Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753615 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11655 on: July 11, 2021, 07:10:45 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: July 11, 2021, 09:14:13 AM »

---Statue of Lewis & Clark and Sacagawea toppled in Charlottesville---

https://nypost.com/2021/07/10/charlottesville-takes-down-sacagawea-statue-after-confederate-removals/

In the stock market they call it throwing out the baby with the bath water. No more statues of white people in public areas?

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: July 11, 2021, 09:16:12 AM »

My No1 radio host, now only on tv, reckons having Biden in the White House is "elder abuse".
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: July 11, 2021, 09:17:51 AM »

From 2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Kind of the way MLK,Jr gets remembered.

Feet of clay, feet of clay.

Such a stupid, predictable comparison, designed purely to raise the hackles of others. I wish you would return to posting without intending to provoke and irritate.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: July 11, 2021, 09:24:34 AM »

In the stock market they call it throwing out the baby with the bath water. No more statues of white people in public areas?

Another inane comparison.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: July 11, 2021, 09:24:48 AM »

From 2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Such a stupid, predictable comparison, designed purely to raise the hackles of others. I wish you would return to posting without intending to provoke and irritate.
Return? He was always ever thus.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11661 on: July 11, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »

---Statue of Lewis & Clark and Sacagawea toppled in Charlottesville---

https://nypost.com/2021/07/10/charlottesville-takes-down-sacagawea-statue-after-confederate-removals/

Toppled?

“I feel that it should just be melted down,” Rose Ann Abrahamson, a Sacagawea descendant, said during the council meeting, The Daily Progress reported. “I feel that it’s entirely offensive and it should be obliterated.”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: July 11, 2021, 09:39:05 AM »

From 2017

Lee was like a football team parlaying a last place schedule into a playoff berth, only to lose in the first round. It is hard to tell how good they really are.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: July 11, 2021, 09:44:52 AM »

In my world "elder abuse" is a thing, of which bambu-ilk intend to take full advantage.
Feel we are being discriminated against or taken advantage of in any way ...we'll be screaming "elder abuse"  very loudly.

Poor Joe, he seems to be made suffer thru things that are beyond him.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11664 on: July 11, 2021, 10:09:46 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: July 11, 2021, 11:47:22 AM »

The Space race: One small step for Bran, one giant leap for Brankind

Congratulations to Richard Branson's vision, vanity and opening space to venture capitalists and get-away vacations to exotic locals.

Is Weyland-Utani just a round the corner?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: July 11, 2021, 11:52:04 AM »

In my world "elder abuse" is a thing, of which bambu-ilk intend to take full advantage.
Feel we are being discriminated against or taken advantage of in any way ...we'll be screaming "elder abuse"  very loudly.

Elder abuse is what you do to yourself when you think no one is looking. It’s why you have such thick patches of hair on your palms.

It can also be how republicans let Covid run rampant through nursing homes rather than address the problem till hundreds of thousands died, all so they could keep running the Cracker Jack campaigns that cost them the White House and the Senate.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: July 11, 2021, 02:30:10 PM »

Congrats to Richard Branson.

And it was all made possible by Burt Rutan, and the geniuses in Mojave, California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Rutan

I wish the best to the people of New Mexico.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: July 11, 2021, 02:42:06 PM »

From 2017

Why is the comparison unfair?

Explain.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11669 on: July 11, 2021, 02:56:12 PM »

If you can give three reasons why your comparison is idiotic, you might give some of us here reason to believe you possess the cognitive basis to process an Explanation of why your comparison is unfair.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 2926