Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753578 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11925 on: July 14, 2021, 08:35:27 PM »

Motherfucking Moderate Democrats fuck us every time.

Whine some more. Some folks understand the Constitution, and respect it. Others? Not so much.

Where is the filibuster in the Constitution? Where does it say the Senate majority must allow the minority a veto?

Go sit down.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11926 on: July 14, 2021, 08:39:35 PM »

From 2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Kind of the way MLK,Jr gets remembered.

Feet of clay, feet of clay.

Such a stupid, predictable comparison, designed purely to raise the hackles of others. I wish you would return to posting without intending to provoke and irritate.

Why is the comparison unfair?

Explain.

Oh, look.

A sea lion and it isn't even Ward.

"Stupid... intending to provoke and irritate."

If you want to assert that it's unfair, too, I will accept it.

Why don't you explain how the two are similar, Napoleon? After you do that, I will explain why it is a stupid comparison.

p.s. Given your idiotic use of Sealand as a country last time, I fully expect you to try something like, "well, if you can't say why it's unfair, then it must be fair." All that will do is illustrate your cowardice in making outlandish claims that you can't substantiate but won't back down from.

I guess you can't answer the question. But you don't have to lie, Josh. You brought up Sealand.

I did. I brought it up as the sort of answer you were likely to give.

And you confirmed it.

And of course you said "I guess you can't answer the question."

And you can't answer mine, which makes your statement stupid.

Or rather, illustrates what I already said.

Coward.

Your delusional behavior is noted.

Still no answer.

Still no basis for your comparison.

Still a coward.

My only delusion in this instance was thinking there might be something you could and would say to support your comparison.

So, coward, here is why it was a stupid comparison:

Robert E. Lee was a traitor to his country.
Robert E. Lee was a slave owner, for all that he claimed not to want to be.
Robert E. Lee oversaw the brutal punishment of his slaves, including dishing some out himself.
Robert E. Lee's image was intentionally polished to make him seem like a better person than he was over an extended period of time by people who benefited from hiding the truth about him.

Martin Luther King, Jr. was not a traitor to his country.
Martin Luther King, Jr. did not own slaves.
Martin Luther King, Jr. did not punish slaves nor is there any evidence to suggest he was brutal to anybody.
Martin Luther King, Jr's image has been intentionally warped [ii]by people with the same viewpoint as those who polished Lee's image, to make King seem less opposed to them than he was, co-opting his words and carefully trimming them.

Both were flawed human beings, but King's flaws were of a different degree and nature than Lee's, while the image-warping was done to elevate one and drag the other down a few notches - both the elevate whites who were and are anti-African-Americans.

Respond with substance or don't respond at all, Napoleon.

ŽZZZZ...You need a real relationship in your life besides that blow-up doll that came in the mail the other day. Apparently, you can't see a parallel between each man being lionized in order to propagate a false narrative and move the political needle towards an intended outcome.

But that's you, josh. Ever ready to go off without taking time to really think that others' opinions are at least as valid as yours.

That trait likely explains why you are so alone and so lonely.

Ciao.

Loser.

”Apparently, you can't see a parallel between each man being lionized in order to propagate a false narrative and move the political needle towards an intended outcome.”

Im gonna ask you explain this perspective.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11927 on: July 14, 2021, 08:42:02 PM »

Whine some more. Some folks understand the Constitution, and respect it. Others? Not so much.

Where is the filibuster in the Constitution? Where does it say the Senate majority must allow the minority a veto?

Go sit down.

You will want that fillibuster as soon as the GOP is the majority party.

THINK down the road.

If you are able.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11928 on: July 14, 2021, 08:50:30 PM »

From 2017

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Such a stupid, predictable comparison, designed purely to raise the hackles of others. I wish you would return to posting without intending to provoke and irritate.

Explain.

Oh, look.

Why don't you explain how the two are similar, Napoleon? After you do that, I will explain why it is a stupid comparison.

p.s. Given your idiotic use of Sealand as a country last time, I fully expect you to try something like, "well, if you can't say why it's unfair, then it must be fair." All that will do is illustrate your cowardice in making outlandish claims that you can't substantiate but won't back down from.

I guess you can't answer the question. But you don't have to lie, Josh. You brought up Sealand.

And you confirmed it.

Coward.

Still no answer.

Still a coward.

My only delusion in this instance was thinking there might be something you could and would say to support your comparison.

Robert E. Lee oversaw the brutal punishment of his slaves, including dishing some out himself.
Robert E. Lee's image was intentionally polished to make him seem like a better person than he was over an extended period of time by people who benefited from hiding the truth about him.

Martin Luther King, Jr. did not punish slaves nor is there any evidence to suggest he was brutal to anybody.
Martin Luther King, Jr's image has been intentionally warped [ii]by people with the same viewpoint as those who polished Lee's image, to make King seem less opposed to them than he was, co-opting his words and carefully trimming them.

Both were flawed human beings, but King's flaws were of a different degree and nature than Lee's, while the image-warping was done to elevate one and drag the other down a few notches - both the elevate whites who were and are anti-African-Americans.

ŽZZZZ...You need a real relationship in your life besides that blow-up doll that came in the mail the other day. Apparently, you can't see a parallel between each man being lionized in order to propagate a false narrative and move the political needle towards an intended outcome.

