Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754126 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11715 on: July 12, 2021, 05:26:29 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/07/11/tucson-unified-school-districts-mexican-american-studies-program-498926

A relevant look at some lab results as the National wave gains shape and direction.

Is there a moral to the story other than “Keep marching”?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11716 on: July 12, 2021, 06:31:15 AM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: July 12, 2021, 06:49:44 AM »

Governor Noem has accused her fellow GOP governors who took measures to try to diminish the spread of COVID in their states of lacking grit.

Of course, they only had their first case of the Delta variant reported at the end of June, with a couple more since then.

It's an asinine claim from a relatively isolated state. I can only hope that her colleagues know better than to heed her and that all of their constituents do not end up paying a price for her intransigence greater than they have already paid.

They have the 10th highest death rate from COVID in the country.

Grit.

https://www.keloland.com/news/healthbeat/coronavirus/covid-19-in-south-dakota-two-new-delta-variant-cases-105-new-total-cases-in-the-past-week-death-toll-at-2039/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: July 12, 2021, 07:14:42 AM »

http://thebulwark.com/the-real-point-of-the-arizona-audit/

The purpose is to make people question our elections and their reliability.

I get that.

I just think that they are failing more than they are succeeding.

And I am heartened by this quote from the article:
“intensity of opposition to the audit exceeded the intensity of support, with those strongly opposed to it outnumbering those strongly in favor by 5 percentage points.”

I wish it were a greater difference than that, but I suspect as time goes by it will be.

(I also think the phrase "one of the two people solely responsible..." should die an abrupt and sudden death.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11720 on: July 12, 2021, 07:26:15 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/07/11/tucson-unified-school-districts-mexican-american-studies-program-498926

A relevant look at some lab results as the National wave gains shape and direction.

Could be seen by some, Russell Pearce included, as White-bashing, and agendas other than unity.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: July 12, 2021, 07:32:07 AM »

Could be seen by some, Russell Pearce included, as White-bashing, and agendas other than unity.

It could.

Kind of like Noem sees refusing to try to control the spread of COVID as her having "grit."

That is to say, it's delusional, Bambu.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11722 on: July 12, 2021, 07:35:15 AM »

Flicking thru the internet today I discovered that some leftist Latino/POC, some might say activist, women have "white European appearance" husbands/male partners.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11723 on: July 12, 2021, 07:43:13 AM »

You are creepy as hell in your browsing habits.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: July 12, 2021, 07:47:04 AM »

Flicking thru the internet today I discovered that some leftist Latino/POC, some might say activist, women have "white European appearance" husbands/male partners.

Yes.

They're not anti-white, despite some "rightist Europeo/PONC" opinions.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11725 on: July 12, 2021, 07:49:32 AM »

http://thebulwark.com/the-real-point-of-the-arizona-audit/

The purpose is to make people question our elections and their reliability.

I get that.

I just think that they are failing more than they are succeeding.

And I am heartened by this quote from the article:
“intensity of opposition to the audit exceeded the intensity of support, with those strongly opposed to it outnumbering those strongly in favor by 5 percentage points.”

I wish it were a greater difference than that, but I suspect as time goes by it will be.

(I also think the phrase "one of the two people solely responsible..." should die an abrupt and sudden death.)

The playbook is pure thirties fascist takeover. The alabastards will keep banging away at it whether they’ve misread the moment or not. The thing is to hamstring their efforts either through legislation, executive action, or prosecutions along with economic isolation and public shaming. Some of them will have to be disarmed. Some of those will refuse to be. Fear and disorder are key tools that need to be brought to bear on republicans to break up their terror plot to destroy the United States.

The politics is plenty good, so striking to preserve our system of government from savage fake Christian white nationalists will be rewarded in our system if those strikes land and this round, if not the whole fight, is won.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 07:52:17 AM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: July 12, 2021, 08:15:04 AM »

Same source, different subject.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jul/03/mount-rushmore-south-dakota-indigenous-americans

Listening to our less liberal islanders talk about the Civil War statues/memorials and the need to preserve them and our deep commitment to our Founding Fathers who should only be judged in one part of the morality of their time, at the same time that they also talk about how there is no need to enshrine and uphold our treaties or to repair damage done to racial minority groups in our country, I am struck (anew) by the hypocrisy of only wanting to honor certain parts of history.

"We're for law and order, but not those laws and not that order."

"Remember the Alamo," but "Forget the treaties!"

"Guns are a right - no restrictions should be put on them!" while "We need to put restrictions on the process of voting!" even though it, too, is a right.

So, as I read about the increasing effort to return to Natives what was stolen from them and the right wing resistance - still and again - to honoring treaties that the other side had cause to believe were signed in good faith, I have to wonder if there is anything other than greed, avarice, and power that our nation's right wing can ever stand for again.

It's not small government. It's only fiscal "responsibility" when the Dems are in the White House. It's social "conservatism" except when it's their mistresses who need an abortion or their daughters who want same sex marriage. It's neither isolationism nor interventionism as policy, just as excuses for doing what they want.

And you know that every time there is a natural disaster, they balk at funds for the stricken BLUE areas, but beg when it is a stricken RED area.

They cannot and will not see that they destroy themselves in the name of destroying us.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: July 12, 2021, 09:04:01 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2021/07/12/us/hunter-brittain-sharpton-crump/index.html

In which Al Sharpton and Ben Crump take on the case of a white teen killed by police.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: July 12, 2021, 09:22:18 AM »

The Conservative Death Cult .....

Shhhhh.....

Kid, how do you feel about their cheering missing the vaccination goal?!

Do you sincerely believe it is a good thing to have missed it? Do you think the current path for those unvaccinated is a good one?!

Sure.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 2926