Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753609 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11807 on: July 13, 2021, 03:20:33 PM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11809 on: July 13, 2021, 03:31:38 PM »

From 2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Kind of the way MLK,Jr gets remembered.

Feet of clay, feet of clay.

Such a stupid, predictable comparison, designed purely to raise the hackles of others. I wish you would return to posting without intending to provoke and irritate.

Why is the comparison unfair?

Explain.

Oh, look.

A sea lion and it isn't even Ward.

"Stupid... intending to provoke and irritate."

If you want to assert that it's unfair, too, I will accept it.

Why don't you explain how the two are similar, Napoleon? After you do that, I will explain why it is a stupid comparison.

p.s. Given your idiotic use of Sealand as a country last time, I fully expect you to try something like, "well, if you can't say why it's unfair, then it must be fair." All that will do is illustrate your cowardice in making outlandish claims that you can't substantiate but won't back down from.

I guess you can't answer the question. But you don't have to lie, Josh. You brought up Sealand.

I did. I brought it up as the sort of answer you were likely to give.

And you confirmed it.

And of course you said "I guess you can't answer the question."

And you can't answer mine, which makes your statement stupid.

Or rather, illustrates what I already said.

Coward.

Your delusional behavior is noted.

Still no answer.

Still no basis for your comparison.

Still a coward.

My only delusion in this instance was thinking there might be something you could and would say to support your comparison.

So, coward, here is why it was a stupid comparison:

Robert E. Lee was a traitor to his country.
Robert E. Lee was a slave owner, for all that he claimed not to want to be.
Robert E. Lee oversaw the brutal punishment of his slaves, including dishing some out himself.
Robert E. Lee's image was intentionally polished to make him seem like a better person than he was over an extended period of time by people who benefited from hiding the truth about him.

Martin Luther King, Jr. was not a traitor to his country.
Martin Luther King, Jr. did not own slaves.
Martin Luther King, Jr. did not punish slaves nor is there any evidence to suggest he was brutal to anybody.
Martin Luther King, Jr's image has been intentionally warped [ii]by people with the same viewpoint as those who polished Lee's image, to make King seem less opposed to them than he was, co-opting his words and carefully trimming them.

Both were flawed human beings, but King's flaws were of a different degree and nature than Lee's, while the image-warping was done to elevate one and drag the other down a few notches - both the elevate whites who were and are anti-African-Americans.

Respond with substance or don't respond at all, Napoleon.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11811 on: July 13, 2021, 03:54:53 PM »

Missouri hospital reports higher number of Covid-19 patients than during December surge 

There I go, being alarmist again.

Cases are up in 45 states.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11812 on: July 13, 2021, 03:55:59 PM »

Missouri hospital reports higher number of Covid-19 patients than during December surge 

There I go, being alarmist again.

Cases are up in 45 states.

4 red states and a purple state.

A third of new Covid-19 cases in the US are coming from five hotspots, according to a CNN medical analyst: Florida, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri and Nevada.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11813 on: July 13, 2021, 04:29:53 PM »

Any Americans who hate their flag and or disrespect it should  be told to go live in Cuba.
Will this be a new policy or can it be applied retroactively to the Trump administration?

They did that?
Not that I saw.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11815 on: July 13, 2021, 04:39:25 PM »

Any Americans who hate their flag and or disrespect it should  be told to go live in Cuba.
Will this be a new policy or can it be applied retroactively to the Trump administration?

They did that?
Not that I saw.
Then you missed the multiple photos of Trump groping the flag like it was Junior Miss Kansas.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11816 on: July 13, 2021, 05:10:43 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11817 on: July 13, 2021, 05:32:57 PM »

More for you to cheer about, Kid:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2021/07/13/tennessee-halts-all-vaccine-outreach-minors-not-just-covid-19/7928701002/

The GOP is trying to kill people.

And all the denial in the world won't change that this is simply true.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11818 on: July 13, 2021, 06:10:28 PM »

Motherfucking Moderate Democrats fuck us every time.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11819 on: July 13, 2021, 07:26:43 PM »

Outrageous News Item

Three Democratic legislators in New York are opposing plans to open Chick-fil-A restaurants at rest stops in the state, citing the fast-food chain’s past donations to groups accused of opposing same-sex marriage.

The reason?
The charitable arm of the corporation made donations supporting the Defense of Marriage Act(DOMA) which was found by SCOTUS to be unconstitutional in 2013. 
2013!
Keep in mind that Chik-Fil-A is the most successful fast-food chicken sandwich chain in America and its  2400 restaurants are ALL run by franchisees. 
The Company runs exactly Zero.
So Chik-Fil-A lost its battle against same sex marriage and Americans shrugged and have made the chain the fifth most popular of ALL the fast food chains in the Country.!
Yet three democrat legislators  in New York want to deny New Yorkers a fast food choice the rest of America embraces.

Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 2926