But that's you, josh. Ever ready to go off without taking time to really think that others' opinions are at least as valid as yours.

Ciao.

Loser.

”Apparently, you can't see a parallel between each man being lionized in order to propagate a false narrative and move the political needle towards an intended outcome.”

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/4/4/17193286/martin-luther-king-assassination-50th-anniversary-jeanne-theoharis

King is just a puppet, today, that is trotted out for political purposes...Lee was trotted out as a grand hero for political purposes.

There is a parallel.

If one can take the time to move past one's own biases and prejudices and political purposes.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11929 on: July 14, 2021, 08:55:05 PM »

If the GOP ever regains the majority it will be paired with all laws breaking down, making the filibuster small beans.

These fuckers erected a gallows, brutalized a bunch of cops their co-religionists representatives oppose funding and won’t even shake hands with to kill as many loyal and patriotic lawmakers as they could find in either party because republicans see lawmakers who are loyal to the United States as the enemy and politicians who are regarded as patriots as the worst enemies of all.

Their aren’t enough suicidal, delusional, duped, and fanatically fascist Americans out there for this Republican Party to come close in a national election or in the aggregation of districts. That’s without counting the brutal internal warfare going on in the party.

Republicans know they can’t win elections. That why rather than planning to contest one with constructive ideas and experienced and qualified candidates, they are working out how to stage a coup that works as they double down on 1/6.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #11930 on: July 14, 2021, 08:55:38 PM »

Biden’s Black Bimbo Veep

There it is.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #11931 on: July 14, 2021, 08:57:05 PM »

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11932 on: July 14, 2021, 08:59:11 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11933 on: July 14, 2021, 10:06:12 PM »

From 2017

Explain.

Oh, look.

And you confirmed it.

Coward.

Still no answer.

Still a coward.

Because that is not what happened nor how.

There is no false positive narrative of MLK the way there is of REL, other than in your mind and that of the conservatives trying to co-opt or tear him down, as I already said.

As somebody else put it, we don't call you racist because we disagree with you. We call you racist because you write racist crap.

Repeatedly.

It's a false parallel.

And you don't need to sign your name (Loser) at the end of your posts.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11934 on: July 14, 2021, 10:11:08 PM »

p.s. If I had such an inflatable doll, it would have better logic in response to this bullshit than you and Ward multiplied or added.

Your senses of yourselves are more inflated than a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11935 on: July 14, 2021, 10:13:33 PM »

Go sit down.

You will want that fillibuster as soon as the GOP is the majority party.

THINK down the road.

If you are able.

If the GOP regains a majority McConnell will nuke the filibuster at 12:01 am the day the majority is official!

If the Biden Administration passed these huge fucking transformational programs the GOP, in this incarnation of the America First (Nazi) Party will lose a huge section of the resentment electorate
and that’ll help conservatives wipe the sludge they brought into the party down the drain.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11936 on: July 14, 2021, 10:17:49 PM »

If the GOP ever regains the majority it will be paired with all laws breaking down, making the filibuster small beans.

These fuckers erected a gallows, brutalized a bunch of cops their co-religionists representatives oppose funding and won’t even shake hands with to kill as many loyal and patriotic lawmakers as they could find in either party because republicans see lawmakers who are loyal to the United States as the enemy and politicians who are regarded as patriots as the worst enemies of all.

Their aren’t enough suicidal, delusional, duped, and fanatically fascist Americans out there for this Republican Party to come close in a national election or in the aggregation of districts. That’s without counting the brutal internal warfare going on in the party.

Republicans know they can’t win elections. That why rather than planning to contest one with constructive ideas and experienced and qualified candidates, they are working out how to stage a coup that works as they double down on 1/6.

They’re banking on a majority of white people’s fear and resentment.

If Democratic Moderates don’t negotiate against the party during the sausage making the country just might make it.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11937 on: July 14, 2021, 10:23:48 PM »

From 2017

Explain.

Oh, look.

And you confirmed it.

Coward.

Still no answer.

Still a coward.

Ciao.

Loser.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/4/4/17193286/martin-luther-king-assassination-50th-anniversary-jeanne-theoharis

King is just a puppet, today, that is trotted out for political purposes...Lee was trotted out as a grand hero for political purposes.

There is a parallel.

If one can take the time to move past one's own biases and prejudices and political purposes.

Yeah, let’s equate the guy who fought against his country to maintain chattel slavery with the guy who dedicated his life to make the country that despised him a better place.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11938 on: July 14, 2021, 10:29:20 PM »

Interesting POV from Mr. Kim:

https://news.yahoo.com/woke-admissions-rules-really-just-212100838.html

No.

Not surprising since the Washington Examiner can rarely find writers capable of making their bullshit axe grinding interesting. Mr. Kim seems to produce absolutely useless column inches. Hopefully it keeps him warm and indoors.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11939 on: July 14, 2021, 10:36:16 PM »

I happen to agree with Napoleon Samuels that King gets trotted out for political purposes - indeed, I said so first.

And the way Napoleon Piggy is doing it is exactly what I meant.

The conservatives and other racists do it for those purposes.

And cannot admit it.
Pages: 1 ... 794 795 [796] 797 798 ... 2926