing-big-tech/news-story/f5a233f55c17f8c70e8cb48b641e8713

(paywall free)

Quite a few distortions contained in the column.   Also, appears to be ghostwritten.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 2926