Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753668 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11685 on: July 11, 2021, 05:48:32 PM »

Elder abuse is like:
Govts not being able to provide enough power to the homes of the elderly...everyone over 55 these days...causing them to suffer.

Mice et all your coal again?
I was thinking more in your world...the elderly being failed in Texas recently.

Everybody's being failed in Texas recently except the politicians and the very wealthy.
An expected profession of uneducated partisan drivel.
Feel free to compare Texas to the rest of the USA and the world economy.  I dare you.
Elder abuse is like:
Govts not being able to provide enough power to the homes of the elderly...everyone over 55 these days...causing them to suffer.

Mice et all your coal again?
I was thinking more in your world...the elderly being failed in Texas recently.

Everybody's being failed in Texas recently except the politicians and the very wealthy.
An expected profession of uneducated partisan drivel.
Feel free to compare Texas to the rest of the USA and the world economy.  I dare you.

I believe I have been "double-dared" by Ward.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11686 on: July 11, 2021, 05:53:22 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trouble-alaska-massive-oil-pipeline-threatened-thawing-permafrost-n1273589

The thawing permafrost is causing supports for parts of the pipeline to twist out of shape and threatens to cause a major leak in a delicate area.

(But this is more partisan crap in Ward's view because melting permafrost is clearly made up by liberals.)
Quick. Send Kammy Harris to stick her finger in the melting permafrost !

« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 05:55:53 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11687 on: July 11, 2021, 06:14:22 PM »

First stat I chose was unemployment rate, Ward:
https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

Texas is 38th in the country.

25th in life expectancy.

70% of their children are not proficient at reading in 4th grade or at math in 8th grade, below national average.

19% of their children live in poverty, again below the national average.

8% of their teens are neither in school nor working. This, too.

13% of their children do not have health insurance, more than double the national rate.

There is a higher death rate for children and teens than the national average, as well.

While their teen birth stats are half what they were in 2010, they are still almost 50% worse than the national average.

Tied for 41st - 45th for seniors living in poverty.

42nd in overall healthcare

Okay, Ward.

You want to argue that since the state of children in Texas is only 46th out of 50 states that my claim is false?!

Or that it's not at the very bottom in poverty for either children or seniors, folks there are being served and not let down?

Go for it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11688 on: July 11, 2021, 06:15:21 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trouble-alaska-massive-oil-pipeline-threatened-thawing-permafrost-n1273589

The thawing permafrost is causing supports for parts of the pipeline to twist out of shape and threatens to cause a major leak in a delicate area.

(But this is more partisan crap in Ward's view because melting permafrost is clearly made up by liberals.)

A deep response, Ward.

Deep in shit, but most definitely deep.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #11689 on: July 11, 2021, 06:24:54 PM »

Red mocks VP Harris rather than admit that those dire forecasts of the serious impact of climate change predicted by almost all climate scientists, that he and the Neanderthal right scoffed at for decades, are coming true. 

Red doesn't respect mother earth and he mocks VP Harris.

Red seems scared of powerful women.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11690 on: July 11, 2021, 06:26:14 PM »

Some sources:

I searched unemployment rate by state 2021 and got:

I searched life expectancy by state 2021 and got:
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/life-expectancy-by-state

I searched chidren in poverty by state 2021 and got:
https://www.aecf.org/resources/2021-kids-count-data-book
(The Children's Defense Fund site was higher on the search, but did not have an easily found state by state listing.)

I searched seniors living in poverty by state and got:
https://files.kff.org/attachment/issue-brief-poverty-among-seniors-an-updated-analysis-of-national-and-state-level-poverty-rates-under-the-official-and-supplemental-poverty-measures

I searched healthcare by state and got:
https://2020scorecard.commonwealthfund.org/rankings

Holly Martins

« Reply #11691 on: July 11, 2021, 06:29:10 PM »

Paging Dr.  Freud....

Holly Martins

« Reply #11692 on: July 11, 2021, 06:43:04 PM »

25th in life expectancy.

70% of their children are not proficient at reading in 4th grade or at math in 8th grade, below national average.

13% of their children do not have health insurance, more than double the national rate.

There is a higher death rate for children and teens than the national average, as well.

While their teen birth stats are half what they were in 2010, they are still almost 50% worse than the national average.

(...)

Nice digging,  Josh.

Don't forget their clanking horror of a deregulated utility industry that left millions shivering, the cancer belts around Port Arthur and Beaumont, and by gum Texas is Number One in state-sanctioned murder!   Yippee tie yi ay!   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11693 on: July 11, 2021, 07:05:20 PM »

25th in life expectancy.

Okay, Ward.

You want to argue that since the state of children in Texas is only 46th out of 50 states that my claim is false?!

Or that it's not at the very bottom in poverty for either children or seniors, folks there are being served and not let down?

