Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753917 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11625 on: July 10, 2021, 01:07:14 PM »

The WSJ agreed to allow Trump to demonstrate his ignorance about why other media are permitted to not allow Trump to demonstrate his ignorance through them.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-j-trump-why-im-suing-big-tech-11625761897

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/the-wall-street-journal/donald-j-trump-why-im-suing-big-tech/news-story/f5a233f55c17f8c70e8cb48b641e8713

(paywall free)

Quite a few distortions contained in the column.   Also, appears to be ghostwritten.

There's no way Double-bacon-cheese Donnie wrote that.

Without arguing pros or cons or the merits or demerits of his or Casper's position, (I'll leave that to the 1st Amendment barristers and Ambulance chasers) I wish I could get the op-ed opportunity in the WSJ that he or Casper received. Do I have a case that my right of free-speech is impaired and the availability of the WSJ platform being denied me by WSJ op-editors vetting and screening my thoughts, are being unfairly censored by the WSJ? Am I being treated equitably to Casper?  And yes, I'm being facetious. And FTR, I've been quoted in the WSJ before.

The WSJ or NY Times can run with all the news that's fit to print.

Don, or his hired hand, is free to pen what he likes, prints what he likes, post on his own website what he likes, or go on TV or radio and give a speech. But I'm not sure he has the right to contaminate and try to dominate every platform with his propaganda and lies and potentially drown out other quieter voices. And companies have a right to maintain standards that all users adhere to, or they will be denied service.

I'm not sure why Big Tech social media platforms are different, except there are no fact-checkers, or zealous editors spell-checking Casper. Hit enter and you can reach billions of readers within seconds warning them of the folly of masks, the efficacy of Clorox or that the election was stolen, and that Caper will be back haunting the Oval Office by August.   

climbs off soap-box
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 01:09:23 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: July 10, 2021, 02:50:14 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: July 10, 2021, 03:36:57 PM »

Lee and Jackson statues come down in Charlottesville, finally, never to rise again.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: July 10, 2021, 03:38:39 PM »

I missed this at the end of last month:
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/san-jose-tax-gun-owners-city-confiscate-firearms-noncompliance

First San Jose. Soon, God willing, the entire nation.

A good idea who’s time has come.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: July 10, 2021, 03:57:41 PM »

http://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/kamalas-america-and-other-republican

Ride or die with democracy. Dump and stomp the other side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: July 10, 2021, 04:06:25 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: July 10, 2021, 05:56:41 PM »

Democrats outright expect journalists to "be on their side" and feel "horrified" when they're pressed by journalists.

A "prominent White House reporter" made that remark while speaking anonymously to journalist Julia Ioffe for an article on the dramatic shift in coverage of the Trump and Biden administrations, notably the expectation from the latter of positive framing.

"Democrats in general have a much thinner skin," the reporter said. "This is not unique to Trump but Republicans never expect a fair shake, so if you cover them fairly, you can have a good working relationship with them. Democrats de facto expect you to be on their side and are horrified when you hold them to account as you would any other administration. It goes back to the Obama years. [Obama staffers would be] like, ‘Don’t you realize that being a woman is no longer a pre-existing condition?!’ And I would be like, ‘Yes, but I’m writing about why your website keeps crashing.’"

ROFL!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: July 10, 2021, 06:11:40 PM »

KTLA 5 News 

2 minutes  · 

As Mayor Eric Garretti is set to leave L.A. as Biden’s appointment ambassador to India, he leaves the city with so much unfinished business. His successor will have to confront issues of homelessness, declining transit ridership and so much more.

---------------

Garcetti can help to get the people of India to buy products from California. Garcetti can be a great ambassador for California, as well as for the USA.

Antonio Villaraigosa can finish out Garcetti's term.

Salute,

Tony V.

DeeJ

« Reply #11636 on: July 10, 2021, 06:18:03 PM »

New Republican Mascot...

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: July 10, 2021, 06:20:34 PM »

But many feel a yawning sense of emptiness and disappointment at what the ebbing Trump tide left behind. “ I think everyone probably misses the ease of it, having so many willing leakers, observed one White House reporter  “ It made you think that you were better than you were.  It made you think you were a really good reporter, but really are you? I think we had an inflated sense of our own abilities and it was all a fraud.
Now everyone is exposed and everyone is dogshit.
Where are the great stories?
They don’t exist.
I can’t remember the last time I read a great story that really revealed something about the Biden White House.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: July 10, 2021, 06:23:48 PM »

Garcetti can help to get the people of India to buy products from California. Garcetti can be a great ambassador for California, as well as for the USA.

No, Tony, not how it works.

He's the country's ambassador, not California's or LA's.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: July 10, 2021, 06:26:47 PM »

But many feel a yawning sense of emptiness and disappointment at what the ebbing Trump tide left behind. “ I think everyone probably misses the ease of it, having so many willing leakers, observed one White House reporter  “ It made you think that you were better than you were.  It made you think you were a really good reporter, but really are you? I think we had an inflated sense of our own abilities and it was all a fraud.
Now everyone is exposed and everyone is dogshit.
Where are the great stories?
They don’t exist.
I can’t remember the last time I read a great story that really revealed something about the Biden White House.

So weird for them, having a White House that is not in constant turmoil, with Cabinet member after Cabinet member caught in inappropriate conduct, with staff members who are loyal to their bosses not out of fear, but out of belief in what the leadership stands for.

No leaks, not because of threats but because there is no need to leak.
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 2926