Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753556 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11670 on: July 11, 2021, 03:04:26 PM »

I corresponded with Richard Branson once on the world wide web, it was a long time ago and the fuel prices rose to very high levels, and they were blaming a lack of refineries for the reason why the gas prices were so high.

So, Richard Branson wanted to open a refinery to help to address the crisis, and he owned his airlines, etc, so it was important for him.

Part of the reason why there was a shortage of refineries was because Americans were blocking the new refineries from being built, to protect the environment, etc, etc, etc, the USA was not allowing new refineries to be built.

So, I told Richard Branson to build his new oil refinery in Mexico. My Grandmother opened Gold mines in Mexico, and the people of Mexico loved her, and she helped to bring roads, running water, electricity, etc, to some very poor parts of Mexico, and the Mexicans loved her. If you go into Mexico and spread the wealth, then they will love you. If you go in and create jobs and prosperity in a poor part of Mexico, then they will love you, and they would really appreciate having a refinery and the jobs and money created by it, etc.

Richard Branson responded to my email, and he thanked me for writing to him. He seems like a very cool guy.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: July 11, 2021, 03:44:28 PM »

From 2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Kind of the way MLK,Jr gets remembered.

Feet of clay, feet of clay.

Such a stupid, predictable comparison, designed purely to raise the hackles of others. I wish you would return to posting without intending to provoke and irritate.

Why is the comparison unfair?

Explain.

Oh, look.

A sea lion and it isn't even Ward.

"Stupid... intending to provoke and irritate."

If you want to assert that it's unfair, too, I will accept it.

Why don't you explain how the two are similar, Napoleon? After you do that, I will explain why it is a stupid comparison.

p.s. Given your idiotic use of Sealand as a country last time, I fully expect you to try something like, "well, if you can't say why it's unfair, then it must be fair." All that will do is illustrate your cowardice in making outlandish claims that you can't substantiate but won't back down from.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 03:46:52 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11672 on: July 11, 2021, 03:50:40 PM »

---Statue of Lewis & Clark and Sacagawea toppled in Charlottesville---

https://nypost.com/2021/07/10/charlottesville-takes-down-sacagawea-statue-after-confederate-removals/

In the stock market they call it throwing out the baby with the bath water. No more statues of white people in public areas?

Toppled?

“I feel that it should just be melted down,” Rose Ann Abrahamson, a Sacagawea descendant, said during the council meeting, The Daily Progress reported. “I feel that it’s entirely offensive and it should be obliterated.”

Rose makes big coin off her auntie's name.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11673 on: July 11, 2021, 04:14:50 PM »

---Statue of Lewis & Clark and Sacagawea toppled in Charlottesville---

https://nypost.com/2021/07/10/charlottesville-takes-down-sacagawea-statue-after-confederate-removals/

In the stock market they call it throwing out the baby with the bath water. No more statues of white people in public areas?

Toppled?

“I feel that it should just be melted down,” Rose Ann Abrahamson, a Sacagawea descendant, said during the council meeting, The Daily Progress reported. “I feel that it’s entirely offensive and it should be obliterated.”

Rose makes big coin off her auntie's name.

Oh? What makes you say so?

And what constitutes "big coin?"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: July 11, 2021, 04:22:26 PM »

Elder abuse is like:
Govts not being able to provide enough power to the homes of the elderly...everyone over 55 these days...causing them to suffer.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11675 on: July 11, 2021, 04:24:08 PM »

The statue doesn’t personally offend Kid, so he’s fine with it and will deflect to raising issue with those who are offended.

It’s a good thing Kid has no power behind his whack-ass opinions.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11676 on: July 11, 2021, 04:25:21 PM »

Elder abuse is like:
Govts not being able to provide enough power to the homes of the elderly...everyone over 55 these days...causing them to suffer.

Mice et all your coal again?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11677 on: July 11, 2021, 04:52:59 PM »

Elder abuse is like:

I was thinking more in your world...the elderly being failed in Texas recently.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11678 on: July 11, 2021, 05:03:23 PM »

Elder abuse is like:

Everybody's being failed in Texas recently except the politicians and the very wealthy.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11679 on: July 11, 2021, 05:09:21 PM »

From 2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Kind of the way MLK,Jr gets remembered.

Feet of clay, feet of clay.

Such a stupid, predictable comparison, designed purely to raise the hackles of others. I wish you would return to posting without intending to provoke and irritate.

Why is the comparison unfair?

Explain.
Oh look! Forrest wants you to bite on the Racist Bait! Don't fall for it.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #11680 on: July 11, 2021, 05:17:58 PM »

The scientists are always going to rise to the top, like Benjamin Franklin.

And as the scientists solve the problems in Texas they can file for patents, etc. 

I am not a fan of Ted Cruz. The power is with the people, and not with the politicians. 

And on the issue of electric companies, the companies need to be owned by the people, like in Anaheim, so that the people are not over-charged, and we also sell electricity to Disneyland and to the hotels, etc, and some of the money goes into a General Fund to be spent however the people want, and some of the money goes to helping the homeless, etc.

As Australia goes green then they need to own their own power companies, and they can sell electricity to the resorts, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11681 on: July 11, 2021, 05:31:32 PM »

The Conservative Death Cult reached new lows as they cheered the news that Americans weren't going to meet a vaccination goal, even as more than 95% of those being hospitalized with COVID now are unvaccinated.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dr-anthony-fauci-says-its-horrifying-to-see-cpac-crowd-cheering-low-vaccination-rates

These people are sick.

And there is no vaccine for their illness.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11682 on: July 11, 2021, 05:43:10 PM »

Elder abuse is like:

Everybody's being failed in Texas recently except the politicians and the very wealthy.
An expected profession of uneducated partisan drivel.
Feel free to compare Texas to the rest of the USA and the world economy.  I dare you.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11683 on: July 11, 2021, 05:46:34 PM »

Elder abuse is like:

An expected profession of uneducated partisan drivel.
Feel free to compare Texas to the rest of the USA and the world economy.  I dare you.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11684 on: July 11, 2021, 05:47:05 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trouble-alaska-massive-oil-pipeline-threatened-thawing-permafrost-n1273589

The thawing permafrost is causing supports for parts of the pipeline to twist out of shape and threatens to cause a major leak in a delicate area.

(But this is more partisan crap in Ward's view because melting permafrost is clearly made up by liberals.)
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 2926