Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753618 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11790 on: July 13, 2021, 10:44:18 AM »

The biggest danger to American democracy is the so called Problem Solvers Caucus.

Given that it was put together by No Labels,  which has done some good things,  I have to ask why you say that.

No Labels is a right leaning “centrist”, corporate organization working against Democrats under the guise of faux bipartisanship and they’re funded with dark money to advance power for corporate and special interests. Period.

Hi,  Larry.  ,You haven't really supported that statement that I'm aware of.   The founder,  Nancy Jacobson,  doesn't seem right-leaning or anti democrat...

The problem is Mark Penn....

Thoughtful well-researched post (which I trimmed so this won't fill the page).   I'll admit I should have been more suspicious of a political group that calls itself problem solvers.   
 :)

Holly Martins

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: July 13, 2021, 11:09:27 AM »

From 2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Kind of the way MLK,Jr gets remembered.

Feet of clay, feet of clay.

Such a stupid, predictable comparison, designed purely to raise the hackles of others. I wish you would return to posting without intending to provoke and irritate.

Why is the comparison unfair?

Explain.

Oh, look.

A sea lion and it isn't even Ward.

"Stupid... intending to provoke and irritate."

If you want to assert that it's unfair, too, I will accept it.

Why don't you explain how the two are similar, Napoleon? After you do that, I will explain why it is a stupid comparison.

p.s. Given your idiotic use of Sealand as a country last time, I fully expect you to try something like, "well, if you can't say why it's unfair, then it must be fair." All that will do is illustrate your cowardice in making outlandish claims that you can't substantiate but won't back down from.

I guess you can't answer the question. But you don't have to lie, Josh. You brought up Sealand.

I did. I brought it up as the sort of answer you were likely to give.

And you confirmed it.

And of course you said "I guess you can't answer the question."

And you can't answer mine, which makes your statement stupid.

Or rather, illustrates what I already said.

Coward.

Your delusional behavior is noted.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: July 13, 2021, 11:15:08 AM »

---Statue of Lewis & Clark and Sacagawea toppled in Charlottesville---

https://nypost.com/2021/07/10/charlottesville-takes-down-sacagawea-statue-after-confederate-removals/

In the stock market they call it throwing out the baby with the bath water. No more statues of white people in public areas?

Toppled?

“I feel that it should just be melted down,” Rose Ann Abrahamson, a Sacagawea descendant, said during the council meeting, The Daily Progress reported. “I feel that it’s entirely offensive and it should be obliterated.”

Rose makes big coin off her auntie's name.

So what?

Why white people like you always up in brown people’s pockets?

That's funny, especially coming from the guy who wants to be paid for his ancestors' misfortunes.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11795 on: July 13, 2021, 11:37:35 AM »

The biggest danger to American democracy is the so called Problem Solvers Caucus.

Given that it was put together by No Labels,  which has done some good things,  I have to ask why you say that.

No Labels is a right leaning “centrist”, corporate organization working against Democrats under the guise of faux bipartisanship and they’re funded with dark money to advance power for corporate and special interests. Period.

Hi,  Larry.  ,You haven't really supported that statement that I'm aware of.   The founder,  Nancy Jacobson,  doesn't seem right-leaning or anti democrat...

The problem is Mark Penn....

Thoughtful well-researched post (which I trimmed so this won't fill the page).   I'll admit I should have been more suspicious of a political group that calls itself problem solvers.   

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11796 on: July 13, 2021, 11:39:03 AM »

https://nypost.com/2021/07/10/charlottesville-takes-down-sacagawea-statue-after-confederate-removals/

In the stock market they call it throwing out the baby with the bath water. No more statues of white people in public areas?

Toppled?

“I feel that it should just be melted down,” Rose Ann Abrahamson, a Sacagawea descendant, said during the council meeting, The Daily Progress reported. “I feel that it’s entirely offensive and it should be obliterated.”

So what?

That's funny, especially coming from the guy who wants to be paid for his ancestors' misfortunes.

That literally makes no sense in any context.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: July 13, 2021, 12:07:20 PM »

Toppled?

So what?

Looks like Forrest has gotten his sheets back from the laundry.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #11799 on: July 13, 2021, 02:00:13 PM »

Can no one stop muslin terrorists?   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: July 13, 2021, 02:05:54 PM »

Toppled?

So what?

And you’re still in a pocket.

You are known by what you do even more than you are belittled for the crap you say.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: July 13, 2021, 02:06:44 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/12/health-warnings-as-death-valley-scorches-in-544c-heat

Just wait till we get to the height of summer…

Fac, I moved your post about Frank, et al, over the the Knicks forum, where I think you meant to put it.

Thank you, Josh.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 2926