Go for it.
LoL!
9 th largest economy in the WORLD!
5th largest state in the USA in population growth
Population growth from births among the highest in the country.
Population growth from migration/births 60/40.
Popular destination for Chinese /Asians and, nationally , California and other high tax Blue States.
Ranked first in the nation for growth prospects
Amazon,Tesla, HP, Oracle moved or expanded operations there.
All of these are measurements of success and potential for more growth. 
You cited no measurement comparisons.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11694 on: July 11, 2021, 07:15:11 PM »

25th in life expectancy.

Okay, Ward.

Go for it.
LoL!
9 th largest economy in the WORLD!
5th largest state in the USA in population growth
Population growth from births among the highest in the country.
Population growth from migration/births 60/40.
Popular destination for Chinese /Asians and, nationally , California and other high tax Blue States.
Ranked first in the nation for growth prospects
Amazon,Tesla, HP, Oracle moved or expanded operations there.
All of these are measurements of success and potential for more growth. 
You cited no measurement comparisons.

"no measurement comparisons?"

Yes, Texas is big. Too bad it isn't "bigger" in how it treats its residents.

Pretty sure you would be among the people complaining about the migrant vs. birth ratio, if you lived there. I know Luee would!

Yes, it is a very good place for wealthy people to run their businesses - how does that conflict with what I said?! I think you are underscoring my point!

You want to see comparisons, Ward, I gave you the links for all my numbers. Go satisfy your cravings or specify what you think I should have listed instead of ranks!

Somehow, I don't think there are any "measurement comparisons" that will make 46th in the country for overall conditions for children look good, but knock yourself out!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11695 on: July 11, 2021, 07:25:45 PM »

25th in life expectancy.

Okay, Ward.

Go for it.

Red likes states that achieve these milestones on the back of blue state largesse via federal appropriations and industry subsidies for polluters.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11696 on: July 11, 2021, 07:36:06 PM »

From 2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Kind of the way MLK,Jr gets remembered.

Feet of clay, feet of clay.

Such a stupid, predictable comparison, designed purely to raise the hackles of others. I wish you would return to posting without intending to provoke and irritate.

Why is the comparison unfair?

Explain.

Oh, look.

A sea lion and it isn't even Ward.

"Stupid... intending to provoke and irritate."

If you want to assert that it's unfair, too, I will accept it.

Why don't you explain how the two are similar, Napoleon? After you do that, I will explain why it is a stupid comparison.

p.s. Given your idiotic use of Sealand as a country last time, I fully expect you to try something like, "well, if you can't say why it's unfair, then it must be fair." All that will do is illustrate your cowardice in making outlandish claims that you can't substantiate but won't back down from.

I guess you can't answer the question. But you don't have to lie, Josh. You brought up Sealand.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11697 on: July 11, 2021, 07:44:05 PM »

From 2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Kind of the way MLK,Jr gets remembered.

Feet of clay, feet of clay.

Such a stupid, predictable comparison, designed purely to raise the hackles of others. I wish you would return to posting without intending to provoke and irritate.

Why is the comparison unfair?

Explain.

Oh, look.

A sea lion and it isn't even Ward.

"Stupid... intending to provoke and irritate."

If you want to assert that it's unfair, too, I will accept it.

Why don't you explain how the two are similar, Napoleon? After you do that, I will explain why it is a stupid comparison.

p.s. Given your idiotic use of Sealand as a country last time, I fully expect you to try something like, "well, if you can't say why it's unfair, then it must be fair." All that will do is illustrate your cowardice in making outlandish claims that you can't substantiate but won't back down from.

I guess you can't answer the question. But you don't have to lie, Josh. You brought up Sealand.

I did. I brought it up as the sort of answer you were likely to give.

And you confirmed it.

And of course you said "I guess you can't answer the question."

And you can't answer mine, which makes your statement stupid.

Or rather, illustrates what I already said.

Coward.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #11698 on: July 11, 2021, 08:07:48 PM »

Every state counts. We all matter.

Texas is great, and it is a great place for new immigrants.

Texas has great schools, and a lot of natural resources.

Now Texas is getting back into manufacturing and is making Apple computers, etc.

Plus Texas will make lots of new patents as they solve problems with electrical systems, etc.

As a teen I had a poster of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, and they were always my favorite cheerleaders. Texas has beautiful women.

As the best and brightest rise to the top we will all get better.

We all matter. And Texas is great, I am happy to have Texas on our team.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11699 on: July 11, 2021, 08:11:26 PM »

Every state counts. We all matter.

Texas is great, and it is a great place for new immigrants.

Texas has great schools, and a lot of natural resources.

Now Texas is getting back into manufacturing and is making Apple computers, etc.

Plus Texas will make lots of new patents as they solve problems with electrical systems, etc.

As a teen I had a poster of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, and they were always my favorite cheerleaders. Texas has beautiful women.

As the best and brightest rise to the top we will all get better.

We all matter. And Texas is great, I am happy to have Texas on our team.

Salute,

Tony V.
Sheridan was right about Texas. Outside of the Hill Country, fuck the whole damned thing.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 2926